The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are not. Rex is using the Pegula's money to hook his buddies up with paychecks.

This would make me sick if it were true.  I have the utmost respect for the Pegulas and would "hate" to see anyone take advantage of their generosity

Patriots Horrified After New Super Bowl Rings Cause Fingers To Shrivel Up, Turn Black

800.jpg

CHESTNUT HILL, MA—Moments after receiving their Super Bowl XLIX championship rings at team owner Robert Kraft’s home earlier this week, sources confirmed that New England Patriots players and coaches were horrified to find that the rings caused their fingers to instantly shrivel up and turn black. “Oh my God!” a horrified Julian Edelman screamed moments after slipping on the diamond-encrusted band, which immediately turned his ring finger into a shrunken, dried husk of charcoal flesh as spider-like tendrils of black rot rapidly spread up the wide receiver’s arm. “It’s burning me! It’s so hot! Wait, it’s—it’s not coming off! Oh, God, it’s not coming off! Help! Please help me!” At press time, as his players shrieked and clutched at their ashen, mutating arms, head coach Bill Belichick donned all four of his Super Bowl rings and could be observed cackling madly as he began levitating several feet above the ground.

http://www.theonion.com/article/patriots-horrified-after-new-super-bowl-rings-caus-50698

A way to tell that sportswriters have nothing to report during offseason

Two totally diffrent animals, by the middle of the 3rd quarter your D will be sucking wind. I have seen teams with the lead fold in the 4th playing in the heat down here.

It's not that bad in late September.  May - August is smothering heat

Why?

Schwartz is a very good DC, maybe a notch below Rex but no a lot, They created a ton of turnovers last year, that will more than likely go down , and Rex will destroy they're mediocre Offense from last year and nuke it back into the stone age Mccoy or no Mccoy which will have a negative effect on the D. 

It's not that bad in late September. May - August is smothering heat

Late September is not any different than August trust me if been down here a long time. Let's revisit after the game. I will be rooting for the Bills by the way, that how much I hate the Fins.

Late September is not any different than August trust me if been down here a long time. Let's revisit after the game. I will be rooting for the Bills by the way, that how much I hate the Fins.

As a resident,  you know better than me.  Been to Florida numerous times but only once during May.  That was enough for me.  the Fins beat the Bills last year on their own turf.  Just hope things will be different this year.  

As a resident,  you know better than me.  Been to Florida numerous times but only once during May.  That was enough for me.  the Fins beat the Bills last year on their own turf.  Just hope things will be different this year.

Me an you both, good luck.

Two totally diffrent animals, by the middle of the 3rd quarter your D will be sucking wind. I have seen teams with the lead fold in the 4th playing in the heat down here.

We watched the Jets D fold in the 4th routinely because they were gassed, not because of weather, but because the offense constantly puts them back on the field. All other arguments about Rex aside, at the end of the day, winning with defense alone is just not sustainable.

GOLD, JERRY

When the Bills acquired Matt Cassel in a trade with the Vikings this offseason, the idea was that Cassel could be a starter, at least as a stopgap until Buffalo found a long-term answer at quarterback.

But it may not work out that way.

Cassel was so bad at minicamp that Mike Rodak of ESPN writes that there’s a real chance Cassel won’t even make the regular-season roster. At the moment EJ Manuel appears to have a leg up on Cassel, and Tyrod Taylor is being given every chance to win the starting job as well. Cassel could be the odd man out.

A report last month said that Manuel is no lock to make the roster, either, which indicates that things are wide open in Buffalo’s quarterback competition. But there’s an important difference between Manuel and Cassel: Manuel’s contract is guaranteed, meaning the Bills are on the hook to pay him $2.8 million the next two years whether he’s on the team or not. Cassel’s $4.15 million base salary is not guaranteed, meaning the Bills save that money if they cut him before the season starts.

All of which means that if Cassel doesn’t separate himself as the clear top quarterback on the roster, he may not be on the roster at all. And so far, Cassel is not distinguishing himself.

We watched the Jets D fold in the 4th routinely because they were gassed, not because of weather, but because the offense constantly puts them back on the field. All other arguments about Rex aside, at the end of the day, winning with defense alone is just not sustainable.

True,but the Jets weren't the only team that this happened to.

Orchard Park, N.Y. — Rex Ryan saw what happened at Buffalo Bills minicamp Wednesday. He isn't blind to the brutal offensive performance his team put on. He then had to read about it, so he had to do something. That's why the Bills' first-team defensive line didn't get any work during team drills Thursday.

The result was a better day for the offense. The defense had two sacks today as opposed to the eight it had on Wednesday. Ryan didn't want to say he was taking it easy on the offense, though.

"No, I wouldn't say that," Ryan said. "You guys posted every stat known to man in there, and I thought, 'That's enough. Big boys ain't in there today.' It's a little easier to function when that front four ain't in there, so we did that a little bit. When you combine talent with scheme, it's going to be pretty spectacular on the other side, I believe."

As good as the Bills are on defense, it doesn't change the struggles they have had on the other side of the ball. Quarterback Matt Cassel still had a rough go Thursday, but EJ Manuel led a 65-yard drive in a two-minute drill that ended in a long touchdown pass. Even if it was against what Ryan described as a "watered down" defense, Manuel still got that confidence boost heading into training camp.

"We're not scheming offensively for our defense," Ryan explained. "There's some things that we run that nobody else runs. You throw that in there and a guy throws into coverage and all of a sudden you're criticizing, and that's why they're holding the ball so long. You know, we don't have to play ourselves. We have to compete against each other and there's times that you understand the drill, and that's kind of what we did today."

Of course, the Bills will eventually have to scheme against other NFL teams' defenses, and those teams won't be holding back. The confidence boost is fine in June, but the offense has some work to do when the team reports for training camp in late July.

Well so far we have almost 3 buses (50 people per bus) going to the Jets vs Bills game in MetLife Stadium 

We have a waiting list for a third bus which is filling up.....if we can get 10-15 more people we can make it happen. Let me know!!!

11429641_10206770932574967_7465204097501

Vic Carucci: Here are my five takes on the Buffalo Bills’ offseason workouts:

1. Quarterback confusion. Not knowing the identity of the Bills’ starting quarterback isn’t merely a problem because the other members of the offense (or the entire team, for that matter) have no idea who will be leading them or because of the angst it creates for fans. It also made it tougher on the efforts of the receivers, running backs, tight ends and linemen to learn a new offense and develop a sense of timing or chemistry during OTA and minicamp practices because of the multiple quarterbacks getting repetitions in the No. 1 spot. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman gave the players on his side of the ball a whole lot to digest in the past few months, and there’s reason to think they might be grasping it better if one man took the majority of snaps from center. “We’re working with three, four quarterbacks,” running back Fred Jackson said last week. “So it’s a juggling game who we’re going to be playing with, but also we’ve got to know what we’re doing when we get out there.” All the more reason for coach Rex Ryan to make his decision as soon as possible in training camp. Allowing this to drag on could very well gum up an already difficult teaching process while also creating a summer-long distraction that could bleed into the season.

2. No clear-cut choice. To the naked eye of a reporter who has been allowed – along with the rest of the media – to watch six offseason practices, there is no obvious pick for the starting quarterback job. Which is another way of saying that EJ Manuel, Matt Cassel, and Tyrod Taylor have all struggled enough to be deemed unworthy of the role … or at least to fail to separate from the pack. Matt Simms, the fourth-stringer, hasn’t gotten a sufficient amount of work to be considered a legitimate candidate at this point. But Ryan has said that he is fairly certain his choice will come from someone on the roster, and he just needs to make his selection and move on. Manuel might be a bit more decisive and better with his recognition than he has been the past two years, but he still seems capable of making the killer mistake at the least opportune time. He is the most complete talent of the bunch, so that might be the best reason to give him the job. Cassel doesn’t move well, he doesn’t always throw the prettiest ball, and has easily had the worst-looking practice performances of all of the quarterbacks. Still, he’s a smart, savvied, 11-year veteran. Taylor is true to his reputation as an exceptionally fast runner. The problem is, he looks much better running than throwing. But Ryan has touted him heavily since he was signed in the offseason, and if he believes he’s the answer, then he wouldn’t be going all that far out on a limb to pick him, given the question marks hovering over the others.

3. Intensive teaching. The coaches identified plenty that was wrong with the fundamentals of returning players. Although no one from the current staff is going to take public shots at the former staff, there is a clear sense that the new group doesn’t think all that highly of the some of the work done by the predecessors. The players in question also haven’t been publicly critical of the previous coaches, but they are making no secret about how much they have learned so far from the new assistants. For instance, Manuel has received more guidance on his mechanics than he has the last two years. He was essentially thrown into a mostly shotgun, zone-read offense as a rookie in 2013 minus essential training on how to operate it, and wasn’t helped a whole lot more last year. The receivers showed a general lack of awareness in basic route-running concepts, while the offensive linemen showed they generally needed much more in the way of education about techniques.

4. Sorting out the tight ends. Among the more interesting competitions are the ones for the backup spots behind Charles Clay at tight end. MarQueis Gray looks to be the early favorite for No. 2. He is among the more athletic players on the team, using his 6-foot-4, 242-pound frame and speed to his full advantage. Gray isn’t much of a blocker, but that isn’t what the Bills really want or need from that role. They have to have someone who can consistently catch the ball and stretch the defense. Clay will make an impact as a blocker and someone who can be effective on short and intermediate routes, especially near the goal line. We saw flashes of impressive work from Gray last season, and there is every reason to believe there is more where that came from. I watched the guy on a consistent basis in practice with the Cleveland Browns, and he was often impressive.

5. Running his way to a significant role. It is far too early to judge how much of an impact a rookie running back will make. Contact practices, which won’t happen until training camp, are necessary to fully gauge what he can or can’t do as a runner or blocker. But I’ve liked a lot of what I’ve seen of fifth-round draft pick Karlos Williams. The 6-1, 230-pounder shows a good deal of explosiveness through the hole, and runs with good lean and balance. He seems instinctive and confident in understanding the proper places to run and displays good patience in following his blocks. Figuring out the depth at running back behind LeSean McCoy is a bit tricky. No one would bet against Jackson, despite the fact he is 34, and if he does stick, he would have to be in the No. 2 spot. After that, it’s a guessing game. Anthony Dixon is the early favorite to be the third running back, but Williams could easily give him a strong push. Bryce Brown would seem to be a long-shot to make the final roster, especially with the Bills keeping at least one fullback, who will likely be Jerome Felton.

There are currently comments. Read them now!

Soooooooo, Rex and his awesome team of assistants are sh*tting on Marrone and staff's coaching from last year--the same coaching staff who crushed them 43-23 and 38-3.

Unreal , not to mention they finished 5 games ahead of him playing the same schedule . It's great watching Rex walk in like he's Parcells taking over Kotites Jets.

Unreal , not to mention they finished 5 games ahead of him playing the same schedule . It's great watching Rex walk in like he's Parcells taking over Kotites Jets.

Surely even the most die-hard Bills fans will acknowledge the irony therein. cc: @jeaniec @AFJF

Soooooooo, Rex and his awesome team of assistants are sh*tting on Marrone and staff's coaching from last year--the same coaching staff who crushed them 43-23 and 38-3.

Yeah, but when you think about the talent disparity, Res basically won both of those games.

Exaclty what it says: 

no one from the current staff is going to take public shots at the former staff,

Based on the blurb, it seemed a bunch of it had to do with how they handled Manuel and he didn't play against the Jets last year.  Seems strange that the Jets coaches could get down on another team's QB development, but maybe they are good at elementary school and just not able to get guys to continue to progress. 

Archived