Jets place LB Troy Davis on IR

joewilly12

By Darryl Slater/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM, updated November 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The Jets on Tuesday placed backup rush outside linebacker Troy Davis on injured reserve because of a chest injury he sustained in Sunday’s 19-3 loss at Baltimore. The injury forced Davis to spend Sunday night in a Baltimore hospital as the Jets returned home. Davis was released Monday.

Davis, who played mostly on special teams, was injured on punt coverage, when Ravens linebacker Courtney Upshaw plowed into him. Upshaw was not penalized on the play, though the Jets’ coaches lobbied officials for a flag. (Video footage of Upshaw’s hit can be seen here, at the 1:15 mark.)

Davis is an undrafted rookie from Central Florida who spent most of the season on the practice squad before being elevated to the active roster Oct. 12.

LOL to any injured player regardless of what team they are on is disturbing not just Jets players.

Who do you think they sign to replace Davis or is there someone on the practice squad.

Yeah, so I'm not laughing about an injured player - I'm laughing at your pace of starting good for nothing threads.

I don't give a **** who they sign to replace him... if I had to guess, I'd say Rex calls Ray Lewis and gets him to come out of retirement.

Yeah, so I'm not laughing about an injured player - I'm laughing at your pace of starting good for nothing threads.

I don't give a **** who they sign to replace him... if I had to guess, I'd say Rex calls Ray Lewis and gets him to come out of retirement.

Nice try anyway its Jets news involving a Jets player regardless of what you think of him.

Ray Lewis I think he can still play the game his conditioning might need work though.

I like Davis.  This is the kind of injury that hurts only in the sense that these are the kind of guys we want to see if they belong on an NFL roster.  He looked good on specials and I'd like to know if he was a viable LB-backup or otherwise. He was a rookie UDFA and is only 22. I imagine they will callup Lansanah if they want an LB, but he is like 28 or possibly Rontez Miles if they are just worried about specials. 

by the way alot of people have been critiquing the coaching staff for running into that white line area during the punt

as a sign of incompetence and disorganization

what actually happened was Troy Davis got personal fouled. So hard, it sent him to the hospital with a "chest" problem and ended his season. Maybe his career. It was a severe illegal hit

they didn't flag they hit but they flagged the coaches for going crazy on the sideline. if you watch that replay, they are in the white paint reacting to Troy Davis getting murdered.

Archived