What does Bowles think about Coples?

Jetster

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sold on the fact that this is Bowles' finished product. Coples has barely played before yesterday, I doubt he wanted to see rookie mistakes against a superior team. Not saying Coples is good, because he's dogsh*t, but he's proven to at least get some hurries. I'm sure we'll see more Mauldin and Reilly against inferior teams like the Jags, Texans, etc. He'll work the young guys in, see what worked well, and what didn't work, and we'll play them harder next time. By that time I'm sure Coples will be the full-time backup.

I really was focused on him on only 1 play and haven't watched it again yet. But he got shoved out of the play, away from Brady, with relative ease. And it was like the only non-holding from a NE blocker all game.

He is as soft as freshly baked bread. If he was here I'd tell him to his bitch face. 

His sorority should have branded him with a zero instead of burning that hideous thing onto his arm.  A zero brand, right over where his heart should theoretically be located.

this could be you're greatest post ever

I'm pretty sure that he has been dealing with a fairly significant elbow injury, but don't let that get in the way of the agenda.  Maccagnan didn't draft him, but he did exercise the $7M option for next year.   That does not mean much, but it indicates that they are at least interested in seeing what they have.

I really was focused on him on only 1 play and haven't watched it again yet. But he got shoved out of the play, away from Brady, with relative ease. And it was like the only non-holding from a NE blocker all game.

He is as soft as freshly baked bread. If he was here I'd tell him to his bitch face. 

His sorority should have branded him with a zero instead of burning that hideous thing onto his arm.  A zero brand, right over where his heart should theoretically be located.

i lol all over

This guy is the biggest enigma or enima on this team. Talk about a disappearing act. No way he gets resigned, he's slow, makes no plays it's like he's just some guy out there. This was a bad 1st round pick. Thanks again Rex.

I said that when they picked him. He is a 4-3 DE and the Jets decided that there is "no difference" between the 4-3 and the 3-4. So stick him at end in the 3-4 and he does little or nothing. So, then make him a LB but he can't drop into coverage and isn't athletic enough to do anything but rush the passer which he almost does well. Poor selection by Mike Tannenbaum and Rex, but hey they made a lot of them.

lest we all forgot that coples had 5.5 sacks in his rookie year playing very limited snaps on the d-line. i would like to see how wilks, Richardson, or Williams fair, asked to drop 50 pounds and play a position that they don't have the physical make up to play

lest we all forgot that coples had 5.5 sacks in his rookie year playing very limited snaps on the d-line. i would like to see how wilks, Richardson, or Williams fair, asked to drop 50 pounds and play a position that they don't have the physical make up to play

Actually in Coples first 2 years he had more sacks then Mo did in his first 2 and Mo started 31 games to 15 for Coples..

I said that when they picked him. He is a 4-3 DE and the Jets decided that there is "no difference" between the 4-3 and the 3-4. So stick him at end in the 3-4 and he does little or nothing. So, then make him a LB but he can't drop into coverage and isn't athletic enough to do anything but rush the passer which he almost does well. Poor selection by Mike Tannenbaum and Rex, but hey they made a lot of them.

Coples isn't athletic enough to play 4-3 end either.

Remember when Hermie told Ellis to gain weight and switch to DT?? That didn't last long..

remember when wilks got hurt and coples filled in for him? 265 pound guy filling in for a 315 pound guy with very little drop off. yea, lets cut this guy instead of fixing rex's dumb olb experiment

remember when wilks got hurt and coples filled in for him? 265 pound guy filling in for a 315 pound guy with very little drop off. yea, lets cut this guy instead of fixing rex's dumb olb experiment

Remember how some fans hated Pouha his first couple of years and called him a 3rd rd bust?? At least Rex had him playing well and yep when turf toe Mo was out there was no drop off. Coples led the team in QB hits last year..

I think the people that think Coples is Justin Tuck forced to play OLB are going to be sorely disappointed when his peg gets stuffed in whatever hole they think it fits.

but we all have seen the proper hole to stuff this peg. some just refuse to admit it

who does he replace on the DL?  Which starter? Who gets cut to make room for a guy who has proven nothing as a lineman? 

who does he replace on the DL?  Which starter? Who gets cut to make room for a guy who has proven nothing as a lineman? 

Something is really fishy why Mo hasn't been signed he must be asking for way much more then someone with comparable stats is worth.. I wish his agent would talk to the media..

Something is really fishy why Mo hasn't been signed he must be asking for way much more then someone with comparable stats is worth.. I wish his agent would talk to the media..

Could be he asked for crazy money.  But no real proof that they are or aren't negotiating right now.  Don't know that we're going to hear anything about negotiations. 

that's the problem. he has proven something when he plays on the d-line. its when he plays olb where he has proven nothing. as far as replacing, trading, or cutting, well, that's up to the front office. i have my theories but the fact remains that coples is an asset as a d-lineman. he is a liability at olb

that's the problem. he has proven something when he plays on the d-line. its when he plays olb where he has proven nothing. as far as replacing, trading, or cutting, well, that's up to the front office. but the fact remains that coples is an asset as a d-lineman. he is a liability at olb

Actually he provides,no asset to the DL.  The DL is great and deep.  What are we going to do cut a Doozable to make room for a guy who really hasn't shown that much,and will cost more? 

that's the problem. he has proven something when he plays on the d-line. its when he plays olb where he has proven nothing. as far as replacing, trading, or cutting, well, that's up to the front office. i have my theories but the fact remains that coples is an asset as a d-lineman. he is a liability at olb

When Coples is a 290 he's better at DT then DE..

Actually he provides,no asset to the DL.  The DL is great and deep.  What are we going to do cut a Doozable to make room for a guy who really hasn't shown that much,and will cost more? 

the entire d-line crew, coples included, are assets. what the front office plans to do with those assets next year, remains to be seen. one d-lineman in particular is waiting on his big payday. but so far, the front office is reluctant to give it to him. so who knows

the entire d-line crew, coples included, are assets. what the front office plans to do with those assets next year, remains to be seen. one d-lineman in particular is waiting on his big payday. but so far, the front office is reluctant to give it to him. so who knows

just saying if you move Coples to DL someone has to go

just saying if you move Coples to DL someone has to go

there are a lot of decisions to be made by mac during the offseason, specifically, the d-line. very crowded but very talented. however, they are all not without issues

1. mo wilks- squeaky clean player. some say he disappears at times, but imo, he brings it more often than not. problem appears to be with money. only thing we have heard is that the 2 sides are too far apart. trade value is high

2. Sheldon Richardson- found himself in trouble twice this year. great player but can he be relied on to play without another suspension? he is cheap enough and the jets control him for another 2 1/2 years. trade value took a hit with the trouble he has had

3. leonard Williams- great prospect but still has a lot to prove before he is considered an every down force. not going anywhere

4. damon Harrison- another great player, but is only a 2 down player. he is also looking for a new contract. limited trade value

5. Quinton coples- huge disappointment at olb. he just isn't. proven, although limited, that he can play the d-line. he will also be looking for a contract shortly, but should come a lot cheaper than wilks. limited trade value

lots of pros and cons for mac to consider come the offseason. lets hope he makes the right decisions. I cant see all 5 players returning next season

Archived