Camp Tweets 8/7

flgreen

1. Darrin Walls worked next to Durell Eskridge at safety spots with the backups. Corners were Phillips, McDougle, C. Brown. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

As horn blows and #Jets move to new portion of team drills, Mauldin again comes in with the starters at OLB. #NYJ

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say the most concerning thing for me coming out of camp is how much Cro has been getting burned by every receiver on the roster.  Good thing McDougle be bossing though.

Prediction: McDougle takes Cro's position before season ends.

+1...seems like every big play is coming against Cro. I really hope he is just taking it easy in TC and will go full tilt when the real games start. 

1. Both Pace and Harris watching in team. Henderson & Mauldin getting valuable reps.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Believe it was Damon Harrison that did it, but Willie Colon ended up on the ground in backfield. Got run over.

1. Looks like Bowles might be giving some vets a bit of a breather. Haven't seen Harris and Pace in there at all this period. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Mauldin VERY chippy out there. Took Breno to the ground and both players come up pushing and shoving

1. Geno relatively solid to start 11 on 11s. Accuracy a bit spotty but ball coming out quickly, going through progressions well. #nyj #JetsCamp

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Oh my Geno. Absolutely stunning pass deep down the left sideline to Hakim. Here's how nice: Defense on side was "wow"-ing #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Meanwhile, Geno with a bomb for Hakim...drops it in over a beaten Cromartie. #NYJ

1. Darrin Walls worked next to Durell Eskridge at safety spots with the backups. Corners were Phillips, McDougle, C. Brown. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

As horn blows and #Jets move to new portion of team drills, Mauldin again comes in with the starters at OLB. #NYJ

Looking for for Mauldin taking over for Pace before reg season starts.  So happy about htis.  I like Pace but he is too slow today to be a starter.  Guy needs to be situational and a vet mentor for the young guys.

1. Geno Smith is looking sharp today. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
       Retweet
       Favorite
      More

Dennis Waszak Jr. retweeted Connor Hughes

Summer of Smith continues.

Dennis Waszak Jr. added,

Connor Hughes @Connor_J_Hughes
      Oh my Geno. Absolutely stunning pass deep down the left sideline to Hakim. Here's how nice: Defense on side was "wow"-ing #Jets
      0 retweets0 favorites
       Retweet
       Favorite
      More

Fantastic deep throw by Geno Smith to Saalim Hakim down the sideline. Antonio Cromartie beat. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
       Retweet
       Favorite
      More

Honestly, that was probably Geno's nicest pass of camp. Dropped it right in Hakim's hands past Cromartie. Beautiful.

0 retweets0 favorites
       Retweet
       Favorite
      More

Geno Smith to Saalim Hakim on a deep ball. Beats Antonio Cromartie. #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
       Retweet
       Favorite
      More

I know I'm repeating myself but Cro got beat again, by Hakim deep down sideline, and beautiful throw by Geno #JetsCamp #Jets

1. Geno reads blitz well, unloads to Enunwa over the middle. Off to the races, beats Walls for a TD. Good read by Geno. #JetsCamp #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Geno with a good quick read, finding Enunwa on a short crossing route, beating Walls #JetsCamp #Jets

1. IK off the edge, bounced right off Ijalana the Ivory couldn't stop him and he had Fitzpatrick squared up ready to bury #JetsCamp #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Antonio Cromartie has been beat a couple times today and more than a couple times in this camp. #Jets

1. Geno relatively solid to start 11 on 11s. Accuracy a bit spotty but ball coming out quickly, going through progressions well. #nyj #JetsCamp

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

At this point I have to think that Kristian has a different concept of ball placement than our coaches and other observers. I know in this offense you put the ball "on" the player more and maybe he thinks a lot of passes should be more leading. Or something.

Preseason battles, can't wait.

Evans vs Enunwa

Owusu vs Hakim

Colon vs youth

Ivory and Powell vs Stacey and Richardson

IK vs the world!

Preseason has never been this exciting in the last half decade at the very least.

Hard to see how Owusu & Enunwa don't make the team based on the first 5 practices (of course PS games will be the ultimate test) but hell, their names alone will confuse opposing D's! 

At this point I have to think that Kristian has a different concept of ball placement than our coaches and other observers. I know in this offense you put the ball "on" the player more and maybe he thinks a lot of passes should be more leading. Or something.

He has consistently been passive aggressive in his dislike for Geno imo.  all of his tweets since beginning of camp seem to be outliers compared to others who are reporting including our own guys that have been up at camp.

EDIT: I know Geno isn't Brady with accuracy but as long as he is putting the ball in catchable spots I don't give a sh*t if the pass could have been better.  Just put it where its catchable by our guys and not the other teams guys.

1. Marcus Gilchrist just rocked Kellen Davis over the middle. Leveled him. I'd say the shoulder is fine. #NYJ

1 retweet0 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite
    More

With David Harris resting during 11-on-11, Erin Henderson getting extra work alongside Demario Davis. #NYJ

1. Fitzcat...Fitzpatrick with a designed QB keeper up the middle for a 20 yard gain. #JetsCamp #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Fitz hits Hakim, who beat Walls, on in route for TD in red zone #JetsCamp #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

1. Misfire from Geno on out to Decker in red zone. Looked like play was covered, Smith put it where no one could get it. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Darrin Walls also getting his regular corner reps with Rontez Miles and Jaiquawn Jarrett at safety. #Jets

Fred Jackson with hamstring issues.  You know Rex conditioning coaches will put him in sooner then he is supposed to be causing Fred to pretty much miss the whole year with the hammy.

Good thing for Jets since Jackson has always given up some trouble.

Archived