Which Round Will the Jets Draft a QB?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. The Jets will draft a QB in:

• Round 1
    • Rounds 2-3
    • Rounds 4-5
    • Rounds 6-7
    • The Jets will not draft a QB

I agree...but if the Jets hierarchy have decided that Geno Smith is NOT their future QB, I think they'd almost have to get aggressive and try to trade up to get Mariotta as opposed to leaving it up to fate and hoping he's still available at #6.  There are too many teams, that need a QB that might be willing to make a move.  If the Jets think Mariotta can be a franchise QB,  they will likely do whatever it takes to get him. 

I hear you but he better become Andrew Luck.  Ask the Redskins how trading up for their "Franchise QB" worked out.  They gave up 3 #1 picks and #2 for RGIII and could have waited and took Russell Wilson in round 3.  I know hindsight is 20-20 but I would rather go that route and live to fight another year then putting all my eggs in the Mariota basket especially since he probably won't be ready but they may feel the need to "rush" him to justify the trade up.  Now if you could combine Mariotas smarts, work ethic and character and Winstons qb skills I would have no problem with trading up. 

Sean Mannion, selected in the 4th/5th round.

2015 Depth Chart:

1. Fitz

2. LolGeno

3. Mannion

2016 Depth Chart"

1. Fitz or Mannion

2. Mannion or Fitz

3. Draft Pick

2017 and Beyond Depth:

1. Mannion

2. Veteran JAG

3. Draft Picks/developmental

Please Note:  I am almost always wrong on predicting future QB acquisitions for the NY Jets.  The only thing I predict with accuracy is how sh*te the guys we acquire will be.

They're not taking a QB.

Its Fitz or Geno and they'll throw another chump at it and call it a day. 

they are on record this week as saying they want another QB.  waiting for UDFA's doesn't seen like a solid plan, so I think they will draft one

Sean Mannion, selected in the 4th/5th round.

2015 Depth Chart:

1. Fitz

2. LolGeno

3. Mannion

2016 Depth Chart"

1. Fitz or Mannion

2. Mannion or Fitz

3. Draft Pick

2017 and Beyond Depth:

1. Mannion

2. Veteran JAG

3. Draft Picks/developmental

Please Note:  I am almost always wrong on predicting future QB acquisitions for the NY Jets.  The only thing I predict with accuracy is how sh*te the guys we acquire will be.

If you think Manion will be anything other than hot garbage in the nfl you got another thing coming.  He's a stiff and his one good season at Oregon St. he was chucking it to Cooks.

If you think Manion will be anything other than hot garbage in the nfl you got another thing coming.  He's a stiff and his one good season at Oregon St. he was chucking it to Cooks.

Won't be the first time I'd be wrong on a QB.

Funny thung, I'd say the same thing to those who want Mariota.

Only Mariota costs half a draft worth of picks and a 4 year minimum investment of time.

Mannion cost....a 4th.  Maybe a 5th.

Risk/Reward, I don't think Mariota will be much of a great Pro.  Neihter, most likely, will Mannion.

But I'd toss a "why not" mid-rounder at one of them to see.

I wouldn't trade most of my draft and weld myself to the guy for four+ years to see.

Archived