Ryan Clark: Roger Goodell's Treat of Jim Irsay "Hypocrisy".

Villain The Foe

ok

this IS outrageous.  despite what they said, nobody here would be allowed to go to jail at night and go to work during the day after blowing a 0.246 and crashing into a police SUV

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10976354/denver-broncos-director-player-personnel-sentenced-dui-case

BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. -- A Denver Broncos executive accused of crashing into two cars while driving drunk last year has been sentenced to seven months in jail after he pleaded guilty to driving under the influence and careless driving resulting in injury.

Director of player personnel Matt Russell won't have to miss any work, however, because County Court Judge Edward Casias on Friday approved Russell for work release as part of his sentence.

That means Russell can make arrangements to serve his sentence in his home county of Arapahoe, serving jail time at night while going to his job at team headquarters during the day.

Russell, who was charged after his vehicle ran into the back of a police SUV in Colorado's Summit County over the Fourth of July holiday last summer, also was ordered to perform 120 hours of community service and pay fines and victim restitution.

Russell was arrested while celebrating his 40th birthday. He hit two vehicles, including the police SUV in Breckenridge, injuring an officer. He registered a 0.246 percent breath alcohol content, three times the legal threshold for a DUI violation in Colorado, according to the arrest affidavit.

Russell was traveling an estimated 40 mph when he struck the police SUV that was parked on the side of U.S. Highway 9. The officer sustained a neck injury and was transported to Summit Medical Center for treatment.

"Mr. Russell was given neither a (harsher) nor a less severe sentence than any other defendant," District Attorney Bruce Brown said. "In the eyes of the prosecution, he deserves treatment like any other citizen. The court has rendered an appropriately significant sentence upon Mr. Russell, measured to hold him accountable for the injuries he caused to a law enforcement officer who was doing his job to protect the public and instead ended up in the hospital."

This happened last year and this is the first time Im hearing about it. If this was a player I would have heard about it last year because every reporter would have covered it and Goodell would have issued his lickings and made sure the entire football world knew about it. 

This happened last year and this is the first time Im hearing about it. If this was a player I would have heard about it last year because every reporter would have covered it and Goodell would have issued his lickings and made sure the entire football world knew about it. 

it blows my mind.  that guy will be allowed to go to work, then go sleep at a local prison (conveniently near his home) and consider that time served.

That Rice press conference was just bizarre. He made punching his wife in the face sound like he failed a college exam.

fiance

she went ahead and married him after that

which is worse ?  him punching her in the face, of her forgiving him to marry a rich guy ?

fiance

she went ahead and married him after that

which is worse ? him punching her in the face, of her forgiving him to marry a rich guy ?

Ah right.

It really is amazing. And here I am, my life winding up a living hell for a good 24 hours if I so much as ask for the salt in the wrong tone of voice.

Archived