2015 Around the NFL thoughts and observations

Matt39

One major observation I have is how inconsistent the media is when it comes to Rex. 

Rex was trashed here and his teams given no chance because of his QB situation, now all of the sudden people in the media are believers in the Bills (Tony Gonzales picked the Bills to go to the Super Bowl before the game on Sunday) as true contenders. Tyrod Taylor has one good game and everyone in the media is on the band wagon saying they found a quarterback, but Sanchez could never earn trust that fast. I think when all is said and done, Fitzpatrick is going to have a better season than Tyrod Taylor. Just wait for teams to get more tape on Tyrod, he will show his weaknesses and this Bills team will look all too much like the Jets teams of 2011-2013.

the media loves Rex, they were mostly positive 2009 and 2010 but when they lose the media will take shots.  right now it's like 2009 in orchard park for him and the media is eating it up. 

Figured we'd have a thread for Non-Jets stuff.

If you have a chance this year, I'd recommend tuning into a Rams game and watching Aaron Donald. He is scary good and is about to push Watt in terms of best defensive player in the NFL.

The Rams are going to be a SB contender.

I'm sorry but there is a limit to over-optimism and glass-is-always-half-full Raiderism. The Raiders flat out stink. Yeah, they got Mack and a fledgling Cooper. I'll give them that. Even the worst teams have a few stars. The Raiders are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Sorry.

one Game doesn't make a season, see Jets 2014/2015 season.    The Raiders did look really bad week one.  (Ideally no team wants to start a season like that) Still one game doesn't make a season , and this Raider team has too much talent and will be fine going forward.( will be one of the better offenses in football by season end).   Aldon Smith and Khalil Mack going to do some serious damage rushing the Qb.

You have to be careful trying to judge a team after one game- could be as simple as team just a poor matchup against a particular team.    let's wait a couple weeks and let's see if you have the same opinion.   I remember The Raiders last Super Bowl team( wasn't first game , but it was early in the season game).   The Washington redskins destroyed the Raiders in an early season game( a lot worst than Bengals game) and the Raiders went on to destroy them in the Super Bowl.

So enjoy your week one victory, at least you can say your team was tied for first place one game.

Aaron Donald may be better than Watt

whether hes better than Watt or not the Rams are going to be a damn good football team I've been saying this as soon as they went out and got themselves a QB to go along with a great defense that actually destroys QB's. If Gurly gets healthy and is as advertised watch out.

Archived