Camp Tweets 8/7

flgreen

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Bowles says Milliner jammed his wrist on a play and a bone was dislocated or injured, requiring the surgery. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Milliner had a bone pop out of place in his wrist...hence the need for surgery. Happened on a jam. Rare. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles asked about Dee Milliner's wrist injury: said CB "dislocated something" and "a bone went out of place"

1. Bowles said Antonio Allen injury is upsetting, adds he was having a good camp. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles: Milliner thought wrist injury was a sprain, finished yesterday's practice. MRI revealed a tendon injury that required surgery.

1. Bowles says "it's a tough break" for AAllen, who the coach says was having a good camp. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles now clarifies that he could be wrong about the 'dislocation' part re: Milliner's injury. Either way, said it's a tough deal for Dee

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Charles Haley is close with Aldon Smith, has helped him deal with his problems. Haley profoundly disappointed by what 49ers' OLB has done.

1. "He's had some bad breaks. Hopefully he can turn the corner and put this one behind him" -Bowles on Milliner

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles: Walls getting reps at safety because of his height, intelligence. "In the back of his head, he needs to learn it."

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Charles Haley on Aldon Smith: "If he needs me, I'm going. If I have to leave the night before [Hall of Fame] ceremony, I'll go."

1. Haley relates to Aldon Smith: "He's me. When I came in the league, I had a 10-year-old inside me screaming for help but was afraid to ask."

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Revis was pulled out of drills for rest. Harris, Pace and Marshall got breathers today too. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Owusu got "dinged up in the head." Revis, Harris, Marshall, etc all were being rested. #NYJ

1 retweet0 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Owusu "got a little dinged up in the head" during practice. #Jets

1. Shaq Evans has bruised ribs. That's why he didn't practice, Bowles said. .. #Jets HC added that Revis was held out a bit to rest his legs

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Shaq Evans has bruised ribs #nyj

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Shaq Evans was held out today with bruised ribs

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Shaq Evans was out today with bruised ribs. He took a shot during practice on Wednesday, I believe. #NYJ

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles says Shaq Evans has bruised ribs. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles said tomorrow will run very similar to a normal practice, but with a few more team drills. #Jets

1. Bowles joked that when he played, things were a bit different. "Everything was a street fight." #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Bowles asked about there being no fights so far in #Jets camp: "There's consequences and repercussions" Says fights in practice is "stupid"

The no-fighting stance by Bowles is reflection of some new rules in NFL, etc, but is certainly different from Rex, who didn't mind 'em.

Rex encouraged fights in camp.  He would use it as an excuse to weigh a players tenacity.  But of course that would spill over into reg season games (looking at your Wilk).  Bowles approach is the right approach.  Why do it in practice if you can't do it in a real game?

OK I'm gonna chill on Dyer.  I don't think he has an agenda, I think he is just a jaded Geno supporter.  I can understand that sentiment.  He hasn't trashed Geno he has pretty much been countering his positive reactions with some negative in his reporting but I'm gonna start to interpret as realism and not an agenda.  What Geno does in practice (as exciting as it can be for us) is still nothing until he gets hit in a real game.

So I'm going to appreciate the candid tweets from Dyer but still lean to the more optimistic and hopeful side of the fence as that's just how I got to be!

Injuries are part of the game, we got depth. Next man up

I get it, and I'm glad that we have better depth this year than previous seasons. But...

...most of the guys getting injured ARE the depth. And a few of them were looking like they were getting ready to have great seasons.

I know, I've gotta try and stay positive, but come on, things seem to be going so well! I don't want to loose this happy feeling!

Archived