Chris Ivory

ECURB

Awesome!  Way to stick up for your team.  

You want to let your teammate know they aren't doing well, fine, tell them, or your coach.  Don't ******* do it through the ******* media. 

I have no issue at all with lineman being called out if they are not performing. They certainly get a ton of credit when backs are doing well we've heard that over and over.

fumble on the first series was the least of our issues that game, since we took the lead into the 4th . But of course you just have to bring it up to put negative light on the QB who played very well and would have led us to victory if we did not drop balls and give a cushion on defense when we should have been in their face the entire game. We lost a game we should have won and there were many issues attributed to that loss

Go read the post I was replying to. 

If you want to try to find a post where I claimed the fumble on the first series was the biggest issue that game, you're going to be looking for the rest of your life. So since that doesn't exist, you are arguing against a point I never made or even hinted at. As usual. What a surprise. 

Let's not fool ourselves here. Pats would have stomped on our D all day long if it wasn't for the 10+ dropped passes. We needed every bit of Ivory's hammy to beat the Pats. 

The Pats didn't drop 10+ passes.

It's also a weak "what if" and "would have" to play, where you imagine what would have been if they didn't drop key passes but we still dropped ours. 

Go read the post I was replying to. 

If you want to try to find a post where I claimed the fumble on the first series was the biggest issue that game, you're going to be looking for the rest of your life. So since that doesn't exist, you are arguing against a point I never made or even hinted at. As usual. What a surprise. 

heh where did I say you said it was the biggest issue ? Looks like you're the one who will be reading for a long time took me about 30 seconds

heh where did I say you said it was the biggest issue ? Looks like you're the one who will be reading for a long time took me about 30 seconds

Uh, I didn't say you did. But you were pointing to one extreme so I countered with the opposite. Regardless, you were arguing against a position I never took regarding the fumble, in a post that wasn't even addressed to you. Much to learn you still have, my old padawan. 

The Pats didn't drop 10+ passes.

It's also a weak "what if" and "would have" to play, where you imagine what would have been if they didn't drop key passes but we still dropped ours. 

They sure did drop 10+. And my reply was in response to the dropped TD pass by Marshall and the Fitz fumble. There were lots of things that went our way. Those two plays certainly went the other way. At the end, I'd say the end result was a fair representation of the teams. 

Well I guess a turnover in the first minute at the opponents 20 yard line has no bearing on the end result. 

Only a Pats fan can say that. 

Exactly how does a 3 point deficit with 59 minutes to play impact the outcome of the game?

You can't possibly be that naive.

I have no issue at all with lineman being called out if they are not performing. They certainly get a ton of credit when backs are doing well we've heard that over and over.

I respectfully disagree. Never talk about your line in the media unless you have something good to say....especially a veteran line.

They sure did drop 10+. And my reply was in response to the dropped TD pass by Marshall and the Fitz fumble. There were lots of things that went our way. Those two plays certainly went the other way. At the end, I'd say the end result was a fair representation of the teams. 

First, not all of what the announcers referred to as "drops" were drops. It's anything to remove blame from Brady for anything. There absolutely were multiple drops, but 10+ of them weren't flat-out drops.

Second, I don't think the end result was a fair representation of what would have been the end result if the game was called evenly. Their strength is offense. Ours is defense. Their weakness, particularly that day, was their OL. You can't say it's a fair representation when you allow their OL to effectively cheat their way to neutralizing our strength. What if our DBs committed un-called pass interference as many times as their OL committed holding, thus neutralizing NE's 2 best assets of Brady and Gronk? Is that a fair representation of NE's offense, or is it a fair representation of NE's offense if we're permitted to break the rules with impunity? My take is the latter.

First, not all of what the announcers referred to as "drops" were drops. It's anything to remove blame from Brady for anything. There absolutely were multiple drops, but 10+ of them weren't flat-out drops.

Second, I don't think the end result was a fair representation of what would have been the end result if the game was called evenly. Their strength is offense. Ours is defense. Their weakness, particularly that day, was their OL. You can't say it's a fair representation when you allow their OL to effectively cheat their way to neutralizing our strength. What if our DBs committed un-called pass interference as many times as their OL committed holding, thus neutralizing NE's 2 best assets of Brady and Gronk? Is that a fair representation of NE's offense, or is it a fair representation of NE's offense if we're permitted to break the rules with impunity? My take is the latter.

Fair representation meaning the overall team strength in general, not just how that one game played out. Pats are clearly the better team. And our team strength laid a big fat egg against the Raiders. And I hate to use the 'refs helped em' excuse. Over the course of the season, it all evens out.

Archived