Geno Smith sounds like he is scared of the Sanchez competition again

drocksthaparty

The difference between Mark and Geno is that Geno seems to take his job seriously, which is actually a pretty big deal.

Exactly and that accounts for a lot. It's the reason I haven't given up on Hill just yet: how many WRs with that type of raw ability do you see that are actually humble and want to get better? The kid looked positively devastated, and rightly so, when he dropped that pass in NE last year and to his credit, he had a great camp and first three games only to catch the injury bug. You can have all the talent in the world, which Mark had a lot of, but if you don't work at your craft, you'll be looking from the outside in. 

As a big Geno guy, I fully admit he's performed far below what I would have liked. But he's performed slightly better with less than Mark did his rookie year and we were all pleased with that season, mainly because of the record.  I think we should be just as excited about the future of Geno as we were with Mark back in '09. Now, maybe Geno turns out to be nothing better than a career backup, but I find it a little difficult to comprehend how some were pleased with Mark's rookie year after being groomed in a pro-style offense since he was a fetus and yet be upset with Geno's season.  I still say grab a rookie QB and a veteran to compete and if Geno wins this year, do whatever we can to actually field a quality NFL offense. 

Exactly and that accounts for a lot. It's the reason I haven't given up on Hill just yet: how many WRs with that type of raw ability do you see that are actually humble and want to get better? The kid looked positively devastated, and rightly so, when he dropped that pass in NE last year and to his credit, he had a great camp and first three games only to catch the injury bug. You can have all the talent in the world, which Mark had a lot of, but if you don't work at your craft, you'll be looking from the outside in.

As a big Geno guy, I fully admit he's performed far below what I would have liked. But he's performed slightly better with less than Mark did his rookie year and we were all pleased with that season, mainly because of the record. I think we should be just as excited about the future of Geno as we were with Mark back in '09. Now, maybe Geno turns out to be nothing better than a career backup, but I find it a little difficult to comprehend how some were pleased with Mark's rookie year after being groomed in a pro-style offense since he was a fetus and yet be upset with Geno's season. I still say grab a rookie QB and a veteran to compete and if Geno wins this year, do whatever we can to actually field a quality NFL offense.

Agreed. Of the several failings Rex has, getting the best out of his young players generally is one of them, and I think that's a result of the environment they come into. They get their asses kissed from the second they're drafted, treated like they've already made the Pro Bowl 12 times, and then when they fall behind, the organization as a whole just shrugs its collective shoulders. This happens over and over. I think the next head coach is going to have to have a firmer hand and create a more constructive environment where there's the right mix of support and accountability.

The Colts and Bengals benching their starters makes Sanchez better.

Season on the line (or so everyone thought) vs Atlanta. Over their prior 8 games, Atlanta was 2-6 and those 2 wins were against Tampa and Washington who would finish 3-13 and 4-12 respectively.  Defense holds Atlanta (otherwise 24ppg) to 10 points.  We scored a pathetic 7 points and lost, as our wonderful rookie tosses 3 picks.  That brought his record as starter to 6-7.  After that, our next 2 opponents benched everyone and basically let us win.

Why fight? They were both terrible rookie QBs.

Get some weapons and let someone like Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn or Ryan Fitzpatrick, throw for 300 yards every week. You have to be a complete ******* imbecile and have absolutely zero talent on your roster in order to NOT be able to generate offense in this league these days.

Archived