Fitzmagic

nycdan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are still comparing Rex to Bowles as far as running a disciplined team when the Jets had what like two penalites yesterday and the Bills are still on their way to breaking the NFL record!!!

Come on Now!!!

I supported Rex while he was the HC and thought he was undermined by Idzik but.......

Leadership matters, and thinking that all leaders are the same or will have the same impact on an oragnization is why the Jets have consistently had poor organizational leardership for DECADES!!!

Indeed no reputable study on the planet has EVER said that leadership doesn't matter.

In fact two leaders can make the same decision but the reasons why they came to a certain conclusion may be radically different as well as their means and methods of implimentation can radically differ, and such differnces can make all the difference in the world.

Fitzpatrick-ologist.  You know, the blind love, can't do any wrong or dare admit there is anything wrong with his game follower....Kind of like all those Pennington-ologists, remember?

can you show me one example of someone saying he can't do any wrong or implying he is perfect ?

Fitzpatrick-ologist.  You know, the blind love, can't do any wrong or dare admit there is anything wrong with his game follower....Kind of like all those Pennington-ologists, remember?

All I know is that the Jets better not EVER go on a two game losing streak. I'll look like the Walking Dead around here. lol. 

Thinking Fitz is better than Geno should not be a controversial position.  Is anyone saying Fitz is in the top echelon of QBs here? NO.  But a lot of people are misconstruing it that way apparently.   The Fitz love is not absolute.  It's relative to Geno.

Thinking Fitz is better than Geno should not be a controversial position.  Is anyone saying Fitz is in the top echelon of QBs here? NO.  But a lot of people are misconstruing it that way apparently.   The Fitz love is not absolute.  It's relative to Geno.

Its not a controversial position to have. Its only seems to be controversial when someone says that it isnt fair to compare the two when Geno has never played with this talent group and a competent coaching staff. 

Thats the only thing that's been deemed controversial here. 

Problem is he does not get Balls Deep. You always need to get Balls Deep. Or its not very good.

Nice metaphor man, but it isn't true at all. Brady doesn't throw deep and he seems to do just fine. Not many QB's in the NFL can throw an accurate deep ball, maybe like four or five. Fitz does fine with the passing game, I just fear that he's going to get injured by not sliding when he takes off running.

Its not a controversial position to have. Its only seems to be controversial when someone says that it isnt fair to compare the two when Geno has never played with this talent group and a competent coaching staff. 

like I said, we're 4-1.  People wondering about theoretical things if Geno was playing need to wake up and enjoy the ride.

I really respect your opinions......but.......(lol)   I knew fitz was better than geno the first pass in the pre-season. He made a quick read, changed his arm angle to get the ball around a defender, and hit marshall right in the chest in traffic so he could protect himself.  

that super ugly under throw to marshall yesterday on the TD should have been an INT or incomplete, but marshall decided a TD was the better option, lol and yes geno never had a guy like that to throw to.  decker and marshall have had sick one handed grabs in the last 2 games, geno's guys dropped a ton of passes on him

a huge difference for me is how fitz runs the line of scrimmage.  he actually uses his cadence and gets the jets out of bad plays.  geno seems to never use his cadence. 

the #1 difference is fitz gets rid of the ball, throws it away or runs with it.  Geno was the master at the killer 11 yard loss when the team was in FG range, crap like that. most of the big differences to me have nothing to do with weapons

like I said, we're 4-1.  People wondering about theoretical things if Geno was playing need to wake up and enjoy the ride.

Thats the other controversial thing. As soon as you state the fact that you cant compare 2014/13 Geno to Fitz, the first thing these people bring up is 4-1. Its a tactic to dismiss and not deal with the fact that we're going on week 7 and people who are supposedly stoked about this 4-1 still feel the urge to compare week after week. Like they're looking for some reconfirmation during every game lol. 

@Larz asked a question about "who said that Fitz can do no wrong or he's perfect". No one has said it outright, but people portray this record to be the doing of Ryan Fitzpatrick so in essence its like they're saying it when it comes to the comparison (or reconfirmation) between the two quarterbacks. 

I guess im just in the thread because its the most exciting topic to talk about. SOMEONE HAS TO DEFEND GENO! lol.

I really respect your opinions......but.......(lol)   I knew fitz was better than geno the first pass in the pre-season. He made a quick read, changed his arm angle to get the ball around a defender, and hit marshall right in the chest in traffic so he could protect himself.  

that super ugly under throw to marshall yesterday on the TD should have been an INT or incomplete, but marshall decided a TD was the better option, lol and yes geno never had a guy like that to throw to.  decker and marshall have had sick one handed grabs in the last 2 games, geno's guys dropped a ton of passes on him

a huge difference for me is how fitz runs the line of scrimmage.  he actually uses his cadence and gets the jets out of bad plays.  geno seems to never use his cadence. 

the #1 difference is fitz gets rid of the ball, throws it away or runs with it.  Geno was the master at the killer 11 yard loss when the team was in FG range, crap like that. most of the big differences to me have nothing to do with weapons

You knew it huh? lol. Man....

Thats the other controversial thing. As soon as you state the fact that you cant compare 2014/13 Geno to Fitz, the first thing these people bring up is 4-1. Its a tactic to dismiss and not deal with the fact that we're going on week 7 and people who are supposedly stoked about this 4-1 still feel the urge to compare week after week. Like they're looking for some reconfirmation during every game lol. 

@Larz asked a question about "who said that Fitz can do no wrong or he's perfect". No one has said it outright, but people portray this record to be the doing of Ryan Fitzpatrick so in essence its like they're saying it when it comes to the comparison (or reconfirmation) between the two quarterbacks. 

I guess im just in the thread because its the most exciting topic to talk about. SOMEONE HAS TO DEFEND GENO! lol.

nobody is implying is essence that fitz is perfect and can do no wrong and anyone saying he is the sole reason for the offense improvement is wrong.

only a sith deals in asbolutes !!!

the difference is real and obvious.  hey, I'm sure I have been branded a smith hater, so when he scores his first TD, I'm sure I will get a lot of crap lol

Like I said, I wont make a comparison with a group of guys that I havent seen Geno play with. Anything at this point is better than what we've seen the last two years...and not just at the QB position. I take into account all of that. 

Like I said, I wont make a comparison with a group of guys that I havent seen Geno play with. Anything at this point is better than what we've seen the last two years...and not just at the QB position. I take into account all of that. 

you have to admit you can see things that have nothing to do with weapons like pre-snap reads, running the LOS and the time it takes to throw it ?  is there any other plausible explanation for the jets giving up only 2 or 3 sacks in 5 games ?

full disclosure  - this does not mean fitz is perfect, or he is the sole reason the jets are winning

nobody is implying is essence that fitz is perfect and can do no wrong and anyone saying he is the sole reason for the offense improvement is wrong.

only a sith deals in asbolutes !!!

When comparing Fitz to 2014/13 Geno...thats exactly what's going on here. 

You wouldnt believe, I had a guy write me here and say he KNEW Fitz was better than Geno just on the very first throw of the preseason. lol. ;)

you have to admit you can see things that have nothing to do with weapons like pre-snap reads, running the LOS and the time it takes to throw it ?  is there any other plausible explanation for the jets giving up only 2 or 3 sacks in 5 games ?

full disclosure  - this does not mean fitz is perfect, or he is the sole reason the jets are winning

I can admit that those pre-snap reads and LOS decisions have alot to do with the offense that not I or anyone else ever seen Geno perform in.

Why cant people simply accept this and understand that there's no need to continue the comparing since we're "4-1"???

This is really the crux of why the argument that we can't know what Geno does because he's never played with these receivers is weak.

I'll take a guy with a questionable deep ball over a guy who goes deep for the sack.

When comparing Fitz to 2014/13 Geno...thats exactly what's going on here. 

You wouldnt believe, I had a guy write me here and say he KNEW Fitz was better than Geno just on the very first throw of the preseason. lol. ;)

so its impossible to compare QB's ?    I have witnesses btw, and if subpoenaed they will testify to the fact I knew fitz was better than the worst starting QB in the NFL after 1 pre-season pass.

full disclosure - this does not mean I have a man crush on fitz, am growing a fitz beard, or believe the jets are SB bound soley because of fitz

We play the Patriots this week.

Their QB is a cheating, arrogant prick and might be the athlete I hate more than any other athlete in the history of sports...

Meanwhile, we're 4-1 thanks in part (I had to emphasize this for the partially illiterate) to the likeable, capable, journeyman who isn't perfect (this too) playing QB better for us than anyone has in 10 years.

And all you disgraceful Jet fans can see fit to do is hate on and argue about the QB in green and white?

Miserable.

I can admit that those pre-snap reads and LOS decisions have alot to do with the offense that not I or anyone else ever seen Geno perform in.

Why cant people simply accept this and understand that there's no need to continue the comparing since we're "4-1"???

so chan gailey's offense is the only offense where a QB is allowed to use his cadence or kill a bad play ?

it's the weak arm crowd driving this debate.  every underthrow  they howl like stuck pigs

This is really the crux of why the argument that we can't know what Geno does because he's never played with these receivers is weak.

I'll take a guy with a questionable deep ball over a guy who goes deep for the sack.

Marshall is the only guy he didn't play with last year that would help hide his short-comings. Enunwa and Devin Smith aren't transforming Geno into anything other than Geno.

We know how Geno plays the position. Would chucking it to Marshall bump his stats? Sure. It's not going to change all the pre-snap and pre-throw shortcomings of Geno. 

I've been saying it for weeks now... Jet fans need to learn how to win better. It's a damn shame more people aren't enjoying the ride. 

Marshall is the only guy he didn't play with last year that would help hide his short-comings. Enunwa and Devin Smith aren't transforming Geno into anything other than Geno.

We know how Geno plays the position. Would chucking it to Marshall bump his stats? Sure. It's not going to change all the pre-snap and pre-throw shortcomings of Geno. 

I've been saying it for weeks now... Jet fans need to learn how to win better. It's a damn shame more people aren't enjoying the ride. 

so Marshall that's it?:lol:  you are too funny.

So he has Pennington-like intangibles.  I agree. 

No one is saying he should be benched it's just super annoying to see these maroons pound their sizzle chests based on lies and false narratives. 

Basically they're saying Fitz with Gailey, Marshall, a healthy Decker, and a possessed Ivory is better than Geno with Jason Hill, Chaz Shillens, and a hobbled Decker. 

no ****ing sh-t.

Fitz and Pennington are both Jags.  Fitz is the tough bar brawling version and Pennington is the pouty pathetic version.

Geno may be better than Fitz but nobody believes better enough to take that chance.   We are getting moderate game managing at QB this year and this is all we can hope for. 

why can't we both enjoy winning and still be critical of the play on the field? I'm not going to make delusional comments about how fitz is the reason the team is winning... he's been good enough to not lose games, like any other decent backup QB on a good team

so its impossible to compare QB's ?    I have witnesses btw, and if subpoenaed they will testify to the fact I knew fitz was better than the worst starting QB in the NFL after 1 pre-season pass.

full disclosure - this does not mean I have a man crush on fitz, am growing a fitz beard, or believe the jets are SB bound soley because of fitz

its is possible to compare QB's im saying that the comparison should be on a much more respectable level. I dont agree with stating Fitz the victor because he's had 4 of 5 nice games against a travesty of a Jets team last year. 

I'll ask the question again. What is the point? 

Fitz and Pennington are both Jags.  Fitz is the tough bar brawling version and Pennington is the pouty pathetic version.

Geno may be better than Fitz but nobody believes better enough to take that chance.   We are getting moderate game managing at QB this year and this is all we can hope for. 

please don't pout Fitz in a similar category as Pennington.  that is foolish.

Archived