I'm confused. As Jets fan I would be devastated if reversed (Turd Tarnish Thread)

SouthernJet

If I found out in Jets Super Bowl win vs Colts they were able to doctor the Colts balls allowing for a bad day from Earl Morrall etc, I would be crushed. That shining moment would have a turd tarnish on it that I am sure I would put a brave face on but down deep realize we achieved ill-gotten gains.

I have to assume Pats fans are just putting brave faces on but realize any major victory where Brady was QB wil lforever have that Turd Tarnish on it and it must be soul crunching to them

If I found out in Jets Super Bowl win vs Colts they were able to doctor the Colts balls allowing for a bad day from Earl Morrall etc, I would be crushed. That shining moment would have a turd tarnish on it that I am sure I would put a brave face on but down deep realize we achieved ill-gotten gains.

I have to assume Pats fans are just putting brave faces on but realize any major victory where Brady was QB wil lforever have that Turd Tarnish on it and it must be soul crunching to them

SJ, can you please provide a more recent example of how you would feel?

That's like saying people should not fly in small planes because of what happened to Buddy Holly.

Thanks in advance,

Your friend TX

That's like saying people should not fly in small planes because of what happened to Buddy Holly.

Thanks in advance,

Your friend TX

Here's one.

If I found out that, in addition to the Jets' own ineptitude, they had to deal with a team that continuously and defiantly broke rules for a 15+ year period, and was penalized lightly each of the 2 times they were caught (while other mechanisms for gaining a competitive advantage were assuredly swept under the rug or ignored, such as tampering with radio signals at home games), exacerbating the difficulties my team had in winning the division at least once in a while, I'd be pretty pissed.

Thing is, the above isn't a hypothetical.

Thanks in advance,

Your friend TX

If it werent for inflated balls my guess is Pats would be in same boat.

But it doesnt matter, I know you agree.

If you are a true Football fan like I think you are, you know its tarnished beyond repair unless they win post cheating scandal now.

Not every Pats fan is delusional. Only the vast, VAST majority. I work with one that knows they are guilty and is really bothered by this. She is somewhat ashamed.

How can you not be as my OP says. I agree Roadfan

I am close to a lot of huge Pats fans ... they are backed into corner and lashing out ... much like Bruschi was.

that is last stage of either continuing delusion or slowly calming down and realizing your team did NOT deserve any ring they got. ANY.

Pats basically turned football into a wrestling-type of WWF

It seems Pats fans have been so conditioned to thinking that the Pats are the smartest team in the NFL because they best use the rules to their advantage, that it is difficult for them to accept that they are not a better coached team, but a dishonest, shady organization that would exploit any advantage they can find, fair or not, legal or not to win football games. Only the result matters, and if outright cheating is required to get them there so be it. I would not revel in victories won fairly. Reality is that NE did not just cheat in the Championship game, they used cheating in many forms to even get there in the first place. No team in football has a higher deviation from road performance to home performance and the reason is institutionalized cheating at every level of the organization from the sleazy corrupt owner, to the cheating coach and players. I know I do not want to win that way.

It seems Pats fans have been so conditioned to thinking that the Pats are the smartest team in the NFL because they best use the rules to their advantage, that it is difficult for them to accept that they are not a better coached team, but a dishonest, shady organization that would exploit any advantage they can find, fair or not, legal or not to win football games. Only the result matters, and if outright cheating is required to get them there so be it. I would not revel in victories won fairly. Reality is that NE did not just cheat in the Championship game, they used cheating in many forms to even get there in the first place. No team in football has a higher deviation from road performance to home performance and the reason is institutionalized cheating at every level of the organization from the sleazy corrupt owner, to the cheating coach and players. I know I do not want to win that way.

they have on multiple occasions been accused of cutting audio off in coaches booths in foxboro of opponents, eaves dropping on the audio of opponents etc at home

they are like 6th graders thinking its a funny game of 'lets not get caught egging the Principals house on Goosey Night'

Thanks in advance,

Your friend TX

Joe Willy is a paragon of competitive manliness. He does not care what the point spread is. He does not care that the AFL is an "inferior league" that plays "circus football." He cares nothing for crying and whining. He tells the world Jets will win not because he is videotaping the Colts or letting air out of balls or hiding brass knuckle in his linemens gloves. He knows this because of his manly hairy chest and his manly confidence. While whimpy Brady laughs nervously when told Plaxico predicts he can only put up 17 points in the Superbowl.

Archived