The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

5. After winning their final game and finishing 8-8, the team carries Rex off the field while the fans explode in euphoric pandemonium.

We'll carry Rex off the field when we make the playoffs!!!!  And,  I predict we will make the playoffs this year.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These 2 statements are mutually exclusive.  Any team that's starting Cassel or even thinking about starting Tyrod Taylor will never start a season 4-2.  Especially when you're opening the season with this schedule:

vs. IND

vs. NE

@ Miami

vs. NYG

@ Titans

vs. Bengals

You're not outscoring Luck.  You're not winning in balmy Miami in September, where Rex has had some of his worst games.  You might steal a win over the Brady-less Pats and have a shot at maybe one other win besides that.  2-4 is the best you're looking at coming off those 6 games.

We will probably lose against the Colts and Maybe NE - we'll win the rest.  Just my prediction.  

No, you won't, because "doing the best out of what we have", is the antithesis of the Rex Ryan mantra.  In his mind and in the minds of those who still support him, when he succeeds with a loaded roster it's because he's a magician.  When he fails it's always because he doesn't have enough talent, or the offensive coordinator HE hired wasn't the right fit.  You have neither enough talent nor do you have a coach who can "get the most" out of his team, especially on offense.

Are you talking talent on both defense and offense or just offense?  

No, you won't, because "doing the best out of what we have", is the antithesis of the Rex Ryan mantra.  In his mind and in the minds of those who still support him, when he succeeds with a loaded roster it's because he's a magician.  When he fails it's always because he doesn't have enough talent, or the offensive coordinator HE hired wasn't the right fit.  You have neither enough talent nor do you have a coach who can "get the most" out of his team, especially on offense.

Yet he did better them Mangini,Edwards or Groh and that really pisses off the haters..LOL

Yet he did better them Mangini,Edwards or Groh and that really pisses off the haters..LOL

They're all failures of different degrees.  I do think Rex was the best of the 4, but in the end all were deservedly fired (with only Herm lucking into a division title) so who cares?

Are you talking talent on both defense and offense or just offense?  

Your talent on defense is fine, but it should scare you that you parted ways with the defensive coordinator that helped make you a top 5 unit.  Only place to go is down, not up.

They're all failures of different degrees.  I do think Rex was the best of the 4, but in the end all were deservedly fired (with only Herm lucking into a division title) so who cares?

The other failed with better QB's even the Tuna scoring just 10 points and his D giving up 23 in the AFCCG was a failure.. What I do agree with the Rex haters on is he wasn't a complete HC as he just delegated the O to the OC.. If he doesn't learn to handle both the Bills will be his last job as a HC..

These 2 statements are mutually exclusive.  Any team that's starting Cassel or even thinking about starting Tyrod Taylor will never start a season 4-2.  Especially when you're opening the season with this schedule:

vs. IND

vs. NE

@ Miami

vs. NYG

@ Titans

vs. Bengals

You're not outscoring Luck.  You're not winning in balmy Miami in September, where Rex has had some of his worst games.  You might steal a win over the Brady-less Pats and have a shot at maybe one other win besides that.  2-4 is the best you're looking at coming off those 6 games.

Bills were a pretty good team last year. Really don't see them going 1-3 against Miami, the jints, Tenn., and Cincy.

5. After winning their final game and finishing 8-8, the team carries Rex off the field while the fans explode in euphoric pandemonium.

Would be a lot less of a option if the Bills didn't go 9-7 last year.

Bills were a pretty good team last year. Really don't see them going 1-3 against Miami, the jints, Tenn., and Cincy.

You know if Rex does good they are already thinking of ways to diminish any success.. It was a Marrone built team etc The Bills success like the Jets will depend on the QB.. 

I will take a 65 degree day with sun for the rest of my life.  I have cousins in New Jersey. We were close in my younger years and have lost touch.  I've tried to look them up but haven't had much success.

San Diego weather. Perfect

You know if Rex does good they are already thinking of ways to diminish any success.. It was a Marrone built team etc The Bills success like the Jets will depend on the QB.. 

Rex can't use the "he doesn't have a QB" excuse when he fails.  Tyrod Taylor was a hand-picked guy. 

The media screened Marrone pretty good when he replaced Manuel with Orton.  Marrone admitted that it was he who made the decision to take Manuel out.  There was also much talk about the strained relationship between Whaley and Marrone with Manuel being one of their sources of contention.

Hard to blame Marone. Took nerve to sit a 1st round QB for a journeyman FA QB. But he was right. Orton led the team and played well. I'm glad he's retired

Your talent on defense is fine, but it should scare you that you parted ways with the defensive coordinator that helped make you a top 5 unit.  Only place to go is down, not up.

Yes, us fans were sorry to see Swartz go but his defense is 3-4 whereas we are now going with a 4-3.  I am not too concerned with Dunbar and Thurman.  Their team  (Jets) finished 6th in defense while they were in charge.

I think everyone learns from their mistakes.  People can say what they want about Rex but one thing is for certain.  He's not stupid 

Rex can't use the "he doesn't have a QB" excuse when he fails.  Tyrod Taylor was a hand-picked guy. 

Jetsfan80.  Let's be honest.  There really were no opportunities to pick up a seasoned QB this season.  The Jets and Bills are not the only teams in need of a great QB -  

I think Cassel can do just as good for us.

I cant agree, Orton played really well for you.  Cassell hasn't been able to even hold a job for years.  Hasn't played worth a thing since 2010.  

This is pretty funny.  First,  I am pasting what one of our mafia members wrote. The fun is in the response (pictures) following the post.

Member's Comment:  "Would it be considered cheating if everyone in the Ralph blew out a deep breath at the same time during opponents field goal and would it have an affect. And yes I know it sounds dumb but just curious"

Responses:

1)  10570482_10200651645971149_4504819053702

2)1383402_10206787304751810_31741319773623

History says Buffalo Bills can make playoffs despite quarterback situation

Orchard Park, N.Y. — The question at One Bills Drive is slowly shifting from one about who will play quarterback for the Buffalo Bills and whether he will be good enough to whether the team can overcome its deficiency at the position to make the playoffs.

Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor aren't going to transform into Pro Bowl quarterbacks in the next few months, but does it matter? For the purposes of winning a Super Bowl, probably. For the purposes of making the postseason, not necessarily.

A reader emailed a question over the weekend: "Have you ever seen a team make the playoffs with a quarterback situation as bad as Buffalo's? If so, who was it?"

Taking a look at every quarterback who has ever started a playoff game in the NFL, there are plenty of underwhelming players on the list. Not every team that makes the postseason does so with a quality starting quarterback. A few teams may have had even worse situations that Buffalo's.

There are a few instances in particular that should give Bills fans some hope. There also some common trends that Buffalo will need to repeat to break its 15-year playoff drought.

Of the dozens of quarterbacks who have started a postseason game since 2000, here are 10 that compare to what the Bills will roll out at quarterback.

Quincy Carter, Dallas Cowboys (2003)
Aaron Brooks, New Orleans Saints (2000)
Chris Simms, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2005)
Tommy Maddox, Pittsburgh Steelers (2002)
Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (2008)
Joe Webb, Minnesota Vikings (2012)
Ryan Lindley, Arizona Cardinals (2014)
Jay Fiedler, Miami Dolphins (2000 and 2001)
Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos (2011)
T.J. Yates, Houston Texans (2011)

In fairness, some of these quarterbacks took over late in the season after injuries to quality starting quarterbacks, but there are still a wide range of situations at play. Quincy Carter started every game for the 2003 Cowboys and threw more interceptions than touchdowns, but Dallas made the playoffs on the strength of its defense in the first year of the Bill Parcells era.

The Dolphins with Fiedler at quarterback might be the closest comparison for the 2015 Bills. Miami had one of the best defense's in the NFL, featuring defensive end Jason Taylor, linebacker Zach Thomas and a pair of Pro Bowl cornerbacks. Fiedler was the epitome of average in those two seasons, but the defense carried the team to two 11-win seasons.

Most recently, the Cardinals made the playoffs despite losing Carson Palmer six games into the season. A combination of Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley led Arizona to the playoffs. Cassel, Manuel or Taylor should be able to play at that level.

The teams that found a way to overcome poor quarterback play did so with strong defenses. The Bills could have the best defense in the NFL this season, so they check that box. It also helps that Buffalo has LeSean McCoy to lean on in the running game and a trio of weapons in the passing game with Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin and Charles Clay.

There's no sense giving up on the Bills' playoff hopes because they may not get adequate quarterback play. The Super Bowl may be a lofty goal, but the hype Rex Ryan has created in Buffalo is warranted. He coached the Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship Games with Mark Sanchez as his quarterback, so this isn't a new situation for Ryan.

The Bills may not be able to fix the biggest issue on their roster, but that doesn't make the season a total loss. If Miami can make the playoffs with Fiedler, why not Buffalo?

www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/history_says_buffalo_bills_can_make_the_playoffs_despite_their_quarterback_situa.html

Bills: Unofficial stats on called passing plays from 11-on-11s today: 22 snaps, 4-11,1 INT., 8 sacks, 1 defensive penalty, 2 offensive penalties.

You're starting to make me nervous....  LOL, not really.   EJ Manuel had a really good day although he played with our second string.

You're starting to make me nervous....  LOL, not really.   EJ Manuel had a really good day although he played with our second string.

This week alone, your coach signed Wayne Hunter and Matt Mulligan. They were both ritually booed as New York Jets. 

This week alone, your coach signed Wayne Hunter and Matt Mulligan. They were both ritually booed as New York Jets. 

Yes,  I know.  I am starting to become really concerned about some of the picks.  I really hope  Whaley is doing his job and not just signing off on players without doing due diligence.  

Yes, I know. I am starting to become really concerned about some of the picks. I really hope Whaley is doing his job and not just signing off on players without doing due diligence.

Hmm, you gave Rex all the credit for the McCoy trade, signing Harvin and anyone else you like. I asked you when Rex became the GM when you repeated it and got some convoluted reasoning.

Now the sh*tty picks are on Whaley, who is now back as your GM.

Congrats, you're a real Rex fanatic!

Hmm, you gave Rex all the credit for the McCoy trade, signing Harvin and anyone else you like. I asked you when Rex became the GM when you repeated it and got some convoluted reasoning.

Now the sh*tty picks are on Whaley, who is now back as your GM.

Congrats, you're a real Rex fanatic!

No,  I'm not putting the bad picks on Whaley.  I just hope that "all"  the choices being made also have the blessings of Whaley. 

Archived