Lupica: Rich Kotite comes to mind when thinking of Doug Marrone

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know who reported that? The media.

I get it...but if there's any truth to it whatsoever (it's a Buffalo media reporting it)  the Jets would be insane to hire him...

He'll be gone after a year.  He's already being attacked - wait until they go on their first 3 game losing streak..

Don't forget the irrational and impatient fan base.

plus, the reports about his thin skin and one of the reasons he left the Bills was because he and family thought the media and fan base was unfair to him..

So Mehta blatantly making up a story to troll our fan base and fit his own agenda is now fact...great.

I get it...but if there's any truth to it whatsoever (it's a Buffalo media reporting it) the Jets would be insane to hire him...

He'll be gone after a year. He's already being attacked - wait until they go on their first 3 game losing streak..

He's being attacked by one person.

So Mehta blatantly making up a story to troll our fan base and fit his own agenda is now fact...great.

It wasn't originally a Mehta report - it was Buffalo media...

Plus I agree completely that it could be completely BS - but if it's even slightly true I see Al Groh all over again.

It wasn't originally a Mehta report - it was Buffalo media...

Plus I agree completely that it could be completely BS - but if it's even slightly true I see Al Groh all over again.

It was originally a Mehta report he called buffalo media looking for dirt...agenda.

Two already.- (Mehta and Lupica) - two of loudest voices in this city - And he hasn't even been interviewed yet.

Listen , I'm 50-50 on marrone also but nothing jets related that comes out of the daily news should be taken into consideration ever.

I get it...but if there's any truth to it whatsoever (it's a Buffalo media reporting it) the Jets would be insane to hire him...

He'll be gone after a year. He's already being attacked - wait until they go on their first 3 game losing streak..

They like to call Coughlin thin-skinned, too. You get that designation by telling a jackass reporter that his repeated stupid questions are stupid. Reporters, generally, are failed novelists who were too afraid to commit to a life in the arts, so they went to J school instead, only to find out that journalism is dead and has been replaced by TMZ, so they effectively traded in their dreams of being Ernest Hemingway in order to become Perez Hilton, which only compounds this existential angst. This angst materializes as self-loathing, which leads these "journalists" to take jobs covering the same meathead jocks that made them feel weak and entirely without value in high school. This existential friction results in the state of the industry being what it is: a bunch of embittered non-novelists trying to rally the middle class (which, in and of itself, is populated by people whose dreams are likewise dead) against those men who have achieved their dreams, which nobody really likes to see. So, when you hear that a coach is "thin-skinned," what you're really hearing is "this coach wouldn't validate my plight. Please fill my comments section with attention, fellow failures."

They like to call Coughlin thin-skinned, too. You get that designation by telling a jackass reporter that his repeated stupid questions are stupid. Reporters, generally, are failed novelists who were too afraid to commit to a life in the arts, so they went to J school instead, only to find out that journalism is dead and has been replaced by TMZ, so they effectively traded in their dreams of being Ernest Hemingway in order to become Perez Hilton, which only compounds this existential angst. This angst materializes as self-loathing, which leads these "journalists" to take jobs covering the same meathead jocks that made them feel weak and entirely without value in high school. This existential friction results in the state of the industry being what it is: a bunch of embittered non-novelists trying to rally the middle class (which, in and of itself, is populated by people whose dreams are likewise dead) against those men who have achieved their dreams, which nobody really likes to see. So, when you hear that a coach is "thin-skinned," what you're really hearing is "this coach wouldn't validate my plight. Please fill my comments section with attention, fellow failures."

like whoa dude

Two already.- (Mehta and Lupica) - two of loudest voices in this city - And he hasn't even been interviewed yet.

Manesh Mehta is now one of the most powerful voices in NY sports?...I'm pretty sure I just saw frogs falling from the sky.

Wait until you see how famous Manish and Lupy get when they show up as the costars of the Hobbit 2 movie coming soon to a theater near you.

Again, personal attacks against voice of disagreement.  What else is new with this poster? I can only imagine this guy's daily life.

No, you think you have a point but you actually made mine for me. 

You're using coaches who did worse than Marrone at Syracuse to portray him as some kind of hero.

But 25-25 is what it is. Mediocrity is nothing to rave about but you're sugarcoating .500.

Next, Marrone's Bills beat the 1-6 Jets and the 2-8 Jets. They reached 9-7 with our help and you're sugarcoating one win over .500 as a major achievement.

Critics are right when they say it's absurd that Marrone is suddenly the next Vince Lombardi.

BTW, Bills were 9-7 in 2004, not 14 years ago

Right.  That's why my post says ONE WINNING SEASON IN 14 YEARS.  because they won 9 games in 2004.

.500 is not mediocre if its a drastic improvement over the prior 4 years' record.  Just like 9-7 is not mediocre if its a drastic improvement over the prior decades' lack of success.  If every team Marrone has coached has shown improvement and increased its winning percentage, then he's a good coach.  Unless you want to base your entire argument on 25-25.  Which is simplistic and has no context as an argument in and of itself. 

Again, personal attacks against voice of disagreement. What else is new with this poster? I can only imagine this guy's daily life.

Wait....who did I sttack???

Oh...I see

Manish Mehta and Mike Lupica

WTF does that have to do with you that requires your defense??

Right.  That's why my post says ONE WINNING SEASON IN 14 YEARS.  because they won 9 games in 2004.

.500 is not mediocre if its a drastic improvement over the prior 4 years' record.  Just like 9-7 is not mediocre if its a drastic improvement over the prior decades' lack of success.  If every team Marrone has coached has shown improvement and increased its winning percentage, then he's a good coach.  Unless you want to base your entire argument on 25-25.  Which is simplistic and has no context as an argument in and of itself. 

Oh, I thought you were using 2014 as the "one" winning season.

The rest I disagree with except "9-7 is not mediocre" as I never said it was. 

Oh, I thought your were using 2014 as the "one" winning season.

The rest I disagree with except "9-7 is not mediocre" as I never said it was. 

fair enough.  Neither of us know if the guy is even getting hired yet.  And even if he's a good coach, surviving the Jets is like rushing the beach on D-Day so only time will tell. 

Archived