The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

So you think Rex is accountable for anything his coaching staff does on or off the field?

giphy.gif

Isn't it fascinating to watch Jeanie stroll down the same treacherous path that we naive Jets fans did when the sad truth about Rex started to become apparent? Jeanie is now in the denial phase. That will last a season, maybe two if the Bills can amass an 8-8 season or better.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it fascinating to watch Jeanie stroll down the same treacherous path that we naive Jets fans did when the sad truth about Rex started to become apparent? Jeanie is now in the denial phase. That will last a season, maybe two if the Bills can amass an 8-8 season or better

I'm thinking 10-5 season or better

Isn't it fascinating to watch Jeanie stroll down the same treacherous path that we naive Jets fans did when the sad truth about Rex started to become apparent? Jeanie is now in the denial phase. That will last a season, maybe two if the Bills can amass an 8-8 season or better.

Jets fans did the same exact thing with Kotite, though.

I'm just letting you know that, outside of this thread, nobody is agreeing with you. Rex is not a failed HC either.

What's a failure to you? 4-12 isn't? 6-10 isn't? 8-8 isn't? Only 2 playoff seasons out of 6 isn't.

Given how awful the Bills have been maybe he is the best thing to happen to your team. What the hey, your team can do its usual no playoff season but people will be talking about the Bills for the first time in over a decade. Maybe a few extra fans will join the Bills Mafia.

Progress.

What's a failure to you? 4-12 isn't? 6-10 isn't? 8-8 isn't? Only 2 playoff seasons out of 6 isn't.

Given how awful the Bills have been maybe he is the best thing to happen to your team. What the hey, your team can do its usual no playoff season but people will be talking about the Bills for the first time in over a decade. Maybe a few extra fans will join the Bills Mafia.

Progress.

JetNut:  With all due respect,  I think that you and a few other Bills' bashers  may be eating your words at the end of this season.    As I have stated many, many times before,  Ryan's situation at the Jets (at least for his last 2 years) were much different than they are here at the Bills.  In addition,  there are different players.  I can understand why Jets' fans want to see him fail.  They've had several disappointing years with Rex as HC.  Nobody will convince you or other fans that the trouble in mudville had a lot to do with the lack of the Jets' success.  Let's see what Bowles can do for you.

JetNut: With all due respect, I think that you and a few other Bills' bashers may be eating your words at the end of this season. As I have stated many, many times before, Ryan's situation at the Jets (at least for his last 2 years) were much different than they are here at the Bills. In addition, there are different players. I can understand why Jets' fans want to see him fail. They've had several disappointing years with Rex as HC. Nobody will convince you or other fans that the trouble in mudville had a lot to do with the lack of the Jets' success. Let's see what Bowles can do for you.

With all due respect, you don't have a clue what the Jets situation was a year or more ago. Getting your info years after the fact from a Jet board isn't going to help you. And getting any info from a Bills homer Facebook page isn't going to add anything either. You are consistent and will love Rex. He's exactly like yourself. Anything good is because of Rex. Everything bad, from player acquisitions, asst. Coaches, losses, penalties, etc aren't on him. You've bought in already

This is from someone who was a Rwx Ryan fan, who overlooked a lot of his faults because I liked him. Until you realize that while he'll always be popular initially he's not a very good coach

With all due respect, you don't have a clue what the Jets situation was a year or more ago. Getting your info years after the fact from a Jet board isn't going to help you. And getting any info from a Bills homer Facebook page isn't going to add anything either. You are consistent and will love Rex. He's exactly like yourself. Anything good is because of Rex. Everything bad, from player acquisitions, asst. Coaches, losses, penalties, etc aren't on him. You've bought in already

This is from someone who was a Rwx Ryan fan, who overlooked a lot of his faults because I liked him. Until you realize that while he'll always be popular initially he's not a very good coach

I do have a clue about what went on there.  It doesn't matter whether I gained my information 2 years ago or last week.  The truth is that I did some research (news articles) once Rex came here.  Facts are facts,  they don't change.

It seems like some posters use any and every opportunity possible to take a slap at Rex.  This conversation started with the discussion of Aaron Kromer's arrest.   All of a sudden there's another attack on Rex.     Kromer is qualified to do his job.  I am sure that our front office vetted him. I think it is ludicrous to blame Rex for anything regarding this matter.  

You sound exactly like we Rex supporters here sounded until the light bulb went off and we realized that he was the reason why the team failed to progress.  The similarity is downright eerie. All that hope.  All that hype.  

Meanwhile, I hope somebody keeps count how often you find an excuse for Rex's faults.  Let's chalk up one excuse for in spite of the evidence that he is an absolutely terrible evaluator of character, Rex shouldn't be held accountable. There is no discipline at all in Rex's country club.  The players and coaches have few, if any, standards to live up to under Rex.   After all, he did make Santonio Holmes (probably the biggest "me-first" a-hole in the NFL) a team captain.  That alone should show you that Rex is incapable of correctly sizing up leadership skills.  

You now have one official Rex excuse in the books.  Let's see how long until your second one gets posted.  

This is going to be fun.

p.s.  when the Bills finish at 6-10, 7-9, or at best 8-8, I have no doubt that it won't be Rex's fault in your view.  

I do have a clue about what went on there.  It doesn't matter whether I gained my information 2 years ago or last week.  The truth is that I did some research (news articles) once Rex came here.  Facts are facts,  they don't change.

It seems like some posters use any and every opportunity possible to take a slap at Rex.  This conversation started with the discussion of Aaron Kromer's arrest.   All of a sudden there's another attack on Rex.     Kromer is qualified to do his job.  I am sure that our front office vetted him. I think it is ludicrous to blame Rex for anything regarding this matter.  

No, the facts you like are facts.  You ignore his record, that a fact that you don't take as fact, you look for a different person to blame.  His team plays sloppy, fact.  You dont agree.  His offenses always suck, fact,  Not to you.  He hasnt been able to develop a QB, fact. 

Its not an attack on Rex that his OL coach has been arrested for assault.  Its a fact, another one that you couldnt take at face value had to dig deep and look for a way to pass it off on someone else.  Just as hiring someone like gets Rex a pass by you.  Its not ludicrous to be held responsible for making a bad hire, no matter how hard you try to pass the buck on the front office 

No, the facts you like are facts.  You ignore his record, that a fact that you don't take as fact, you look for a different person to blame.  His team plays sloppy, fact.  You dont agree.  His offenses always suck, fact,  Not to you.  He hasn't been able to develop a QB, fact. 

Its not an attack on Rex that his OL coach has been arrested for assault.  Its a fact, another one that you couldnt take at face value had to dig deep and look for a way to pass it off on someone else.  Just as hiring someone like gets Rex a pass by you.  Its not ludicrous to be held responsible for making a bad hire, no matter how hard you try to pass the buck on the front office 

I personally don't think Rex has a bad record all things considered.  He took the Jets to the AFCC two years in a row.  That's  more than the Bills have seen in 16 years.  Please don't put all the blame on Rex for what happened the last two years with the Jets.  I've gone through the bumps he had in the road , during this period,  a number of times.   By the way,  I'm not ignoring anything you or any other poster says.  I have my own opinion and I do disagree at times.    

I personally don't think Rex has a bad record all things considered.  He took the Jets to the AFCC two years in a row.  That's  more than the Bills have seen in 16 years.  Please don't put all the blame on Rex for what happened the last two years with the Jets.  I've gone through the bumps he had in the road , during this period,  a number of times.   By the way,  I'm not ignoring anything you or any other poster says.  I have my own opinion and I do disagree at times.

2 playoff years out of 6 isn't good. And no offense after reading your rosy outlook on the Bills and Rex I know you can find a way to see only the good you want to see in both. ;)

But if you're not blaming Rex for the bad, blaming the GM, then don't give Rex credit for the two AFCCGs.

Love jeaniec's enthusiasm - don't let our jaded, obnoxious, and cynical New York wiseguy attitudes damper your enthusiasm for a moment. We are just jealous; not jealous that you have Rex, but jealous of your optimism. 

We always get some optimism.  No matter how jaded, they manage to suck you in just to crush you down.  I knew they would suck last year, but even I started believing during that first half against the Packers.  Didn't take long to crush my spirit.  I spent the rest of the year trying to figure out how they got me again.

2 playoff years out of 6 isn't good. And no offense after reading your rosy outlook on the Bills and Rex I know you can find a way to see only the good you want to see in both. ;)

But if you're not blaming Rex for the bad, blaming the GM, then don't give Rex credit for the two AFCCGs.

2 playoffs out of 6 may not be good but it's better than what we've seen in 16 years.  I am not holding Rex blameless for the last 2 years.  I am saying that  there were circumstances and others (ie GM)  that played into the problems that the Jets incurred.  

Love jeaniec's enthusiasm - don't let our jaded, obnoxious, and cynical New York wiseguy attitudes damper your enthusiasm for a moment. We are just jealous; not jealous that you have Rex, but jealous of your optimism. 

The glass is always half full in this house Roscoeword.   :winking0001:

2 playoffs out of 6 may not be good but it's better than what we've seen in 16 years. I am not holding Rex blameless for the last 2 years. I am saying that there were circumstances and others (ie GM) that played into the problems that the Jets incurred.

You would be wrong to blame others. Otherwise it's no credit for the two playoff seasons. You can't have it both ways.

And 2 out of 6 isn't better because he's now on a team in a pathetic non playoff run. Doesn't make his record better.

Word is that Matt Cassell is on the roster bubble and has looked significantly worse than Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel.  Yes, Tyrod Taylor may very well end up being your starting QB, I'm not so sure how you can be looking forward to anything but free Sunday afternoons this fall. 

Word is that Matt Cassell is on the roster bubble and has looked significantly worse than Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel. Yes, Tyrod Taylor may very well end up being your starting QB, I'm not so sure how you can be looking forward to anything but free Sunday afternoons this fall.

would you look forward to having free time in Buffalo in the winter?

You would be wrong to blame others. Otherwise it's no credit for the two playoff seasons. You can't have it both ways.

And 2 out of 6 isn't better because he's now on a team in a pathetic non playoff run. Doesn't make his record better.

No,  I am not looking to have it both ways.  Rex,  coaches, GM, etc.  should all be credited for winning 2 AFCCG's.  Likewise,  Rex should not bear the brunt for the last 2 years.

I didn't say he was better because he's with us.  I said that winning 2 AFCCG's is better than what we've seen in the past 15 Years.   

By the way,  Rex's jump (35,000 ft) was successful.  

No, I am not looking to have it both ways. Rex, coaches, GM, etc. should all be credited for winning 2 AFCCG's. Likewise, Rex should not bear the brunt for the last 2 years.

I didn't say he was better because he's with us. I said that winning 2 AFCCG's is better than what we've seen in the past 15 Years.

By the way, Rex's jump (35,000 ft) was successful.

No, you've given Rex the credit when his team made a he playoffs and passed the blamed to the FO the years they didn't.

Either way, I did get you point and again 2 for 6 sucks and isn't better because a team is 0-15. It's still a sucky 2 for 6.

Glad he made it, would rather face his team twice than Marones

Word is that Matt Cassell is on the roster bubble and has looked significantly worse than Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel.  Yes, Tyrod Taylor may very well end up being your starting QB, I'm not so sure how you can be looking forward to anything but free Sunday afternoons this

I agree.  I am hopeful (Bills fan here) that EJ makes it.

No, you've given Rex the credit when his team made a he playoffs and passed the blamed to the FO the years they didn't.

Either way, I did get you point and again 2 for 6 sucks and isn't better because a team is 0-15. It's still a sucky 2 for 6.

Glad he made it, would rather face his team twice than Marones

I can't wait for the season to begin.  I hope Rex does good here.  He looks much happier than the last several months with the Jets.  

Archived