Jets had William Gholston off of draft board in 2013

Matt39

If that's true it is ridiculous, first off there is no reason to take any player off your draft board if they are a draftable prospect

Remember when they were thinking about taking Cameron Heyward... from Ohio State... so soon after Gholston... 

but they have no problem taking Mo Wilkerson, from Temple, where Joe Klecko was from. 

for similar reasons, the Jets couldn't draft Bud Dupree from Kentucky, where DRob was from. 

people think there's no reason to take any player off the board blah blah blah

but make no mistake this is entertainment and you can't sell hope drafting another USC QB for example. 

Pretty soon we'll have crossed WVU QB's off the list too. 

Remember when they were thinking about taking Cameron Heyward... from Ohio State... so soon after Gholston... 

but they have no problem taking Mo Wilkerson, from Temple, where Joe Klecko was from. 

for similar reasons, the Jets couldn't draft Bud Dupree from Kentucky, where DRob was from. 

people think there's no reason to take any player off the board blah blah blah

but make no mistake this is entertainment and you can't sell hope drafting another USC QB for example. 

Pretty soon we'll have crossed WVU QB's off the list too. 

Bad as he's been, even Geno had a perfect game once, and a near-perfect game another time. Sanchez was awful, but did have some isolated success and the team got far despite his presence.  And as you used to love to point out Robertson once won a defensive player of the week or month or something. 

I think Gholston is in a class all his own. He never got so much as a half a coverage sack. 

Bad as he's been, even Geno had a perfect game once, and a near-perfect game another time. Sanchez was awful, but did have some isolated success and the team got far despite his presence.  And as you used to love to point out Robertson once won a defensive player of the week or month or something. 

I think Gholston is in a class all his own. He never got so much as a half a coverage sack.

I actually used to like watching Sanchez play games where we were down by less than a touchdown and the clock was running out, that seemed to be one of the few times he actually played well.

I actually used to like watching Sanchez play games where we were down by less than a touchdown and the clock was running out, that seemed to be one of the few times he actually played well.

I honestly believe it is because Sanchez wasn't running Schotty's over complicated offense at those times!!

Schotty the man of 60 plus passes against the Giants defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed if you ran the ball!!!

It's beyond awkward. It's 50 guys sitting in what amounts to dugout seats getting dry humped by skanks wearing dental floss for panties. The chicks were nice but I don't want to sit next to Jim Bob while some shawty uses my lap as a hobby horse.. not to mention getting toyed with through your Wranglers isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be. If your not careful you could experience chaffing and/or some other form of discomfort.

Discomfort = too close to lady parts

This pretty much sums up the Jets mgmt for the last 15 years pretty well.  I absolutely 100% believe this story is true.  Stupid Texans passed on Carr just because of history.  So silly imo.  They say QBs need to have amnesia, everyone should have amnesia and never make decisions based off of someones name....

Rumor is Pats had William Gay off their board because they didn't want "two of those" on the team.

Lol - awesome.

I seriously think HOU passed on Derek Carr last year because of his brother and how the fans would react - they needed him and he was sitting there for them at the top of round 2. Raiders scooped him up right after.

Sperm Edwards, what happened to Gholston you think? What made him such a bad player after being so hyped up in college?

Sperm Edwards, what happened to Gholston you think? What made him such a bad player after being so hyped up in college?

He just wasn't an NFL-caliber player. If his heart and head was in it, he probably could have at least made it as a marginal player (since there are plenty who bounce around the league for years without elite athletic skills). But sometimes guys can be good players in college and in the end they were just in good situations that masked a good amount of their shortcomings.

No different than players who weren't hyped up at all in college, and then go on to have great NFL careers.

Something about not being able to drink in a strip-club that just doesnt do it for me. You're drinking soda water getting a lap dance out in front of everyone since there are no private rooms. It's just an awkward set up but my god, how do they find so many hot women willing to take their clothes off for a dollar bill?

Nice weather + big Latina population

Which is why the three states with highest per capita hot chicks are California, Arizona and Florida.

Nice weather + big Latina population

Which is why the three states with highest per capita hot chicks are California, Arizona and Florida.

Tampa doesnt have the Latina population like Miami and Orlando (2nd largest Puerto Rican population in the country outside of NYC)..but yes, that is a factor, even though I dont recall to many Latino strippers in Mons.  I personally am not a big fan of the Tampa area.  Its my least favorite city in this beautiful state. 

Orlando is a great city, really underrated. Tampa blows for the most part, but some parts of town (downtown, Hyde Park ,etc.) are really nice. Personally, I prefer St. Pete to Tampa. Miami is fun, granted you stay out of the ghetto parts and don't get into a vendetta with the Latin Kings. Still a little too superficial for my tastes. If you want to get play in Miami, you better be an athlete or be driving a Lambo.

Archived