Cameron Wake done for the year

njjetman

Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake left Thursday night’s game against the New England Patriots with an Achilles injury, and it would appear it was the worst kind. Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald reports that Wake ruptured the Achilles tendon in his left leg and will miss the remainder of the season. An MRI confirmed the injury Friday morning. Wake, a four-time Pro Bowler, is Miami’s best pass rusher. Since Joe Philbin was fired and Dan Campbell took over as interim head coach, Wake has recorded seven sacks. All seven came in the span of three games, and he sacked Tom Brady Thursday night before suffering the injury. There was a lot of talk last season about Dolphins players being unhappy with their defensive scheme (read more about that here), but that didn’t stop Wake from piling up 11.5 sacks. Losing him will hurt even more than the 36-7 loss to the Patriots.

Damn shame. He's a great player. Word is he might be out of Miami after this year. I would LOVE to steal him away from the Phins and watch him wreak havoc with Bowles next year.  He supposedly was very very close to Kacy Rodgers too.

Damn shame. He's a great player. Word is he might be out of Miami after this year. I would LOVE to steal him away from the Phins and watch him wreak havoc with Bowles next year.  He supposedly was very very close to Kacy Rodgers too.

idk. achilles injuries can diminish a players explosiveness. i'd stay away from this damaged goods. plus he will be 34

Archived