Giants waive Da'Rel Scott.

joewilly12

He's better than Alex Green.

Giants waived RB Da'Rel Scott.

It's a surprising move, and a vote of confidence in shaky starter David Wilson. It's a sign the Giants are ready to start using Wilson in more passing situations. It leaves the G-Men with just used-up veteran Brandon Jacobs and practice-squad type Michael Cox behind Wilson. Scott rushed five times for 26 yards against the Chiefs on Sunday, but was averaging only 3.5 yards per carry. That number slumps to 3.0 for his career.

I wish Vegas had prop-bets for this site, I'd make a killing off guessing your next threads.  But just to be clear, the guy who the 0-4 giants, with one of the worst run-games in the league just cut?  Sign me up.

Did you see the game on Sunday?  Alex Green cut by GB the RB powerhouse team of the NFL cut this guy he couldn't gain 1 yard. Scott is decent Coughlin is scapegoating players to rile the team up.

Did you see the game on Sunday?  Alex Green cut by GB the RB powerhouse team of the NFL cut this guy he couldn't gain 1 yard. Scott is decent Coughlin is scapegoating players to rile the team up.

If that's true he's 10x the scumbag I thought he was before.  Same guy whose team screws up all over and the only one he rips publicly is a rookie punter who was probably already devastated. 

If that's true he's 10x the scumbag I thought he was before.  Same guy whose team screws up all over and the only one he rips publicly is a rookie punter who was probably already devastated. 

The Matt Dodge thing was stupid, but Scott being cut wasnt/shouldnt be a surprise. He's made countless boneheaded mistakes and isnt any good to begin with. The biggest mistake the Giants made with the RB position was letting Bradshaw leave as David Wilson is lost.

Obviously you watched the play, but your interpretation of it is mind-boggling. The failure of that is on the hands of the play-call and credit to the defense: that's a play they've had success with when 9 guys are stacking the box. They were looking for a big play and it failed.

Green didn't hit the A gap out of a power I formation, he took a pitch where he was met 2 yards behind the LOS by two defenders.  Short of hurdling 10 feet in the air, there's simply nothing he could have done.

Obviously you watched the play, but your interpretation of it is mind-boggling. The failure of that is on the hands of the play-call and credit to the defense: that's a play they've had success with when 9 guys are stacking the box. They were looking for a big play and it failed.

Green didn't hit the A gap out of a power I formation, he took a pitch where he was met 2 yards behind the LOS by two defenders.  Short of hurdling 10 feet in the air, there's simply nothing he could have done.

The play had no chance, but Green runs like he has a piano on his back.

The Matt Dodge thing was stupid, but Scott being cut wasnt/shouldnt be a surprise. He's made countless boneheaded mistakes and isnt any good to begin with. The biggest mistake the Giants made with the RB position was letting Bradshaw leave as David Wilson is lost.

If he is just using him as a scapegoat for a team full of failure, which is the comment I was responding to, then Coughlin is 10x the scumbag I thought he was before.

I saw that.  bush league

maybe the giants are bringing in hillis ?

Nah, they just signed Brandon Jacobs.  They're pretty much the same player...sans the Madden curse. 

Methinks they go more along the lines of a Tim Hightower or Michael Turner, not that either could do anything behind that OL.  Apparently Snee is banged up pretty good, their Center is iffy, and their first round rookie Justin Pugh isn't setting anything on fire. Tiki Barber in his hayday couldn't get 4ypc behind that line.   

Archived