What does Bowles think about Coples?

Jetster

there are a lot of decisions to be made by mac during the offseason, specifically, the d-line. very crowded but very talented. however, they are all not without issues

1. mo wilks- squeaky clean player. some say he disappears at times, but imo, he brings it more often than not. problem appears to be with money. only thing we have heard is that the 2 sides are too far apart. trade value is high

2. Sheldon Richardson- found himself in trouble twice this year. great player but can he be relied on to play without another suspension? he is cheap enough and the jets control him for another 2 1/2 years. trade value took a hit with the trouble he has had

3. leonard Williams- great prospect but still has a lot to prove before he is considered an every down force. not going anywhere

4. damon Harrison- another great player, but is only a 2 down player. he is also looking for a new contract. limited trade value

5. Quinton coples- huge disappointment at olb. he just isn't. proven, although limited, that he can play the d-line. he will also be looking for a contract shortly, but should come a lot cheaper than wilks. limited trade value

lots of pros and cons for mac to consider come the offseason. lets hope he makes the right decisions. I cant see all 5 players returning next season

if I'm getting rid of one, based on play, it's Coples.  Not close

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if mauldin gets his act together and stays healthy he will get a shot.  probably pretty soon !

What act does he need to get together?  He is healthy now but can't put himself in the game.  He and Reilly should be playing at least 50% of the snaps for Coples and Pace. 

there are a lot of decisions to be made by mac during the offseason, specifically, the d-line. very crowded but very talented. however, they are all not without issues

1. mo wilks- squeaky clean player. some say he disappears at times, but imo, he brings it more often than not. problem appears to be with money. only thing we have heard is that the 2 sides are too far apart. trade value is high

2. Sheldon Richardson- found himself in trouble twice this year. great player but can he be relied on to play without another suspension? he is cheap enough and the jets control him for another 2 1/2 years. trade value took a hit with the trouble he has had

3. leonard Williams- great prospect but still has a lot to prove before he is considered an every down force. not going anywhere

4. damon Harrison- another great player, but is only a 2 down player. he is also looking for a new contract. limited trade value

5. Quinton coples- huge disappointment at olb. he just isn't. proven, although limited, that he can play the d-line. he will also be looking for a contract shortly, but should come a lot cheaper than wilks. limited trade value

lots of pros and cons for mac to consider come the offseason. lets hope he makes the right decisions. I cant see all 5 players returning next season

I find it hard to believe that Mac who gave Cro,David Harris and  Revis  contracts can't deal with Mo?? Unless Mo wants Watts contract it just doesn't make sense..

I find it hard to believe that Mac who gave Cro,David Harris and  Revis  contracts can't deal with Mo?? Unless Mo wants Watts contract it just doesn't make sense..

you might have just answered your own question there. or it could be the jets have so much talent at d-line, he wont pay any of them. just replace them like the steelers do

maybe, but that's just on play. lots of other things to consider

well he makes more than Snacks & Douzable.  I wouldn't keep him over those two.  Forget Mo & Sh Leon, they're on a different planet than Coples.  He just comes off clueless and/or uninspired.  Not a good combo.  Especially when you factor in he's playing for his Jet life

Archived