The Jets blame game shouldnt start or end with Idzik

joewilly12

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the young players contribute to the lack of discipline and penalties?  I thought it was a systemic Rex problem that has gone on for years?

It depends on the type of player you bring in. But the younger guys committing penalties is on Rex....guys like Holmes doing dumb things is something we willfully signed up for.

If that were the case, why no corners?  I don't even think he liked Milliner much.  I don't remember him discussing Wilson much and I think that was a hedge for the Revis holdout.  

Rex is a defensive line coach by trade. I think he thinks he can put anyone on an island because his dline will force quick throws.

Rex is a defensive line coach by trade. I think he thinks he can put anyone on an island because his dline will force quick throws.

I think the opposite.  I think he thinks he needs corners and wants corners.  I think he can get pressure with anybody.  He pretty much did it in 2009 and 2010.  Using Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace as edge rushers and they were getting pressure.  Most of what I read about him was that he covets good corners and I think they are a bigger need than the line in his scheme.  I also think he has not been putting these guys on an island much this year.  

I think the opposite.  I think he thinks he needs corners and wants corners.  I think he can get pressure with anybody.  He pretty much did it in 2009 and 2010.  Using Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace as edge rushers and they were getting pressure.  Most of what I read about him was that he covets good corners and I think they are a bigger need than the line in his scheme.  I also think he has not been putting these guys on an island much this year.  

A lot of "I think" in your slanted analysis.

32 sacks in '09, 40 in '10. Not great numbers

A lot of "I think" in your slanted analysis.

32 sacks in '09, 40 in '10. Not great numbers

You are tiresome.  There is nothing slanted in my analysis because it is not analysis. Matt and I were discussing our thoughts about what Rex would want and would lobby for with the GM.  Every coach will want as many superstars as they can get.  In Matt's opinion, he'd emphasize linemen because he is a Dline coach.  IMO he'd think he can coach of Dlinemen and would emphasize corners.  Nobody said they had great numbers rushing the passer in 2009 and 2010, but they had very good to great defenses.  IMO that is what Rex would prefer, in Matt's he is getting what he asked for.  In yours, you are just here to bitch and complain. 

You are tiresome.  There is nothing slanted in my analysis because it is not analysis. Matt and I were discussing our thoughts about what Rex would want and would lobby for with the GM.  Every coach will want as many superstars as they can get.  In Matt's opinion, he'd emphasize linemen because he is a Dline coach.  IMO he'd think he can coach of Dlinemen and would emphasize corners.  Nobody said they had great numbers rushing the passer in 2009 and 2010, but they had very good to great defenses.  IMO that is what Rex would prefer, in Matt's he is getting what he asked for.  In yours, you are just here to bitch and complain. 

And laugh at you. Don't forget the laughter.

It is the coaches job to impress upon the GM what kind of guys he wants. Rex quite obviously had huge influence over talent acquisition with Tanny, and it doesn't appear to be much different now.

Rex has good moments as a coach, particularly on defense, but he by no means even checks in as average at just about any other job requirement for a head football coach.

Laughable.

......Rex made a lot of mistakes with talent acquisition.  Kyle Wilson never panned out--  using a 5th round pick on a fullback ( John Conner), when we needed WR's. etc.

.... Our D looks good on paper---- until we have to stop someone in crunch time---- Chargers had 4 drives of over 85 yards each.  We need new coaching blood. And soon.

Archived