Up to date DRAFT ORDER

Morrissey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they do it so they can form a "Fire (insert New Gm Name here)" Signs for next year. Idzik is losing his job because he didn't get us an elite WR in this year's draft. Saving cap space was fine, but he lost most of us because of his draft style and passing up on the 10 really good WR prospects in this past draft and instead taking slow footed Safety in the 1st and a slow footed TE in the 2nd. Leaving guys like Bryant for the Steelers/Landry for the Fish/Matthews for the Eagles etc....

I know  most of the moronic "Fire Idzik" people are upset we didn't blow our cap space on guys like DRC so we could finish 6-10 instead of 4-12. But Idzik lost "rational" Jets fans with his failure to address our WR needs early in a draft stocked with WR talent. Instead he waited until the mid rounds to waste a bunch of picks on spec guys who wouldn't be able to help us this year.

If you don't have a top notch qb (and the jets never will) you better bring it at WR. That's how we almost got to a Sb in '98, '09 and '10. I have zero faith in Harvin working out in the long run the guy is a jagoff. Cooper has Julio Jones written all over him you don't pass that up to fill out a depth chart that philosophy has been killing us

If you don't have a top notch qb (and the jets never will) you better bring it at WR. That's how we almost got to a Sb in '98, '09 and '10. I have zero faith in Harvin working out in the long run the guy is a jagoff. Cooper has Julio Jones written all over him you don't pass that up to fill out a depth chart that philosophy has been killing us

Agreed. Plus when you finally do land a QB it  makes life easier when he has top notch targets to throw to as opposed to Stephen Hill and Cumberland

Agreed. Plus when you finally do land a QB it  makes life easier when he has top notch targets to throw to as opposed to Stephen Hill and Cumberland

If jet fans thought Dumbtonio was bad wait till they get a big dose of Harvin the next few seasons. Plus that guy his entire game is based on quickness if he loses a step his career is over

If jet fans thought Dumbtonio was bad wait till they get a big dose of Harvin the next few seasons. Plus that guy his entire game is based on quickness if he loses a step his career is over

Harvin is a great playmaker, but is just an average WR. Harvin is a luxury on a team that has way too many holes to fill to be able to a high priced player like Harvin

If we pass on Cooper because we already have Harvin it will haunt our franchise for a long time. 

Harvin is a great playmaker, but is just an average WR. Harvin is a luxury on a team that has way too many holes to fill to be able to a high priced player like Harvin

If we pass on Cooper because we already have Harvin it will haunt our franchise for a long time.

Another need based blunder in the draft.

Harvin is 10x the player? Did you watch santonio Holmes from 2007-2010 the guy was a stud during those years. Harvin has similar personality disorder, is always hurt, has an insane contract I think he's the third highest paid wr in the nfl and says he won't give the jets a discount on a restructure.

I want nothing to do with Harvin after this season unless he changes his mind and takes a massive pay cut which he won't.

Oh and not drafting mariota or Winston does not equal geno starting next year.

I've seen Harvin fighting for yards giving it his all on plays, even blocking when he didn't have the ball - on the flipside when Holmes wasn't getting the ball he would pout and go half throttle. 

Right, Julio jones and Beckham would suck without Elli and Ryan.......

Deandre Hopkins is on pace for 80 catches and 1300  yards with which HOF QB???? Maclin is on pace for 90 catches and 1300 yards with which great QBS? Mike Evans, as a rookie, is on pace for 70 catches and 1100 yards and 11 Tds with the great mccown/glennon pair at QB. 

Great WRs like Julio and Beckham would be great with just about every QB.  We aren't talking about guys that are a product of the system (like a Decker with Peyton). 

I've seen Harvin fighting for yards giving it his all on plays, even blocking when he didn't have the ball - on the flipside when Holmes wasn't getting the ball he would pout and go half throttle. 

Gimme a break Harvin has 8 games to play for a contract.  Once he gets his next payday he's going to revert to the insufferable b*tch that couldn't get along with Russell Wilson of all people.  You guys are nuts if you want Harvin for the long-haul.

Right, Julio jones and Beckham would suck without Elli and Ryan.......

lol

I love how Jets fans can actually convince themselves they don't need to build at the 2nd most important position in the game today after qb - and this is when the best WR prospect in the draft class is being served to them on a silver platter.

Archived