Excited about our balance on offense.

Jetster

It's been a LONG TIME since we've had this kind of balance on offense. In 2009 & 2010 our Oline was so good they were running even though teams played 8,9,10 in the box.

Though the Oline isn't as good in 2015, the skill players are much better & more committed as teammates. No more Santonio types. I actually think we're getting the best Brandon Marshall we could get, (a happy Bmarsh able to be a mentor, and great teammate). Decker is a consummate pro, always trying to get better. Ivory has never been seen as a bellcow back, more of a compliment, but even he seems renergized playing in Chans spread offense where running lanes look like 4 lane highways at times. Add in Bilal, Stacey & for the 2nd half of the season Ridley & this is the best group of backs we've had since the early 80s.

The wildcards in this revamped offense are Owusu & Smith. Those 2 could be the sizzle that pumps up the whole team. Nothing is more exciting than a long pass play or a slant that goes the distance. It's something completely foreign to us since the bad Apple Holmes left town.

Jets fans have endured horrific offense for way too long. It's refreshing to know we should be able to score some points. I am pumped to have this coaching staff, no one is satisfied. If we can start this season with wins, I know sans injuries this staff will build on that success to keep getting better. The 2nd half of this season could be epic. Parity makes anything possible in this league.

It's been a LONG TIME since we've had this kind of balance on offense. In 2009 & 2010 our Oline was so good they were running even though teams played 8,9,10 in the box.

Though the Oline isn't as good in 2015, the skill players are much better & more committed as teammates. No more Santonio types. I actually think we're getting the best Brandon Marshall we could get, (a happy Bmarsh able to be a mentor, and great teammate). Decker is a consummate pro, always trying to get better. Ivory has never been seen as a bellcow back, more of a compliment, but even he seems renergized playing in Chans spread offense where running lanes look like 4 lane highways at times. Add in Bilal, Stacey & for the 2nd half of the season Ridley & this is the best group of backs we've had since the early 80s.

The wildcards in this revamped offense are Owusu & Smith. Those 2 could be the sizzle that pumps up the whole team. Nothing is more exciting than a long pass play or a slant that goes the distance. It's something completely foreign to us since the bad Apple Holmes left town.

Jets fans have endured horrific offense for way too long. It's refreshing to know we should be able to score some points. I am pumped to have this coaching staff, no one is satisfied. If we can start this season with wins, I know sans injuries this staff will build on that success to keep getting better. The 2nd half of this season could be epic. Parity makes anything possible in this league.

As does Good QB play, I agree I love the balance we have now also.. Best combo of GM and HC maybe ever..I can't count the Tuna because IMO he sucked as a GM..LOL

Good stuff. I tend to agree. I would have liked to see Amaro in the mix as well, but it seemed like the staff wasn't in love with him anyhow for some reason.

We can't expect Marshall to pull off moves like the strip every week but he is a legit game changer to go on top of the excellence in execution that is Decker. That is a serious combo right there and having the Kerely's, Owusu's, Enunwa's and hopefully D Smith's of the world behind them with their abilities can really set us up for some excitement.

I LOVE Ivory as our back. So bad ass tough with underrated speed. Just the kind of back I like most.

As fun as the Cleveland win was, you saw on that INT that Fitzy does lack real Zip on his passes. He's going to attempt some throws where his arm will betray him and lead to turnovers - it's what killed him in Buffalo. That's the caveat that came along with Fitzy, but you hope BY NOW his experience will not lead him to repeat the same mistakes. You saw that INT coming A MILE AWAY and Marshall SAVED his butt.  Throws outside the hash will be Fitzy's Achilles' Heel;'Penington 2.0?

Great OP!!!

I also think that we have a very balanced offensive team for the first time in a long time.  Also we also have key skill position players at the WR and RB position for the first time in almost 8 years!!!

The crowd and previous GMs who ran the team and that was harping that somehow a QB is supposed lift CFL talent and a shaky OL has been replaced by Mac who seems to recognize that players make plays and you can only scheme your way to offensive success so much.  

I look at Schotty who I wanted to personally strangle after is something like 60 pass attempts against the Giants and wonder how his offense would have looked with this crew.  

I'm thinking pretty darn good despite his bone head schemes at times.  

That is why I am personally so happy with Mac because he is giving everyone in the organization a real chance at success and that is all anyone can ask. 

Great OP!!!

I also think that we have a very balanced offensive team for the first time in a long time.  Also we also have key skill position players at the WR and RB position for the first time in almost 8 years!!!

The crowd and previous GMs who ran the team and that was harping that somehow a QB is supposed lift CFL talent and a shaky OL has been replaced by Mac who seems to recognize that players make plays and you can only scheme your way to offensive success so much.  

I look at Schotty who I wanted to personally strangle after is something like 60 pass attempts against the Giants and wonder how his offense would have looked with this crew.  

I'm thinking pretty darn good despite his bone head schemes at times.  

That is why I am personally so happy with Mac because he is giving everyone in the organization a real chance at success and that is all anyone can ask. 

Agreed but funny how things develop. We were never over .500 after we dismissed Shotty.  I saw him on the side line at the UGA game.    Lets see how his next 5 years goes. 

Agreed but funny how things develop. We were never over .500 after we dismissed Shotty.  I saw him on the side line at the UGA game.    Lets see how his next 5 years goes. 

I think we would have been a better team if Schotty had been HC and Rex was his DC.   

I also think that shift would have gotten us to a SB and we would have been a more balanced team so I think Schotty will be fine over time.  

Archived