Camp Tweets 8-11

flgreen

1. 0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold says he's "not happy" with IK, adds he's never seen a situation like this before https://instagram.com/p/6Qcqy-nghq/ 

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Nick Mangold said he's seen shoving and screaming between players in the locker room, but never a punch. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold said he's seen scuffling, shoving, screaming matches in locker room. Never punches thrown. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold said he didn't know of any tension between IK and Geno.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold: "We've got a great group in that locker room, but unfortunately a bad incident taints that perception."

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. "It gives us a stumbling block," Nick Mangold said of Geno Smith's absence. #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold: Geno was having a great camp... Calls Fitzy an old-seasoned veteran. Says it's an added boost that Fitz is familiar with Gailey.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold: "The biggest thing we need to look at is to make sure it doesn't happen again." #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

1. Mangold: "Honest to God, this is an isolated incident." #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold: "Unfortunately, it puts a perception out there that things are running amok. It's just an isolated incident." #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold calls this an “isolated incident.” #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold: It gives us a stumbling block. Have to overcome it, fight through it together.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Geno broken jaw debacle shows they’re same old Jets http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/myers-geno-broken-jaw-debacle-shows-old-jets-article-1.2322131 

View summary0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Mangold said he's only heard bits and pieces of what fight was about. Wouldn't go into detail #Jets

1. Mangold: Honest to God, it is an isolated incident... We have to take care of each other. Puts us behind the 8-ball.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Nick Mangold said it "probably makes sense" that Todd Bowles turfed IK Enemkpali.

Boom. That's called discipline. As disheartening as this situation is, I gotta love how Bowles is handling it.

I don't believe him.  It's very very easy to make that statement when the guy was not a starter.  If he was some old about to be tossed vet maybe, if he was  a solid young starter I don't believe he would have been cut.

I don't believe him.  It's very very easy to make that statement when the guy was not a starter.  If he was some old about to be tossed vet maybe, if he was  a solid young starter I don't believe he would have been cut.

I believe him, but perhaps that's because I want to believe him. Although, it sorta seemd like IK was moving up the depth chart and was possibly being groomed to be a future starter. I don't know. Hopefully, we'll never have to know what he would do in that situation.

1. Bowles says if the #Jets are 4/5/6/7-0, “Yeah, you’re not coming back to start” #Jets

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet

For the record, this is not the correct answer.  While most of what Bowles has said since the hire is dead on, this is a minor mistake and will lead to constant second guessing and questions about if/when Fitzpatrick has done enough to keep the job or lose the job.  The proper answer is that we make all decisions on a game by game basis and start the player that gives us the best chance to win.  Everybody knows it is bullsh*t, but this will reduce the questions about whether Fitzpatrick has earned keeping the job when the team is 4-0 while he is throwing for 48% 3TD/6INT 150 ypg.  It has the further benefit that you can keep repeating it ad nauseam.

Archived