Would Jets be interested in Austin Howard trade

Raideraholic

He predicted a decline, thats the point i addressed.  Both of you interestingly have him nowhere near the top.  Interesting because no one agrees.   You're both wrong, he's still either the best or right there on anyones list.  Especially when you add nowhere near #1.  

He's been driving this agenda for a while.  Comical.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis is better than Patrick Peterson? Again I think there are five cb's better than him. Will post those cb's later. I worry more about Antonio Cromartie and Buster Skrine who some Jet fans are overrating big time. Revis while not the Cb he once was with the Jets, is still pretty good Cb. ( a lot of teams wouldn't mind him starting for them).

He's better than Peterson. There isn't a chance you find anyone that agrees he's 6th in the league. Not one. NFLN had him 1. ESPN NFL had him 1. You have him 6, shocking. I remember when you gave detailed analysis of why you knew Aso was better than Revis and deserved more money. Dead on analysis as usual.

I remember reading all last year (over on that other place) how the Raiders O Line was going to blow everyone and anyone off the ball all day long, and having Howard play G was a perfect fit in this system.

I guess not.

James Jones caught three passes for 48 yards in that game and, not having seen it, I don't even know if he made those three catches on Revis. Carr threw 34 passes in that game for a measly 174 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int. They converted a total of five third downs. Really a career day. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201409210nwe.htm

Here it is. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/09/darrelle_revis_struggles_against_derek_carr

What rookie Qb ever targeted Revis and didn't pay for it. 6 out of 7 for 63 yards against Revis. not to mention long pass interference call he lucked out as off setting penalty. ( not the same D revis- can see no where close the player he once was for Jets) That game should have went into overtime. they called a holding penalty on guard who was burying a Safety( typical refs in Boston). Next play perfect pass to Denarius Moore and takes off eye off hit and Wilfork picks it off.

Again more and more you're going to see D Revis isn't anywhere near the Cb you remember with the Jets. No name Wr's are going to catching balls on Revis that would have no business catching on him in his prime. Sucks to get old, and even the greats are just as suspectible to that.

Here it is. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/09/darrelle_revis_struggles_against_derek_carr

What rookie Qb ever targeted Revis and didn't pay for it. 6 out of 7 for 63 yards against Revis. not to mention long pass interference call he lucked out as off setting penalty. ( not the same D revis- can see no where close the player he once was for Jets) That game should have went into overtime. they called a holding penalty on guard who was burying a Safety( typical refs in Boston). Next play perfect pass to Denarius Moore and takes off eye off hit and Wilfork picks it off.

Again more and more you're going to see D Revis isn't anywhere near the Cb you remember with the Jets. No name Wr's are going to catching balls on Revis that would have no business catching on him in his prime. Sucks to get old, and even the greats are just as suspectible to that.

Revis and the Pats played Calvin Johnson and the Lions later in the season....Johnsons stat line...49 pass plays, 1 target, 0 receptions.  You're right though, back when Revis was good, Calvin wouldn't have even been targeted.  I suppose I can live with it though.

Revis and the Pats played Calvin Johnson and the Lions later in the season....Johnsons stat line...49 pass plays, 1 target, 0 receptions. You're right though, back when Revis was good, Calvin wouldn't have even been targeted. I suppose I can live with it though.

The same Calvin Johnson that had 1 reception for six yards against the Bills. Here is the clincher had 2 receptions for 12 yards against the Jets. ( obviously Johnson was nursing an injury).

http://www.nfl.com/player/calvinjohnson/2495647/gamelogs

According to this game log c Johnson was 4receptions for- 58 yards. so the Jets and the Bills cb did a better job shutting down Calvin Johnson better thanRevis did.

The same Calvin Johnson that had 1 reception for six yards against the Bills. Here is the clincher had 2 receptions for 12 yards against the Jets. ( obviously Johnson was nursing an injury). http://www.nfl.com/player/calvinjohnson/2495647/gamelogs

According to this game log c Johnson was 4receptions for- 58 yards. so the Jets and the Bills cb did a better job shutting down Calvin Johnson better thanRevis did.

You're right, allowing 4 receptions is better than allowing 0.

No one anywhere will agree with you about Revis.

Move on, you're not helping your cause.

63 yards in garbage time! I'm surprised he got the vet min!

Garbage time? The game went right down the wire start to finish. Raiders ran the ball in late to tie the game late.( only to see a phantom holding call- Gabe Jackson buried the safety , and was called for a hold. the next play perfect pass to Denarius Moore- took eyes off it, and it bounces off his shoulder pads where Wilford intercepted it. That's garbage time. Please.

let's see how great that Jet secondary is week 8. Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree and Rod Streater . I don't care what Jet cb matchups you want to put on the Raider wr's- there are a lot of mismatches in their favor.

You're right, allowing 4 receptions is better than allowing 0.

Move on, you're not helping your cause.

What are you talking about the Jet fan claimed Revis didn't give up a reception to Calvin Johnson last year. The game log says C Johnson had 4 receptions for 58 yards. ( what gives, and what exactly is your point)

Garbage time? The game went right down the wire start to finish. Raiders ran the ball in late to tie the game late.( only to see a phantom holding call- Gabe Jackson buried the safety , and was called for a hold. the next play perfect pass to Denarius Moore- took eyes off it, and it bounces off his shoulder pads where Wilford intercepted it. That's garbage time. Please.

let's see how great that Jet secondary is week 8. Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree and Rod Streater . I don't care what Jet cb matchups you want to put there are clear mismatches there.

Lol, it's almost impossible to be this much of a homer. You pimp your pathetic team every time they play the Jets and you have to crawl away every time with a loss.

Your team isn't scaring Jets fans or the Jets. The mismatches are In your mind only.

What are you talking about the Jet fan claimed Revis didn't give up a reception to Calvin Johnson last year. The game log says C Johnson had 4 receptions for 58 yards. ( what gives, and what exactly is your point)

That only an idiot would argue Revis isn't a top corner

let's see how great that Jet secondary is week 8. Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree and Rod Streater . I don't care what Jet cb matchups you want to put on the Raider wr's- there are a lot of mismatches in their favor.

The Raiders scored 9 points all game.  The Pats had 10 at the half.  Belichick plays bend but don't break.  When your points come on 49, 47 and 37 yard field goals, there is no reason to play tight D and force things.  They really didn't even bend.  The Raiders didn't even get in the red zone until the last drive. These DB stats are all pretty sketchy, but counting stats against a CB playing a zone is certainly lame.

Edited because they actually did get in the red zone with one minute left.

Lol, it's almost impossible to be this much of a homer. You pimp your pathetic team every time they play the Jets and you have to crawl away every time with a loss.

Your team isn't scaring Jets fans or the Jets. The mismatches are In your mind only.

go through Matchups. You have two Wr's( Cooper and Crabtree) that are excellent route runners. DerekCarr has shown he has little fear of D Revis.( 6 out of 7 for 63 yards with no where the caliber of Wr's he has now). A Cromartie has to pick up one of those wr's, and you really think either of those Wr are a good matchup for him. Now the book on your 5'9 Nickel Cb( Buster Skrine) is he struggles with tall Wr. ( Rod Streater is 6'2 200 or Brice Butler 6'3 215). Again the Raiders are going to spread out that Jet defense. Expect them to throw early and often.( hurry up offense- not going to let Jet sub players in) When Jets bring in more Db's for the Lb's expect them to pound the football on the ground.

Big difference this time the game played in Oakland. Ask the Billls( better team than Jets) how easy it's going in there to win the game.( won last three home games- not too many teams are going to come out of Oakland with a win,)

That only an idiot would argue Revis isn't a top corner

For the millionth time . revis is still a top tier cb - no where near the best. Some where outside the top five. Hey that isn't anything to be ashamed of, as a lot of teams could use that kind of cb.( if that's Jet biggest problem ( Revis) they would be alright. He isn't the Jets biggest concern, as that will be A Cromartie and Buster Skrine.

I could care less where you think Cromartie and Skrine rank as Cb. Neither are very good, and I guess you have to find out what exactly I mean there.

For the millionth time . revis is still a top tier cb - no where near the best. Some where outside the top five. Hey that isn't anything to be ashamed of, as a lot of teams could use that kind of cb.( if that's Jet biggest problem ( Revis) they would be alright. He isn't the Jets biggest concern, as that will be A Cromartie and Buster Skrine.

I could care less where you think Cromartie and Skrine rank as Cb. Neither are very good, and I guess you have to find out what exactly I mean there.

One last time, he's either the best or in the conversation as the best.  NFLN and ESPN had him #1 for what its worth.  Either way he's not 6th or anywhere near what you keep telling everyone he is.

Cro was the 19th ranked cb. Out of 64 plus nickel and dimes that makes him better than not very good.  

go through Matchups. You have two Wr's( Cooper and Crabtree) that are excellent route runners. DerekCarr has shown he has little fear of D Revis.( 6 out of 7 for 63 yards with no where the caliber of Wr's he has now). A Cromartie has to pick up one of those wr's, and you really think either of those Wr are a good matchup for him. Now the book on your 5'9 Nickel Cb( Buster Skrine) is he struggles with tall Wr. ( Rod Streater is 6'2 200 or Brice Butler 6'3 215). Again the Raiders are going to spread out that Jet defense. Expect them to throw early and often.( hurry up offense- not going to let Jet sub players in) When Jets bring in more Db's for the Lb's expect them to pound the football on the ground.

Big difference this time the game played in Oakland. Ask the Billls( better team than Jets) how easy it's going in there to win the game.( won last three home games- not too many teams are going to come out of Oakland with a win,)

Call me crazy but maybe you should actually see what Cooper is in his first NFL season before you make stupid claims of what he will be like in the Jet game.  He isnt going against scrub DBs is faced in college, running free and clear under balls.  Its not going to be that easy to get off the line as a rookie.  Crabtree is scaring no one.  Sorry, hes not that good to worry as much as you think they will.

The rest is your usual cliche riddled drop of football terms that never, ever pan out in Jet games or season  I pray that your mediocre, overrated QB throws early and often

Got to love the newfound Oakland home field advantage.  How many home wins are on their record the last 3, 4 5 seasons?  

He's better than Peterson. There isn't a chance you find anyone that agrees he's 6th in the league. Not one. NFLN had him 1. ESPN NFL had him 1. You have him 6, shocking. I remember when you gave detailed analysis of why you knew Aso was better than Revis and deserved more money. Dead on analysis as usual.

No there's 5 Cb's better than Revis and all of them play for Oakland

Revis ain't so great and Calvin Johnson was banged up, so meh. Seriously? K.

Can each poster get a freebie once a year from the mods to just call people the dumbsh*ts they really are?

PM Max all offending posts, as often as you see them, any day, any time of day or night, and he'll tell you if it will be allowed. He will generally get back to you within 2-3 minutes no matter when you ask him. Therefore if you don't hear back right away, I would encourage you to keep PMing him every 5 minutes until he replies.

PM Max all offending posts, as often as you see them, any day, any time of day or night, and he'll tell you if it will be allowed. He will generally get back to you within 2-3 minutes no matter when you ask him. Therefore if you don't hear back right away, I would encourage you to keep PMing him every 5 minutes until he replies.

Lol, zing!

That's what I do.  Max loves it!

Archived