No Holding Calls?

Jetster

I know we won & yes I'm completely happy.

I Just think it's so interesting how we have what most pundents feel is a top 3 Dline, coached by a guy who blitzes more than any coach in the league playing against 2 teams decimated at Oline position, Eagles & Redskins for 8 quarters of football & zero offensive holding calls?

HOW THE F*CK IS THAT POSSIBLE when it's said that holding could probably be called on every other play?

I Just think it's so interesting how we have what most pundents feel is a top 3 Dline, coached by a guy who blitzes more than any coach in the league playing against 2 teams decimated at Oline position, Eagles & Redskins for 8 quarters of football & zero offensive holding calls?

HOW THE F*CK IS THAT POSSIBLE when it's said that holding could probably be called on every other play?

Well both teams ran basically the same plan. Short quick passes to the outside to avoid a pass rush. We got 5 QB hits and a sack. But at least we have seen us get pressure on some QBs this year.

There were barely any penalties called on either side today. The refs were just letting them play. 

Well my point is if there was holding & they just "let them play" like you say then next week if they LET THEM PLAY we'll have no chance vs the NFLs golden boy.

There were no PI penalties 

Good thread. 

I've been championing the holding calls our DL should be forcing for a few weeks now... and those calls never happen, even though, if you watch the game closely you can see our guys getting their jerseys spun backwards on most plays.

The NFL is the NFL.

Personally, I would prefer the refs let them play, and let the holding calls go.  I only really care about parity.  If your going to call it one way, call it consistently for both teams.  

That being said, blatant calls such as the two delay's of game that weren't called could potentially have been huge non-calls.  

Good thread. 

I've been championing the holding calls our DL should be forcing for a few weeks now... and those calls never happen, even though, if you watch the game closely you can see our guys getting their jerseys spun backwards on most plays.

The NFL is the NFL.

I said as much in the game day thread.. Saw our guys' jerseys being pulled all afternoon.. and a few blatant take downs as well, but no calls

Archived