Jets Fun Facts: 2015 season

Villain The Foe

How many times did he throw it up for grabs into double/triple coverage?  there were open receivers, he took away a chance at pts on the INT, he missed a wide open decker on a 3rd down just outside FG range to throw it downfield to a covered receiver, it happened many times throughout the night.

There was that one play where he missed the wide open Decker, that was pretty bad.  Maybe a couple of other times he chucked it down field when his internal clock said to throw the ball.  Which isn't really the worst thing in the world.

He clearly wasn't mistake-free, but I don't think he played as bad as you're making it out to be.  He was very efficient leading the final drive when he needed to be, so you have to give him credit for that.

There was that one play where he missed the wide open Decker, that was pretty bad.  Maybe a couple of other times he chucked it down field when his internal clock said to throw the ball.  Which isn't really the worst thing in the world.

He clearly wasn't mistake-free, but I don't think he played as bad as you're making it out to be.  He was very efficient leading the final drive when he needed to be, so you have to give him credit for that.

Maybe I am being harsh. 

Brandon Marshall is on pace to have a 1,300 yard season with 16 TD's. 

Eric Decker is on pace to have a 1,050 yard season with 16 TD's. 

The Jets havent had a 1,000 yard receiver since Cotchery in 2007 and havent had a WR with 1,000 yards and 10 TD's since Keyshawn Johnson in 1998. 

The Jets have not had a WR to produce over 1,300 yards or 16 TD's in recent memory, if ever. Brandon Marshall is on pace to do both this year and Decker is on pace to do the TD's. 

Basing a season stat on just 2 games does that mean the Jets will get 80 turnovers this year??:P

I think the passing game was there because the Colts felt they had to stop the run.  Later on the runs got easier because their secondary was so ****ed they had no choice but to help.  I felt they "left plays on the field" because they would rather try to force the run (2nd half) than to give the Colts a bunch of clock and when they needed it they went right back and walked in.  Looking at the box, that impression may be off because they still mixed in plenty of passes.  They would have put up another 3 at least if not for Giacomini's penalty.

FWIW, Maynard averaged over 100 a game for a season with 10 TDs (14 games), he averaged 99.8 for another (missed a game) with another 10 TDs and Namath's rookie year he had a TD a game (14)  and  1,218.  That is more than Marshall is getting per game.  Different era so there were less catches, but he averaged over 20 per for three consecutive years.  Giants only used him as a returner.  Hahahahahaha

Archived