I saw progress

JohnnnyBONES

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumby fooled me last year.  I expected big things out of him, I thought he was ready for a breakout year as a receiver, but it just hasn't worked out.  It looked to me like his blocking last night was brutal and was a huge factor in the lack of a perimeter running game.

I'm on that list too bro - really wanted to like him because he was an ILLINI  - thought he had receiver speed for an end and some size.

Looks like he's going to be marginal on moving the football and tissue paper on blocking. 

Would actually rather have a Becht type that could block.

Another guy I would add to the bad is Jeff Cumberland.  The guy just cannot block.  Several times in this game on running plays to the perimeter, it looked like Johnson had a running lane on the cut back, only to have Cumby miss his block and a potential big play became a 2 or 3 yard gain.

Hm, yes I have to play the rookie card myself on that one. I kind of like him as a recieving TE but totally ignored the fact that one of his biggest assignments are as a blocker on running plays. How many snaps would you say he has blocking duty? When i watch the games i rarely focus on blocks at all, my eyes are always on the QB, HB, WR, TE.

Like people say he might be a JAG. In the Jets that could be over average on certain positions and maybe that´s why I still think he´s better than others like Sudfeld.

Hopefully either he or Amaro get his sh*t together when it comes to blocking.

Archived