Thoughts on the 6th overall pick...

k-met57

If the Jets had been picking three this same thread exists "Oh Noes, we miss out on both QBs!" 

like we'd be so happy with Leonard Williams. 

3 isn't much better than 6.  its the difference between 1 and 3 that's worth crying about 

it's entirely possible Cooper is there at 6. He probably isn't going to be a blazing fast prospect 

also,  we don't know who the JPP or ODBJ or other acronym will be this year.  There could even be a QB with an amazing Senior Bowl week etc. 

It's way too early for this sort of moaning.

I am a biased Bama fan..but I take Cooper over Sammy Watkins everyday of the week. He works 100x>harder than Sammy, runs better routes and strives to be the best ever. Sammy is content on cashing paycheck. I know many Jills fans who are worried about him. Takes too many plays off

If the Jets had been picking three this same thread exists "Oh Noes, we miss out on both QBs!" 

like we'd be so happy with Leonard Williams. 

3 isn't much better than 6.  its the difference between 1 and 3 that's worth crying about 

it's entirely possible Cooper is there at 6. He probably isn't going to be a blazing fast prospect 

also,  we don't know who the JPP or ODBJ or other acronym will be this year.  There could even be a QB with an amazing Senior Bowl week etc. 

It's way too early for this sort of moaning.

Unfortunately I think Cooper is the difference between 3 and 6.

Can't see jags going receiver at all

Jags aren't going receiver. They have Hurns, Robinson and Lee. If there was ever a position on that squad that doesnt need help it would be that position. Though the Jags gave up an average of 25 points per game, I dont think they're going defense. I think that they understand that they drafted very well last year on offense and hit big on Hurns as an undrafted free agent. I think the Jags would be smart if they go offensive line as well to support Bortles, possibly drafting a Tackle like a Brandon Scherff and kick him into the Right Guard position. That will give them some insurance on Luke Joeckel who isn't playing up to expectations out there in Jacksonville. If Joeckel can turn it around then you have Scherff on the other side of the line mauling and creating holes for the run game at guard. If their RT doesnt step up then you could place Scherff there as well. The Jags need to sure up their offensive line before they do anything else if they are serious about Blake Bortles. 

Jags aren't going receiver. They have Hurns, Robinson and Lee. If there was ever a position on that squad that doesnt need help it would be that position. Though the Jags gave up an average of 25 points per game, I dont think they're going defense. I think that they understand that they drafted very well last year on offense and hit big on Hurns as an undrafted free agent. I think the Jags would be smart if they go offensive line as well to support Bortles, possibly drafting a Tackle like a Brandon Scherff and kick him into the Right Guard position. That will give them some insurance on Luke Joeckel who isn't playing up to expectations out there in Jacksonville. If Joeckel can turn it around then you have Scherff on the other side of the line mauling and creating holes for the run game at guard. If their RT doesnt step up then you could place Scherff there as well. The Jags need to sure up their offensive line before they do anything else if they are serious about Blake Bortles.

Nobody think Marquise Lee is as good as jets fans think he is. Cooper is absolutely the pick the jags should make he is head and shoulders above any receiver currently on their roster.

And if the jags don't take cooper Oakland will

They also have Blackmon coming back from suspension. 

Top 8 players in draft as we speak. The combine can change this. Also we need to find out who is declaring.

1. Marcus Marriota

2. Leonard Williams

3. Shane Ray

4. Jalen Strong

5. Connor Cook

6. Randy Gregory

7. Todd Gurley

8. Nate Orchard

Winston like I did last year with Clowney can't be on my list because of conduct and his prone to get in trouble.

If Dorial Green Beckham comes out he is on this list but he is probably going to play for Oklahoma.

You take Winston off your list because of conduct and you want to add Green Beckham to your list?

Nobody think Marquise Lee is as good as jets fans think he is. Cooper is absolutely the pick the jags should make he is head and shoulders above any receiver currently on their roster.

And if the jags don't take cooper Oakland will

Obviously the Jags think Lee was worth a look in the 2nd round, Nonetheless, they still have Allen Robinson coming back next season and Allen Hurns is a riser for sure. Cooper may or may not be better than any receiver they have on their roster. There's a good chance that Cooper will be good, no doubt, but this isn't about who's better, its about need and the Jags dont need him given that 2 of the 3 WR's they picked up are showing real promise and the other is right behind them. How good will Cooper be, or any of those WR's mentioned if Bortles doesnt have a pocket to throw in? Luke Joeckel is looking like he could be a bust for the Jags. How well will Cooper or any of the WR's be if there's no left tackle to protect Bortles. What about the rest of the Oline? They're in the basement of the NFL when it comes to pass and run protection. The way you win is to spread the talent around. Having 3 or 4 highly skilled WR's will mean nothing if their Oline gives up 75 sacks again. Quite frankly, it doesnt matter if Cooper even was better, the fact is their talent is good enough but they can only get better if the team gets better at the line. Let Oakland take Cooper, its not like Derek Lee has the weapons that the Jags have anyway. If I was Derek Carr I'd take the Jags young receivers over Oaklands squad in a heartbeat. 

Needs over wants my friend. 

Archived