Denzel Perryman Bandwagon

DaBallhawk

David Harris is probably a goner at this point considering how many teams will look to get him signed. Outside of the Jets you have the Falcons, Bears, Cardinals, Bills and now the Dolphins going after him. And probably a bunch of other teams that we haven't identified yet. Which means there will be a bidding war, which means he will be overpaid, which means I don't want him back. But what are our options? We don't have a guy on our roster that can take his spot. DD is just an athlete, he's the muscle, we need some brains in there in the middle.

My pick would be Denzel Perryman in Round 2. He could be the guy for the next 5-10 years. Undersized ILB with great instincts that lacks top end speed (like anybody cares). A Jon Beason clone, I think he can be a similar player (minus the injuries). Another guy who we could get late in the draft but who might turn out to be a gem is Paul Dawson from TCU. Again, lacks size/speed but gets the job done and is always around the ball, like a Chris Borland (SF) type. But I'd go with Perryman for sure.

Or you bring in a veteran LB. But they all pretty much suck. David Harris is really the only top ILB available, the rest is either one dimensional or just pure depth.

- Brandon Spikes

- Mason Foster

- Akeem Dent

- Rolando McClain

- Jerrell Freeman

- Michael Wilhoite

The best out of that bunch I think is McClain, but he's pretty much the defensive version of Holmes so I'll pass. Spikes is a moron, too, but he's a decent run stopper. I think the Bills will either get him or Harris. Dent is more of a backup type guy, but he has some upside. Reminds me a little of Bart Scott before he blew up. Freeman was productive for the Colts with about 100 tackles, but he was awful from what I've seen. Wilhoite could be a dark horse / wild card signing that could pay off if he takes the next step, he was solid for the 49ers. That's about it. There are other guys like DJ Williams but I wouldn't be interested in those. Bellore is just depth.

Will Perryman be available when we pic In the 2nd.

Definitely. I mean anything can happen but at this point he's nowhere close to being considered a possible 1st round pick.

As for Paul Dawson, there's no way he goes earlier than round 4. His 40 yard dash was pathetic (5 seconds flat) and he's only 6'0. I mean personally I don't care, I think he's got 2nd/3rd round value, but why pick him that early if everyone else gives him a 4th or 5th round grade.

Archived