soft defensive scheme

jetsbull

watched  the first quarter in disbelief......our DB's played 10 yds off all WR's in MtoM coverage..lol  couldn't believe it ...they let the raiders play pitch and catch .....it was a joke ...I left the bar after the 2nd score.......have to question EVERYTHING at this point.

watched  the first quarter in disbelief......our DB's played 10 yds off all WR's in MtoM coverage..lol  couldn't believe it ...they let the raiders play pitch and catch .....it was a joke ...I left the bar after the 2nd score.......have to question EVERYTHING at this point.

The pitch and catch wasnt the problem, it was missing 4 tackles and turning a would-be two yard gain into a 59 yard score. 

The pitch and catch wasnt the problem, it was missing 4 tackles and turning a would-be two yard gain into a 59 yard score. 

I counted five misses on that play. Davis, Gilchrist, Marcus Williams, number 34 and last but not least Sheldon Richardson. The Jets looked like sh*t on toast defensively. Played with no intensity, desire or focus. Gotta blame that on Todd Bowles.  I am beginning to question whether he is head coaching material. Too laid back. This team needs an iron fist and a kick in the a$$, but I am not sure he is the guy to do it.

Apparently, according to Dick, they blitzed 61% of the time yesterday. And Carr handled it like a pro. It could be that teams have started to figure it out or it could just be that Carr is equipped like Brady to handle those blitzes.

Or that you can't call the same blitz packages down 2 dbs.  

if we didn't give cushions they would have beat us over the top.  the speed difference was incredible.

on 3rd and 2 ..3rd and 5 to be 7-10 yds off receivers (watch the game replay) ......a joke of a scheme. Felt as if Bowles had a bet on the raiders in the 1 st quarter.

Apparently, according to Dick, they blitzed 61% of the time yesterday. And Carr handled it like a pro. It could be that teams have started to figure it out or it could just be that Carr is equipped like Brady to handle those blitzes.

We can't get to the Qb when we blitz that is the problem.  It wasn't as if either brady or Carr had to unleash a hot read throw on every Single play.  Our ilbs are not super fast, we have no olbs with any real pass rushing ability and sending secondary in on blitzs is hyper risky, you do that the odd time.

on 3rd and 2 ..3rd and 5 to be 7-10 yds off receivers (watch the game replay) ......a joke of a scheme. Felt as if Bowles had a bet on the raiders in the 1 st quarter.

I know, I was half joking w/ my response. we got beat every way possible.

The Defense hasn't looked the same in a long time. Imagine if the Pats didn't drop 10 passes. That game would have looked a lot different. I haven't seen a pressure defense since week 2 actually. They may be blitzing 60% of all drop backs but it's not having a great affect. Hopefully David Harris and MO will start getting this team together. Stop dancing after sacks. Just get there. I wish Bowles would have Parcells come in and talk to these guys. There's some serious lack of accountability going on with the Defense. Remember in training camp they were talking about how special they could be!

I think the reality is the jets ran into 2 potent offenses and were made to look pedestrian moslty due to the lack of a pass rusher who can just beat his man or demands a double team

the raiders have a great o-line and carr played amazing.

Archived