Fitzpatrick, Jets Fans Wait for Third Option to Emerge

JetNation

As it mentions in the article, I am hoping that Fitz and Smith got a lot of practice in during the bye, to get on the same page.

they only practiced 1 extra day, Monday, as far as I know and they were installing the gameplan. 

Think I've seen enough from Devin to say he is a legit 3rd option.  Sure, tons to still learn, but he is getting open.  Just gotta figure a way to get him the ball when open.  He should have at least double the amount of catches he has now.  Plenty more yards and a TD too.

Instead of headlines reading the Jets are looking for a 3rd option to emerge, they should be reading, "Jets finally hit pay-dirt drafting a WR".

Hopefully him and Fitz show some progress this week.  Could make for a fun week 7.  Didn't Pats just lose their CB2?  Already depleted secondary to start the season getting worse.  Devin vs NE's CB4?...  Could be his breakout game.

no Kerley love in sight. I thought his TD and that one pretty impressive catch, albeit out of bounds due to his elbow, were signs that he was quality and should at least see the field some, but nope.

I'm not complaining so much as I'm whining a little bit ova here.  Devin Smith seems like he has real potential but Kerley on the field WITH Marshall and Decker could really be something and create quite a few mismatches. The decision to leave him on the sideline boggles me.

no Kerley love in sight. I thought his TD and that one pretty impressive catch, albeit out of bounds due to his elbow, were signs that he was quality and should at least see the field some, but nope.

I'm not complaining so much as I'm whining a little bit ova here.  Devin Smith seems like he has real potential but Kerley on the field WITH Marshall and Decker could really be something and create quite a few mismatches. The decision to leave him on the sideline boggles me.

either could work out. ... But ...

neither has been able to step up yet this year ... One of them has to turn into Dedric Ward

Archived