Eric Decker's production today

JohnnnyBONES

Yes. On Gameday Final, Mooch and Deion we're sitting there extoling the virtues of a rookie QB who really put up nothing until his final (prevent defense) drive, and mocking Geno. It was ridiculous.

the guy was throwing passes designed for Tebow in the first half and getting praised. I wanted to see him actually throw it across the line of scrimmage.

the guy was throwing passes designed for Tebow in the first half and getting praised. I wanted to see him actually throw it across the line of scrimmage.

That's what happens when you comment about games or players based on highlights of games. Not from doing the responsible thing and actually watching the games your getting paid to talk about.

Got to like what you saw from Decker.  Great hands, crisp routes, lots of separation and showed some run after the catch ability.  He need to comeback on the pick from Geno.  Should have fought for it too...but I wont knock him to hard for that...it was an incredible play by Woodson.

+1 

Multiple good options trumps one great option. 

Decker, Kerley, Amaro, CJ, Cumberland, Nelson, and occasionally the others (Salas, Powell, and the 2 returners). Really, from this group there are enough targets on the field at the same time. Also the team isn't so reliant upon one amazing player that the passing game - even the threat of it - more or less disappears when he's off the field.

Which is what happened to the Jets in 09 against the Colts. Sure Revis took Wayne out of the game for the most part but we found out that Marquise Cole and Coleman could not stop the bottom end of the talent the Colts had. Pierre Garcon tore it up.

Revis' stats were intact and Revis Island swallowed yet another victim but the Colts went to the Super Bowl and the Jets did not. 

I like that we have a seemingly pedestrian group of blue collar types who could get the job done if/when another player is neutralized by a player like Revis. 

Archived