Kiper has Jets taking Marqise Lee in his first published mock

Matt39

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and surprise surprise, look who he has going #1? The guy that could turn around this franchise in the blink of an eye. IZZY, Look at Kipers board, look who he has #1 and make it happen, trade up with Houston and you will be a God in NY just like JOHNNY JET.

Wow! He has Manziel going 1?

Kiper and McShay are notorious for making extremely bold proclamations in their first few mocks to garner this type of intrique and thus, website traffic. There's almost no way to put forth a good mock without going through the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro-days. I would be extremely hard-pressed to imagine that his final mock looks even remotely like this one.

Kiper and McShay are notorious for making extremely bold proclamations in their first few mocks to garner this type of intrique and thus, website traffic. There's almost no way to put forth a good mock without going through the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro-days. I would be extremely hard-pressed to imagine that his final mock looks even remotely like this one.

Maybe. Depends on what Houston does with this pick. If they stay at #1, everyone and their mother will suspect that Houston has to take the "hometown hero" to energize that fan base. If however they trade it away, then all bets are off, but as long as Houston holds that pick, MANY mocks will have Johnny Jet going #1.

Good point.

Maybe. Depends on what Houston does with this pick. If they stay at #1, everyone and their mother will suspect that Houston has to take the "hometown hero" to energize that fan base. If however they trade it away, then all bets are off, but as long as Houston holds that pick, MANY mocks will have Johnny Jet going #1.

Everyone and their mother will expect the QB-needy Houston to go with the best overall QB in the draft, Teddy Bridgewater. But hey, who knows, I know that I personally would love for Houston to blow their first rounder on Manziel, that's just one less good AFC team we'd have to worry about for a few years. 

That time Houston buckled to public pressure and drafted Vince Young

That time Houston buckled to public pressure and drafted Vince Young

In that instance, obviously they made the right choice BUT I believe that unlike Vince Young, Johnny Jet will be able to get the following question right on the wonderlick:

The Train goes 60 miles per hour, How far does it go in 30 minutes?

Vince "guessed" 22 (his age).

Everyone and their mother will expect the QB-needy Houston to go with the best overall QB in the draft, Teddy Bridgewater. But hey, who knows, I know that I personally would love for Houston to blow their first rounder on Manziel, that's just one less good AFC team we'd have to worry about for a few years. 

So would I, then Johnny Jet would not cost as much for Izzy to make a move.

In that instance, obviously they made the right choice BUT I believe that unlike Vince Young, Johnny Jet will be able to get the following question right on the wonderlick:

The Train goes 60 miles per hour, How far does it go in 30 minutes?

Vince "guessed" 22 (his age).

Marino and Jim Kelly also scored a 15 on the wonderlic. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy and Blaine Gabbert scored a 48, 43, and 42, respectively.  That test holds zero stock, as half the players don't even finish it because they think it's a joke.

Marino and Jim Kelly also scored a 15 on the wonderlic. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy and Blaine Gabbert scored a 48, 43, and 42, respectively.  That test holds zero stock, as half the players don't even finish it because they think it's a joke.

Vince had the all-time low, an 8.

Funny, they did a study and gave the wonderlick to a bunch of 4th graders and MOST scored higher than these so called "graduates of higher institutions of learning".

If Houston uses their first rounder on Manziel, he won't be available for Izzy to make said move. 

No the poster who I was answering, said they would stay at #1 and take Bridgewater. I said , great as then we wouldnt have to make as big of a move to get Manziel. read it again.

Archived