Geno Smith: Better Than Namath?

SoFlaJets

I may or may not be Faba but the scary thing is JetNut is actually serious in the other thread

"Sigh" He is not comparing Joe Namath in the other thread; he simply stated Namath threw 6 ints twice as a response to some harping on Geno throwing 3 picks in the first quarter of the Buffalo game and you and others just ran with it.  To even make a thread like this is silly but it is funny to read some of the comments.  

Yankees fans boo Geno Smith, but he doesn’t say if he’s driving a Porsche

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 8, 2015, 6:23 AM EDT

Geno Smith didn’t have much to say Sunday.

But the fans at Yankee Stadium did.

According to Mitch Abramson of the New York Daily News, Smith replied with a terse “no comment” when asked about teammate Willie Colon’s remarks last week that Smith wasn’t ready for the starting job when it was handed to him.

Asked if he felt additional pressure because of the remarks, Smith simply shook his head.

“We bought the Porsche; we’ve given him the keys; he can’t crash it,” Colon said last week. “Bottom line, he can’t crash it. We need him to be on top of his game. We’re doing everything we can as an offensive line to make him comfortable back there.”

Of course, the Jets fans in attendance must not have confidence in Smith’s ability to drive the Jets, as he was booed when he was shown on the scoreboard during the game.

Why are Jets fans booing Geno at Yankee games???

This will help the Jets how again? :sign0182:

"Sigh" He is not comparing Joe Namath in the other thread; he simply stated Namath threw 6 ints twice as a response to some harping on Geno throwing 3 picks in the first quarter of the Buffalo game and you and others just ran with it.  To even make a thread like this is silly but it is funny to read some of the comments.  

"sigh" the inanity is exasperating isn't it?

Namath's rookie season

1965:  164 Comp  340 Att  48.2 Comp%  2200 Yds  6.5 Avg  18 TDs  15 Ints

Joe's Sophmore Jinx year

1966:  232 Comp  471 Att  49.3 Comp % 3379 Yds  7.2 Avg  19 TDs  27 Ints

G. Smith's rookie season

2013: 247 Comp  443 Att  55.8 Comp%   3046 Yds   6.9Avg  12 TDs  21 Ints

Geno's 2nd year

2014: 219 Comp  367 Att  59.7 Comp%   2525 Yds   6.9 Avg 13 TDs  13 Ints

Also, as it was pointed out to me earlier in another thread Joe Namath has thrown 6 Interceptions in a game numerous time, Geno NEVER did that!

Is it any wonder why Head Coach Chan Gailey named Geno Smith the starter?

What???? 

tumblr_inline_mghoyriw1r1qa5tx9.gif

:winking0001:

Namath's rookie season

1965:  164 Comp  340 Att  48.2 Comp%  2200 Yds  6.5 Avg  18 TDs  15 Ints

Joe's Sophmore Jinx year

1966:  232 Comp  471 Att  49.3 Comp % 3379 Yds  7.2 Avg  19 TDs  27 Ints

G. Smith's rookie season

2013: 247 Comp  443 Att  55.8 Comp%   3046 Yds   6.9Avg  12 TDs  21 Ints

Geno's 2nd year

2014: 219 Comp  367 Att  59.7 Comp%   2525 Yds   6.9 Avg 13 TDs  13 Ints

Also, as it was pointed out to me earlier in another thread Joe Namath has thrown 6 Interceptions in a game numerous time, Geno NEVER did that!

Is it any wonder why Head Coach Chan Gailey named Geno Smith the starter?

YOU HAVE NO BRAIN  :/

Same reason Sanchez got torched at a Knicks' game:  People are pissed off and tired of watching INT mac

Same reason Sanchez got torched at a Knicks' game:  People are pissed off and tired of watching INT machines.

And who did those fans think Smith was playing with Jim Brown and Jerry Rice?  We have to have REALISTIC expectations of players.  The NFL Jets aren't Madden football or FF gone wild.

Sanchez and Smith alone for Jet fan insanity?  Nonsense...  I have seen Jets fans complain and moan that Brooks Bollinger was being held back by the HC! That all he needed to do was be "unleashed"......  He was unleased alright as a 3rd stringer right out of the NFL. 

Jets fans find stuf to moan and groan about no matter what.....  And it hurts the team because Jets Owners often act out of INSANITY!!! 

Example "we are moving the team and altering our identity because te new place has clean bathrooms!!!". Remember that? I do!!!  Or how about "we are going to do what never has  been done before in NFL history, we are going with a young inexperienced player in Mark Sanchez to lead us to the SB"

Instead of sanity, Jets fans find players to dump the whole toxic rain of the past down upon when those players should NEVER have been invested in that highly to begin with.  Putting on a Jets uniform certainly doesn't make you Superman we all know that..... 

I am not going to argue it again but there is NO WAY in the world that Sanchez should have been starting in the NFL with only one year of college under his belt.  No way!!  It was ahistorical.  meaning no QB with as little experience as Sanchez had during his first two years ever started and did well in the NFL in over 50 plus years!  No One!!!!!! Yea but Tanny and Rex had a secret plan.....

Only the nitwts in charge of the Jets and crazy innane Jets fans thought that this would be just fine. 

Even Sanchez's college coach said that he was not READY for the NFL yet, HE WAS NOT READY YET!

But the Jets, Tanny, Rex, Schotty, bull horn and red light green light one two three had a plan we were told.  NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!!  Many of us argued at the time, not in retrospect, that if you had to start Sanchez year one then you SHOULDN'T have drafted him period!!!

It was stupid then and even sillier in retrospect.That is why they were fired. 

And in Smith's case again I think he was sliding in the draft for a reason.  For a reason.

Namely Smith wasnt ready to start in an NFL game.  He wasn't ready to start! And again the Jets played stupid, Sanchez got injured in the Snoopy game and again the Jets were committed to playing Geno no matter what!!!

The guys Geno was throwing to at times over the last two years weren't NFL caliber players.  Did Geno suck, yes but he shouldn't have been out there yet.  I didn't like Geno in the begining because I knew the Jets based upon their recent past were going to be stupid and they were and now Jets fans again boo a player who is not wholly responsible for the horendous state of the Jets offense over the last six years, but just because they can!!!

And who did those fans think Smith was playing with Jim Brown and Jerry Rice?  We have to have REALISTIC expectations of players.  The NFL Jets aren't Madden football or FF gone wild.

Sanchez and Smith alone for Jet fan insanity?  Nonsense...  I have seen Jets fans complain and moan that Brooks Bollinger was being held back by the HC! That all he needed to do was be "unleashed"......  He was unleased alright as a 3rd stringer right out of the NFL. 

Jets fans find stuf to moan and groan about no matter what.....  And it hurts the team because Jets Owners often act out of INSANITY!!! 

Example "we are moving the team and altering our identity because te new place has clean bathrooms!!!". Remember that? I do!!!  Or how about "we are going to do what never has  been done before in NFL history, we are going with a young inexperienced player in Mark Sanchez to lead us to the SB"

Instead of sanity, Jets fans find players to dump the whole toxic rain of the past down upon when those players should NEVER have been invested in that highly to begin with.  Putting on a Jets uniform certainly doesn't make you Superman we all know that..... 

I am not going to argue it again but there is NO WAY in the world that Sanchez should have been starting in the NFL with only one year of college under his belt.  No way!!  It was ahistorical.  meaning no QB with as little experience as Sanchez had during his first two years ever started and did well in the NFL in over 50 plus years!  No One!!!!!! Yea but Tanny and Rex had a secret plan.....

Only the nitwts in charge of the Jets and crazy innane Jets fans thought that this would be just fine. 

Even Sanchez's college coach said that he was not READY for the NFL yet, HE WAS NOT READY YET!

But the Jets, Tanny, Rex, Schotty, bull horn and red light green light one two three had a plan we were told.  NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!!  Many of us argued at the time, not in retrospect, that if you had to start Sanchez year one then you SHOULDN'T have drafted him period!!!

It was stupid then and even sillier in retrospect.That is why they were fired. 

And in Smith's case again I think he was sliding in the draft for a reason.  For a reason.

Namely Smith wasnt ready to start in an NFL game.  He wasn't ready to start! And again the Jets played stupid, Sanchez got injured in the Snoopy game and again the Jets were committed to playing Geno no matter what!!!

The guys Geno was throwing to at times over the last two years weren't NFL caliber players.  Did Geno suck, yes but he shouldn't have been out there yet.  I didn't like Geno in the begining because I knew the Jets based upon their recent past were going to be stupid and they were and now Jets fans again boo a player who is not wholly responsible for the horendous state of the Jets offense over the last six years, but just because they can!!!

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  You've just amplified the sentiment in my post.  Right or wrong, we long-time Jet fans are just completely fed up with the incompetence/poor decision making of the front office, coaching staff, and abysmal play by tons of our player over the years, especially at QB.  

We all want a championship.  And we want it yesterday.  Speaking for myself, I lost patience with being patient back in the 80s.  That's why I have no problem with current players getting booed. They want to stop the boos?  Then go out and win a fukkin' division title and Super Bowl.

Ken Stabler has thrown 7 picks in a game .. Manning and Farve have also thrown 6 picks in a game and of course so has Vinny..LOL

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  You've just amplified the sentiment in my post.  Right or wrong, we long-time Jet fans are just completely fed up with the incompetence/poor decision making of the front office, coaching staff, and abysmal play by tons of our player over the years, especially at QB.  

We all want a championship.  And we want it yesterday.  Speaking for myself, I lost patience with being patient back in the 80s.  That's why I have no problem with current players getting booed. They want to stop the boos?  Then go out and win a fukkin' division title and Super Bowl.

Well since todays' players weren't around in the 80s, 90s or even most of the 2000s, they probably could care less about fans taking out their decades long frustrations on stuff they weren't responsible for.  That is why a guy like Richardson will tweet out that he "has a life" and skip a voluntary work out to ire of many fans.  

I know it is hard but you really have to allow for a "reboot" when you get a new regime like this because that booing is not helping you get that championship any faster.     Allow this team to develop it's own identity and create it's own legacy; and stop holding current players accountable for a history they had no part in. 

Archived