Jets Must Capitalize on Monday Night!

73andMe

What are the odds? Bills, Pats and Dolphins all lose.  Although it won't be easy, 

Jets must find a way to beat Atlanta. Don't get too many opportunities like this!

The Jets win games like this. These are the games that make us believe, then they will to something utterly ridiculous like lose to the Raiders, Panthers and Browns down the stretch heading into week 17 against the Dolphins for a wildcard spot and get spanked.

Im telling you, this is "THAT" game lol.

The Jets win games like this. These are the games that make us believe, then they will to something utterly ridiculous like lose to the Raiders, Panthers and Browns down the stretch heading into week 17 against the Dolphins for a wildcard spot and get spanked.

Im telling you, this is "THAT" game lol.

I mean, many Jets fans went into this season with the expectation of winning something like 4-6 games.  If we beat the Falcons to go to 3-2 then follow it up with a bad loss, who cares?  We're easily beating expectations.

I mean, many Jets fans went into this season with the expectation of winning something like 4-6 games.  If we beat the Falcons to go to 3-2 then follow it up with a bad loss, who cares?  We're easily beating expectations.

Just wondering....Was that supposed to be a Rah Rah go get em' kind of speech?

I was simply stating the obvious. This is that "set up" game for our football emotions. We can say what we like about those expectations, but if we beat the falcons you know whats coming to the forums 80. sh*t, I'll probably be leading the charge! lol. S U P E R B O W L!

I was simply stating the obvious. This is that "set up" game for our football emotions. We can say what we like about those expectations, but if we beat the falcons you know whats coming to the forums 80. sh*t, I'll probably be leading the charge! lol. S U P E R B O W L!

The overreactions are crazy strong around here.  Fans either need to be glad we're doing better than people thought or stop getting their hopes up so much when we win.  It's ridiculous.  You can't live life that far out of equillibrium.

The overreactions are crazy strong around here.  Fans either need to be glad we're doing better than people thought or stop getting their hopes up so much when we win.  It's ridiculous.  You can't live life that far out of equillibrium.

Being a life long die-hard Jets fan IS living life far out of equillibrium. My family members who are Cowboy, Steelers & Giants fans have reminded me of that since 95. It must be true. Im one of two Jet fans in my family and I've watched every other team that a family member is a fan of win a Superbowl.....mulitple times for each team lol.

Being a life long die-hard Jets fan IS living life far out of equillibrium. My family members who are Cowboy, Steelers & Giants fans have reminded me of that since 95. It must be true. Im one of two Jet fans in my family and I've watched every other team that a family member is a fan of win a Superbowl.....mulitple times for each team lol.

Well the good news is that none of your family members will be talking sh-t tomorrow. 

I don't know if they are better than expected.   They were lucky to win the first game, weren't good enough to win the second game,  beat a bad bills team, and wound up getting beat down by Tennessee.  If they go into Atlanta and win 30-10, then yeah, they were better than expected.   But if it's one of those 13-10 games, win or lose, then it's the same Jets team who never seems to understand the concept of offense.     

People talking about playoffs are funny though.   If Smith improves over the year and the offense gets better, great.   But if they wind up 8-8 and are what they are right now,  how is that a sign of good things to come?  It's just a sign of the same team we've been seeing for a long long time.   And that's not a good thing.

I don't know if they are better than expected.   They were lucky to win the first game, weren't good enough to win the second game,  beat a bad bills team, and wound up getting beat down by Tennessee.  If they go into Atlanta and win 30-10, then yeah, they were better than expected.   But if it's one of those 13-10 games, win or lose, then it's the same Jets team who never seems to understand the concept of offense.     

People talking about playoffs are funny though.   If Smith improves over the year and the offense gets better, great.   But if they wind up 8-8 and are what they are right now,  how is that a sign of good things to come?  It's just a sign of the same team we've been seeing for a long long time.   And that's not a good thing.

The Bills are a bad team, yes.  But we were supposed to be one of those bad teams too.  You know, like when we were placed 32nd in the preseason power rankings.

No chance we were supposed to be 2-2 right now.

The Bills are a bad team, yes.  But we were supposed to be one of those bad teams too.  You know, like when we were placed 32nd in the preseason power rankings.

No chance we were supposed to be 2-2 right now.

2-2 means nothing if they finish the season 6-10 and Geno gets worse and the offense continues to stink up the field.    The goal of any season is to win, but it's also to improve.   The jets aren't a very good team, not matter what people overreact to.         And who cares what the media think or claims.  Most of the time they aren't anymore experts than most fans. Hell, they are worse many times.        

I mean if the jets lose 30-10, what is the expectation then?   They are only 2-3, but the last two games they were blown out....   That's why it doesn't mean all that much win or lose.  Great if they win tonight, but if its one of those 16-13 nailbitters and Geno continues to struggle,  it doesn't really do much for me in the sense of "wow this team is on the right path."    That's what it's about.   Can this team improve enough this season, regardless of record,  so that next year they make some good selections in the draft and sign a few decent free agents and they wind up becoming a contender.     Having another 8-8 season that was better than what the media expected is what the Jets have been doing most of their history.   It doesn't really do much except lead to more 8-8 seasons.    A team who actually seems to be improve over the years and becomes a contender, now thats golden.  

I mean over the past 20 years, the Jets seem to be a team who has a surprise season, followed by getting worse and worse.  Then a coaching change.  And then the same story over and over.  And they always seem to be a defense first, never much of an offense.    Eventually the concept of "wow we went 8-8, but were supposed to be 4-12"  BS stories need to turn into went 6-10, 8-8 then 13-3, 13-3, 13-3 and so on.   Having the same avg team year after year who we just wait around to have one of those 'magical' seasons once a decade (twice in the Ryan era) is not really a good thing.

Archived