Fitzmagic

nycdan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so Marshall that's it?:lol:  you are too funny.

Based upon what we've seen Enunwa, Owusu and Devin Smith are minimal parts of the offense so far. None of them are stud, and none of them are going to "make the QB better". 

Decker played with Geno. So did Kerley.

That leaves Marshall as the only WR that would help hide, or improve Geno, by default... like I said in my response, which you clearly must've had a hard time comprehending. As usual.

so chan gailey's offense is the only offense where a QB is allowed to use his cadence or kill a bad play ?

it's the weak arm crowd driving this debate.  every underthrow  they howl like stuck pigs

No, but being a new QB in the league and having OC's tell you "on this play, you throw it to Percy Harvin no matter what" comes into play. 

I'll ask you for the third time. Whats the point of comparing these guys when you dont know what Geno is in THIS offense? Why pretend like Geno has never killed a bad play? I remember specifically Geno fixing an almost blown play, correcting the issue then throwing a TD pass. Do you know what his offensive coordinator did (with the help of Sheldon Richardson)? He called a time out instead of ALLOWING Geno to do what you're ultimately criticizing him for, in which the time out negated a game tying TD. 

jets4thdown.gif?w=640&h=360

How quickly people forget. 

Based upon what we've seen Enunwa, Owusu and Devin Smith are minimal parts of the offense so far. None of them are stud, and none of them are going to "make the QB better". 

That leaves Marshall as the only WR that would help hide, or improve Geno, by default... like I said in my response, which you clearly must've had a hard time comprehending. As usual.

ignoring the new OC, new scheme, and other new parts if the difference was basically Marshall don't you think that alone is a HUGE difference?

will you be gloating next Monday if we lose 37-34?  You'll finally be vindicated

If we lose 37-34 it would probably mean the O is playing pretty well so I wouldn't bash Fitz like I didn't bash him yesterday.  he was good yesterday, played BY FAR his best game as a Jet and much better than he had been playing.  I will always be honest, if he plays like he did Indy through Miami I will criticize.  If he plays like yesterday I will praise.

why can't we both enjoy winning and still be critical of the play on the field? I'm not going to make delusional comments about how fitz is the reason the team is winning... he's been good enough to not lose games, like any other decent backup QB on a good team

I have no problem with this, but this is far beyond being critical... this is the same exercise you see when politics or religion is argued. People aren't discussing anything anymore, they are just hurling thoughtless party-lines back and forth. 

I encourage discussing concerns over what we've got to get better at, and would argue I've been trying in earnest to make most of my posts even on this subject, have that as a center of gravity... but people aren't really tuning in for that conversation, they want the cheap arguing. People, in general, don't want to have their minds changed... no matter the cost and/or benefit. Insecurity is a funny beast like that.

Pennington was a much more accurate passer than fitz

He was a dumpoff machine.  That doesn't make him a truly accurate QB.  And we aren't paying Fitz $64M or have any delusions of him being a franchise QB like we had with Pennington, meaning we can move on from Fitz next year if we find someone better. 

ignoring the new OC, new scheme, and other new parts if the difference was basically Marshall don't you think that alone is a HUGE difference?

If we lose 37-34 it would probably mean the O is playing pretty well so I wouldn't bash Fitz like I didn't bash him yesterday.  he was good yesterday, played BY FAR his best game as a Jet and much better than he had been playing.  I will always be honest, if he plays like he did Indy through Miami I will criticize.  If he plays like yesterday I will praise.

The post I responded to specifically cited "playing with these WRs".

My response was within that context. 

Reading comprehension = your problem, not mine/ours.

He was a dumpoff machine.  That doesn't make him a truly accurate QB.  And we aren't paying Fitz $64M or have any delusions of him being a franchise QB like we had with Pennington, meaning we can move on from Fitz next year if we find someone better. 

he threw it down the field more than people remember. 

The post I responded to specifically cited "playing with these WRs".

My response was within that context. 

Reading comprehension = your problem, not mine/ours.

so I ask again, if the only difference in the WR corps is Brandon Marshall don't you think that is a HUGE difference?  you minimize it like the only addition was Enunwa.

pennington's 1-yard passes were so precise

he's the same kind of passer as fitz, dollar for dollar I'll take fitz since he's a minimum salary player but he's still the poor man's Pennington 

he's the same kind of passer as fitz, dollar for dollar I'll take fitz since he's a minimum salary player but he's still the poor man's Pennington 

Fine by me.  Though Fitz is a far better runner and a tough SOB.  Pennington was a statue and more injury prone than Fitz for sure.  Being an efficient runner when needed is an underrated skill for a QB.

Chad when healthy was always taking teams to the playoffs, there is no comparison btw Fitz and Chad in any way other than neither had the strongest arms.

In all honesty, we dont know what Devin Smith could be given that we dont have a QB that can compliment his skillset. Seen people clamoring on this Board for Martavis Bryant, well how good would that "stud" be if he cant stretch the field? 

Not trying to argue here, im just bringing up a point. 

so I ask again, if the only difference in the WR corps is Brandon Marshall don't you think that is a HUGE difference?  you minimize it like the only addition was Enunwa.

You ask again? You didn't ask that in the first place. You jumped it and scoffed at a post that I just demonstrated you don't understand.

I also didn't minimize anything, which you'd know if you could comprehend anything you read (what is this exhibit 357 now?). I specifically said that Brandon Marshall would give Geno a statistical bump, but that wouldn't be enough to suddenly make Geno better at pre-snap reads, going through his progressions, audibles at the line, etc., etc. all the things that a QB has to do when they aren't throwing "deep balls".

Marshall would probably help Geno complete 5-7 more passes a game than he did last year. 

Or like to admit. Fitz can do no wrong my friend. lol. 

Oh come on.  We all recognize Fitz lacks arm strength.  But if that was all that it took to be a decent QB in this league, Jeff George would have been a Hall of Famer.  In basically every other aspect of the game (pre-snap reads; short and intermediary throws; running; leading a team) Fitz is passing the test right now.  Maybe not with an "A", but a solid B for sure.

Chad when healthy was always taking teams to the playoffs, there is no comparison btw Fitz and Chad in any way other than neither had the strongest arms.

Yup. Fitz and Chad were both in this division for years yet the only QB to win the AFCE division the years Brady didnt was Chad Pennington...for two different teams. 

Atleast Fitz will most likely break his lack of a playoff appearance streak this year. 

yea pennibgton threw it downfield alright against a crappy defense like the Dolphins and it would take 3 hrs to get there.  He was really a terrible player.

Pennington threw it downfield, then it got picked off and returned for 6.

You ask again? You didn't ask that in the first place. You jumped it and scoffed at a post that I just demonstrated you don't understand.

I also didn't minimize anything, which you'd know if you could comprehend anything you read (what is this exhibit 357 now?). I specifically said that Brandon Marshall would give Geno a statistical bump, but that wouldn't be enough to suddenly make Geno better at pre-snap reads, going through his progressions, audibles at the line, etc., etc. all the things that a QB has to do when they aren't throwing "deep balls".

Marshall would probably help Geno complete 5-7 more passes a game than he did last year. 

I ask for the THIRD time, assuming Marshall is the only difference isn't that a HUGE difference?

do you realize how big a difference 5-7 more passes a game is?

Or like to admit. Fitz can do no wrong my friend. lol. 

I like Fitz, I really do.  he has given us something we probably haven't had since Chad and that's real leadership at the position but this notion that he is the difference maker is comical.

Yup. Fitz and Chad were both in this division for years yet the only QB to win the AFCE division the years Brady didnt was Chad Pennington...for two different teams. 

Atleast Fitz will most likely break his lack of a playoff appearance streak this year. 

People forget that.  In 2008 Brady was hurt BUt he took Miami from 1 win in 2007 to 11 wins in 2008 so Brady or no Brady that was incredible.  the only non Brady AFC East title was the Chad led 2002 Jets that started 1-3 w/o him starting and in week 16 that year they thrashed NE on the road- NE wouldn't lose a home game for 3 more seasons after that.

Oh come on.  We all recognize Fitz lacks arm strength.  But if that was all that it took to be a decent QB in this league, Jeff George would have been a Hall of Famer.  In basically every other aspect of the game (pre-snap reads; short and intermediary throws; running; leading a team) Fitz is passing the test right now.  Maybe not with an "A", but a solid B for sure.

@nyjunc made a very valid point. Why can we not appreciate our wins yet not criticize players? Thats what I did with my initial post. You guys made it out to be the worst thing since the Vernon Gholston draft. 

Why can we criticize Geno Smith with every win (though wonder about Geno after every Eagles loss) yet not criticize what we see with Fitz? No one is saying that they want to see him replaced, but for the same reasons why I just gave you the "you're right dog" comments, it seems like nothing can be said about Fitz yet people throw up the "Oh come on" when its obvious that Fitz can do no wrong because he cant be criticized for valid reasons. 

I ask for the THIRD time, assuming Marshall is the only difference isn't that a HUGE difference?

do you realize how big a difference 5-7 more passes a game is?

No dude, you weren't asking me.

You're a hot mess.

5-7 passes could be an extra 30 yards or an extra 150 yards and 5 TDs. 

I'm content seeing those extra passes completed by Fitz, because he ****s up less of the other stuff that we KNOW Geno doesn't do well, the things that Marshall cannot compensate for.

Archived