The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

Exaclty what it says:

Based on the blurb, it seemed a bunch of it had to do with how they handled Manuel and he didn't play against the Jets last year. Seems strange that the Jets coaches could get down on another team's QB development, but maybe they are good at elementary school and just not able to get guys to continue to progress.

Oh.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. Intensive teaching. The coaches identified plenty that was wrong with the fundamentals of returning players. Although no one from the current staff is going to take public shots at the former staff, there is a clear sense that the new group doesn’t think all that highly of the some of the work done by the predecessors. The players in question also haven’t been publicly critical of the previous coaches, but they are making no secret about how much they have learned so far from the new assistants. For instance, Manuel has received more guidance on his mechanics than he has the last two years. He was essentially thrown into a mostly shotgun, zone-read offense as a rookie in 2013 minus essential training on how to operate it, and wasn’t helped a whole lot more last year. The receivers showed a general lack of awareness in basic route-running concepts, while the offensive linemen showed they generally needed much more in the way of education about techniques.

Every year you see articles about how some QB or other is going to be better this year because some new coach is helping them with their technique. Google "Tim Tebow" and "technique," for example, and you will find articles talking baout how some coach is going to help him cure his throwing flaws.    Can anyone remember a situation where a mediocre QB became good because his "technique" was coached up? Me neither.

And like someone else said, it takes a lot of balls for this coaching staff to knock last year's Bills staff, which annihilated them twice.  I'm all for enthusiasm, but there may be some disappointed Bills fans this year.

Can anyone remember a situation where a mediocre QB became good because his "technique" was coached up? Me neither.

Alex Smith is the only one that maybe comes to mind.  And my guess is it wasn't really all about technique.  The other difference being Harbaugh eventually cast Smith aside when a better option came along.  Based on Rex's track record, is there any confidence he'd do the same?

Unreal , not to mention they finished 5 games ahead of him playing the same schedule . It's great watching Rex walk in like he's Parcells taking over Kotites Jets.

Or Sparano taking over Camerons 1-15 Fins and and winning the East in 2008.. :animal0029:

Can you expand upon this thought?

Cassel looked pretty good early on but as time passed,  he apparently didn't do so good.  I'd love to see EJ start but at this point,  I am not going to get excited or make any predictions because anything can happen.  

Yes,  I heard that.  And,  EJ has been getting some really good feedback.  It's very confusing

Or, hopefully, Cassel just flat out sucks, has nothing left and you're stuck with EJ. All the early talk was of 3rd stringers playing well, not EJ

Or, hopefully, Cassel just flat out sucks, has nothing left and you're stuck with EJ. All the early talk was of 3rd stringers playing well, not EJ

By now,  I've just about given up wondering who our QB will be.  It's frustrating.   One day, Cassel looks good and EJ is questionable,  the next day is a different story.  Too confusing.  I am taking the position,  it is what it is.   Just hope we have a good enough offense to get us to the playoffs this year.

By now,  I've just about given up wondering who our QB will be.  It's frustrating.   One day, Cassel looks good and EJ is questionable,  the next day is a different story.  Too confusing.  I am taking the position,  it is what it is.   Just hope we have a good enough offense to get us to the playoffs this year.

I've read that Cassel hasn't looked good at all. EJ sucks. Tyrod Taylor is great (as long as he's running, not throwing to Percy or Sammy Watkins).

Defenses are going to be able to put 8-9 men in the box, man-up on the 2 WRs and bring the house vs. the run/sneak.

I've read that Cassel hasn't looked good at all. EJ sucks. Tyrod Taylor is great (as long as he's running, not throwing to Percy or Sammy Watkins).

Defenses are going to be able to put 8-9 men in the box, man-up on the 2 WRs and bring the house vs. the run/sne

It's an emotional roller coaster here in Buffalo,  Integrity.  One day Cassel does well, for a few days Taylor was looking good and the latest is that EJ had a good day although he played with second line defense.  What's your opinion on how we will finish up this year?  

I still can't believe Rex's staff is sh*t-talking Marrone's staff after the beat downs they were handed. That's Mitch Blood Green type sh*t.

Have you read something on this Tom?  I haven't seen.  Been working on a project these last several days and haven't scouted the web as much as usual.

Have you read something on this Tom?  I haven't seen.  Been working on a project these last several days and haven't scouted the web as much as usual.

3. Intensive teaching. The coaches identified plenty that was wrong with the fundamentals of returning players. Although no one from the current staff is going to take public shots at the former staff, there is a clear sense that the new group doesn’t think all that highly of the some of the work done by the predecessors. The players in question also haven’t been publicly critical of the previous coaches, but they are making no secret about how much they have learned so far from the new assistants. For instance, Manuel has received more guidance on his mechanics than he has the last two years. He was essentially thrown into a mostly shotgun, zone-read offense as a rookie in 2013 minus essential training on how to operate it, and wasn’t helped a whole lot more last year. The receivers showed a general lack of awareness in basic route-running concepts, while the offensive linemen showed they generally needed much more in the way of education about techniques.

Carucci.

Carucci.

First,  Vic Carucci is the best sportswriter in the Buffalo News.  I really have a lot of respect for his reporting as do other Bills' fans.      The news about EJ Manuel's  lack of support from the previous HC, et., al is no surprise.  As you probably know,  Marrone never wanted him to play and I think he just let him sail to prove he was right and Whaley was wrong.  I've also heard rumblings over the last several months (from players) about the previous  "regime"  but nothing that was too damaging.  It was much like this report in that they talked more about what they are getting from current management, as opposed to the lack of,  from previous management.  

First, Vic Carucci is the best sportswriter in the Buffalo News. I really have a lot of respect for his reporting as do other Bills' fans. The news about EJ Manuel's lack of support from the previous HC, et., al is no surprise. As you probably know, Marrone never wanted him to play and I think he just let him sail to prove he was right and Whaley was wrong. I've also heard rumblings over the last several months (from players) about the previous "regime" but nothing that was too damaging. It was much like this report in that they talked more about what they are getting from current management, as opposed to the lack of, from previous management.

The previous management crushed your current management on the regular.

Defenses are going to be able to put 8-9 men in the box, man-up on the 2 WRs and bring the house vs. the run/sneak.

That worked well against Sanchez in 2009 when the Jets lead the league in rushing..

The previous management crushed your current management on the regular.

I liked Marrone while he was here.  I developed a different opinion as to how he treated our players after he left.  Players began to talk.  I also didn't like the way he parted ways with the Bills.  I realize it's a business but he had a team meeting one day,  talking about the new season and the next day he booked.  I love Jim Schwartz.  Sorry to see him go.  I think Hackett would have been gone with or without new management.  Going forward,  you know I love Rex.  I also have a lot of respect for Greg Roman and don't know much about Dennis Thurman.  

Don't blame the Bills, this is what happens when you're dealing without a dominant or incumbent QB. They're going to all have up and down days. Blame the idiotic media for over reacting either way depending on the day causing the fanbase to go back and forth too. It's inky friggen June and the idiots are trying to pick a winner based on that days practice.

Don't blame the Bills, this is what happens when you're dealing without a dominant or incumbent QB. They're going to all have up and down days. Blame the idiotic media for over reacting either way depending on the day causing the fanbase to go back and forth too. It's inky friggen June and the idiots are trying to pick a winner based on that days practice

You're right Jet Nut.  It's such an exciting season for us.  Then,  it's like an emotional roller coaster when we read what some sportswriters have to say.  Although,  I have to say that Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News is more than fair with his reports.    It's the idiots like Jerry Sullivan (Sully),  Buffalo News and Mike Rodek from ESPN that gets the blood pressure up.  

Can you expand upon this thought?

EJ Manuel lights up the backup defense, and 5 other observations from Buffalo Bills' minicamp

Orchard Park, N.Y. — On the third and final day of Buffalo Bills' minicamp Thursday, the offense finally got a feel for what life would be like without the best defensive line in the NFL chasing down the quarterback on every snap.

Rex Ryan decided to give the defensive line a bit of a break to make life a bit easier on the quarterbacks. While Matt Cassel still struggled, completing six of his nine passes for minimal yardage and an interception, EJ Manuel stepped up. In 11-on-11 drills, Manuel was 10 for 11 with two impressive deep passes, including a touchdown to Marcus Easley in a two-minute drill.

"We looked a little watered down and things on defense, but it was good," Ryan conceded. "It was great to see. "

Manuel also hit wide receiver Marquise Goodwin on a deep pass and was sacked only once after Bills quarterbacks were sacked a total of eight times Wednesday.

Progress is progress, no matter who is on the other side of the ball. Manuel was confident in his reads and willing to take chances with the football.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/ej_manuel_lights_up_the_backup_defense_and_5_other_observations_from_buffalo_bil.html

It's a start 

It's an emotional roller coaster here in Buffalo,  Integrity.  One day Cassel does well, for a few days Taylor was looking good and the latest is that EJ had a good day although he played with second line defense.  What's your opinion on how we will finish up this year?

I've already told you.

You're right Jet Nut.  It's such an exciting season for us.  Then,  it's like an emotional roller coaster when we read what some sportswriters have to say.  Although,  I have to say that Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News is more than fair with his reports.    It's the idiots like Jerry Sullivan (Sully),  Buffalo News and Mike Rodek from ESPN that gets the blood pressure up.

I think Sully is the guy writing that Cassel,was so bad that they're going to dump him. Seems kind of stupid to pull the plug on your starter off of a mini camp without pads.

I think Sully is the guy writing that Cassel,was so bad that they're going to dump him. Seems kind of stupid to pull the plug on your starter off of a mini camp without pads.

The glass is "always" half empty with Sully.   I post on the Buffalo News and other posters criticize him constantly.  They say what I would like to say.  I agree that it is stupid to pull a QB without seeing what they can do with the pads/training camp.  I've said this many times,  I would love to see EJ make starting QB.  He is such a great kid.  

I just enjoy busting a Ape's chops It saves me a trip to the Zoo.. :winking0001:

I know, you're stuff is harmless. Sometimes so harmless it's hard for me to even pretend to take serious just for the back and forth lulz

Archived