Idzik, Rex, Geno: Grade 'em through 7 weeks

Jetsfan80

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm deeply concerned that you feel that way.

His best work was in the draft, a draft largely put together by Tannenbaum's staff. I don't think we can really start to judge him until next year, with his own staff in place, and see what he does when he has money to spend. But that shouldn't stop you from grading him however and whenever you see fit. Lol.

How come "Tannenbaum's staff" didn't help Tannenbaum keep his job?

How come "Tannenbaum's staff" didn't help Tannenbaum keep his job?

If he'd listened to Bradway and drafted Russell Wilson, he'd probably still be here. Maybe Idzik listens better.

From Tannenbaum's last two drafts, though, Coples, Hill, Davis, Allen, Wilkerson, Ellis, Powell, and Kerley all have significant roles on this team. The staff might be pretty good. Hopefully Idzik improved on it. We start to find that out next year.

If he'd listened to Bradway and drafted Russell Wilson, he'd probably still be here. Maybe Idzik listens better.

The top-rated quality of any boss has always been listening skills.  So yeah, if you're right about this, that is an unquestionably important attribute for a GM to have.

If Idzik is a guy who simply listens to his strong scouting department AND doesn't give overrated players bloated contracts, we have ourselves a good GM.

The top-rated quality of any boss has always been listening skills.  So yeah, if you're right about this, that is an unquestionably important attribute for a GM to have.

If Idzik is a guy who simply listens to his strong scouting department AND doesn't give overrated players bloated contracts, we have ourselves a good GM.

I'm hoping the scouting department remains as strong (or gets stronger) with the Rod Graves hire, but I'm a safe distance from convinced it will be.

From Tannenbaum's last two drafts, though, Coples, Hill, Davis, Allen, Wilkerson, Ellis, Powell, and Kerley all have significant roles on this team. The staff might be pretty good. Hopefully Idzik improved on it. We start to find that out next year.

Or, more likely, Idzik and Rod Graves sat down and interpreted scouting reports from scouts whose job it is to scout and decided which players best fit the team instead of taking the advice of a certain bloviating head coach whose personnel decisions have been, historically, dubious.

Coples, Hill, and Kenrick Ellis have been non-factors. Demario Davis and Kerley have been solid. The team has been carried by Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, and Geno Smith. I don't know why you're on this bent to diminish what Idzik has brought here.

I don't know why you're on this bent to diminish what Idzik has brought here.

I'm actually content with him, just taking more of a wait and see approach. It's next year when we really start to see what his vision of team building entails. Honestly, I just get a kick of you making your oh face before Idzik manages to get his arm all the way around. Lol.

I'm actually content with him, just taking more of a wait and see approach. It's next year when we really start to see what his vision of team building entails. Honestly, I just get a kick of you making your oh face before Idzik manages to get his arm all the way around. Lol.

:lol:

In my mind, Idzik uses both hands.

Archived