Andrew Luck

Matt39

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flacco and Eli. Neither are very good. Ditto Stafford. When they have weapons, they play well.

Look at Peyton sh*tting the bed right now. The Denver offense all season has been based off of their WR's and yards after the catch. Pats are taking that away and Peyton looks awful. Demaryius hasnt caught a pass tonight. The game now is all about about getting your weapons the ball in space.

They were both better than mediocre.

And you're all over the place now. First it's the fault of the weapons for not being weapons. Now it's Manning's fault for not using his weapons. Keeping consistent with your argument, it shouldn't be possible for this game to happen because Denver has 3 receiving weapons on offense.

Except it IS possible, which is precisely my point. "Weapons" do not make a bad QB into a good one (nor do they prevent a great QB from ever having a bad day).

The way Smith is playing now, it wouldn't matter who his receivers are. It might help a little, I'm sure, but it wouldn't make him a good QB any more than Fitz & Boldin turned Leinart into a good QB.

They were both better than mediocre.

And you're all over the place now. First it's the fault of the weapons for not being weapons. Now it's Manning's fault for not using his weapons. Keeping consistent with your argument, it shouldn't be possible for this game to happen because Denver has 3 receiving weapons on offense.

Except it IS possible, which is precisely my point. "Weapons" do not make a bad QB into a good one (nor do they prevent a great QB from ever having a bad day).

The way Smith is playing now, it wouldn't matter who his receivers are. It might help a little, I'm sure, but it wouldn't make him a good QB any more than Fitz & Boldin turned Leinart into a good QB.

The Pats are winning tonights game with defense. They have more respect for Peyton's receivers than Peyton....they're daring Peyton to take a shot. The screens and dump offs that Denver has killed teams with this season arent there tonight because the Pats dont respect Peyton's arm. Denver has been awesome this year because of their weapons.

The Pats are winning tonights game with defense. They have more respect for Peyton's receivers than Peyton....they're daring Peyton to take a shot. The screens and dump offs that Denver has killed teams with this season arent there tonight because the Pats dont respect Peyton's arm. Denver has been awesome this year because of their weapons.

come on man. they have 400 yards pf offense and brady has 3 td passes. there's a little offense being played in that game as well

Then what the hell does Denver need Peyton Manning for? According to you, they don't. Just stick Mark Sanchez back there and they'll win 13+ games in the regular season alone.

Meanwhile no one drops more passes than the Broncos receivers.

Then what the hell does Denver need Peyton Manning for? According to you, they don't. Just stick Mark Sanchez back there and they'll win 13+ games in the regular season alone.

Peyton will be the reason Denver loses in the playoffs. Just like how most  of his seasons end.

Well then we disagree. We've already won 5. Two more were winnable with merely average QB play (which Manning is more than capable of). And there are 5 more games remaining and 4 are against sucky teams.

If he can bring Demaryius along I'd agree. The only QB that could  make these weapons even slightly functional is Rodgers.

Salas and Nelson were both signed off of the street and they both started for the Jets today.

I.

Keep fighting the good fight Matt. You know Ive been doing it here for years and this year the NFL provided us ample proof that if you take the weapons away the QB sh*ts the bed

Just ask Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

And regardless of this argument Geno Smith Sucks and I think he would suck in just about any situation

I don't think it's a coincidence that geno looks just like sanchez

confused, hesitant, no confidence, droopy shoulders, mopey, loser

you can't tell your QB "just don't **** it up, we'll win it on defense" and expect good results

did you see the look on genos face after the first completion of the game......where he was the receiver not the passer ?

humiliated, emasculated, checked out, dispassionate, wave the white flag, game was over right there

the common denominator is rex

this is all on him

Truth. I've seen in a few places that Mornhinweg is getting slammed for being conservative, which is funny. This is the same guy that got repeatedly slammed in Philly for making backup street free agent QBs throw it 35 times a game. Anyone who's watched Rex v. Baltimore or the Steelers the past five years can deduce that Rex pulled the reins in on his quarterbacks, thinking he could simply out-tough their defense with his defense (to embarrassing results).

How many wildcat plays did they run yesterday anyway? 15? How is that helping a young QB?

Keep fighting the good fight Matt. You know Ive been doing it here for years and this year the NFL provided us ample proof that if you take the weapons away the QB sh*ts the bed

Just ask Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

And regardless of this argument Geno Smith Sucks and I think he would suck in just about any situation

Brady just beat the best team in the league throwing to Julian Edelman and handing it off to someone named Brandon Bolden. The Broncos leading receiver was Jacob Tamme. It's pretty safe to say that there's a symbiosis between how well a receiver plays and how well a QB plays. Does Geno have a chance with his current group? No. But they'd look better (as a group) with Brady or Brees throwing them the ball. Hell, look at where Brees' and Brady's weapons were drafted. Look where the Broncos receivers (other than Demaryius Thomas) were drafted. Tony Romo lines up with psycho Dez Bryant, an old Witten, and a bunch of UDFA's. They pwn.

Bottom line, when all of your offensive personnel fails year after year, you need to start looking at the program that's installed there to get them drafted and developed. It can't simply be one player, or one position coach, or even one GM who's bringing in scrubs year after year. It's the whole thing, from top to bottom.

Brady just beat the best team in the league throwing to Julian Edelman and handing it off to someone named Brandon Bolden. The Broncos leading receiver was Jacob Tamme. It's pretty safe to say that there's a symbiosis between how well a receiver plays and how well a QB plays. Does Geno have a chance with his current group? No. But they'd look better (as a group) with Brady or Brees throwing them the ball. Hell, look at where Brees' and Brady's weapons were drafted. Look where the Broncos receivers (other than Demaryius Thomas) were drafted. Tony Romo lines up with psycho Dez Bryant, an old Witten, and a bunch of UDFA's. They pwn.

Bottom line, when all of your offensive personnel fails year after year, you need to start looking at the program that's installed there to get them drafted and developed. It can't simply be one player, or one position coach, or even one GM who's bringing in scrubs year after year. It's the whole thing, from top to bottom.

but this is a different system. different gm. different coordinator with a different system. geno smith is just very bad.

but this is a different system. different gm. different coordinator with a different system. geno smith is just very bad.

Same head coach, thus, same solution to a young, struggling QB: neuter him by calling high school plays because Rex thinks he can get his defense to do more.

Truth. I've seen in a few places that Mornhinweg is getting slammed for being conservative, which is funny. This is the same guy that got repeatedly slammed in Philly for making backup street free agent QBs throw it 35 times a game. Anyone who's watched Rex v. Baltimore or the Steelers the past five years can deduce that Rex pulled the reins in on his quarterbacks, thinking he could simply out-tough their defense with his defense (to embarrassing results).

How many wildcat plays did they run yesterday anyway? 15? How is that helping a young QB?

This is so true, if I'm not mistaken we haven't scored an offensive TD in 3 games now against the Ravens with Rex, he's so spooked by them you could suit up 11 of us in Ravens gear and he'd game plan the same way because " thats one heck of a defense over there"....#fearless

Archived