Talked with a crew from NFL Films today.

Bob

The factory where goalposts are made for 24 NFL teams (and thousands of colleges and high schools) is about a quarter-mile from my house. The NFL Films guys were there today, shooting footage for a piece that's going to air on FOX Sports 1 and NFL Network in December. I talked to them for a story in my newspaper.

I was surprised to learn that they actually shot everything on 16mm film until this season. They were the world's largest user of cinema-quality film.

It was cool watching them work. They'll spend two days here for a 10-minute segment in a half-hour show.

The show is called "NFL Films Presents" and the company is Sportsfield Specialties Inc.

The factory where goalposts are made for 24 NFL teams (and thousands of colleges and high schools) is about a quarter-mile from my house. The NFL Films guys were there today, shooting footage for a piece that's going to air on FOX Sports 1 and NFL Network in December. I talked to them for a story in my newspaper.

I was surprised to learn that they actually shot everything on 16mm film until this season. They were the world's largest user of cinema-quality film.

It was cool watching them work. They'll spend two days here for a 10-minute segment in a half-hour show.

The show is called "NFL Films Presents" and the company is Sportsfield Specialties Inc.

You, the editor, actually go out and cover stories? You're the man

You, the editor, actually go out and cover stories? You're the man

I like to keep my hand in the game. We're a small paper with a small staff. I do the stuff that interests me and make other people do the rest. :D

Here is one for you Faba. I just needed to access our online archives doing research for a story I'm working on, our website tried to charge me. No one is exempt

Blame it on the internet and Al Gore

nice to see real journalists still exist -  good work sir

Archived