Jets | Have Met with Auburn's Brown

SoFlaJets

- from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:04:19 -0800

Auburn RB Ronnie Brown said at the NFL Combine he has met with the New York

Wonder why since he'll be in teil and orange this year as it's almost a given that they're gonna take him with the second pick-he's being compared to Ladanian Tomlinson WITH a mean streak

LT has a mean streak... I mean, you did see the Nike commercial, where he's wearing that totally lame mask, right? :lol::lol:

Those commercials are the stupidest things ever. Just out of control stupid.

And I wonder who made the call to speak to Brown? At the very least it shows that the Jets are thinking RB on the first day.

Those commercials are the stupidest things ever. Just out of control stupid.

And I wonder who made the call to speak to Brown? At the very least it shows that the Jets are thinking RB on the first day.

I think the Jets'll tag a RB before the draft is over. They still need a third down back, and the heir to Curtis.

LT has a mean streak... I mean, you did see the Nike commercial, where he's wearing that totally lame mask, right? :lol::lol:

no they're saying IF LT had a mean streak he's be Ronnie Brown.I heard this assessment on one of my now 3 sports talk AM shows-might have been Joe Rose on the new station that's gonna be carrying the Dolphin games.BTW our old friend Howard David and Jim (Mad Dog) Mandich(AWWW RIIIGGHHHTTT MIAMI)and their flagship station WQAM lost the contract to air Fin games.Typical Florida-no sense orf tradition.Mad Dog has been the voice of Miami Dolphins' football for 13 seasons,and some idiot called the Howard David show and blamed HIM for QAM for losing the contract.

no they're saying IF LT had a mean streak he's be Ronnie Brown.I heard this assessment on one of my now 3 sports talk AM shows-might have been Joe Rose on the new station that's gonna be carrying the Dolphin games.BTW our old friend Howard David and Jim (Mad Dog) Mandich(AWWW RIIIGGHHHTTT MIAMI)and their flagship station WQAM lost the contract to air Fin games.Typical Florida-no sense orf tradition.Mad Dog has been the voice of Miami Dolphins' football for 13 seasons,and some idiot called the Howard David show and blamed HIM for QAM for losing the contract.

That was a big Coup, SoFla. What will WQAM do now? They lost a MAJOR breadwinner in the Dolphins and will find it hard to replace them. It only makes ESPN that much more popular anyway. More than likely, 790 will have to bring in some people to do the games, unless they find someone on their current staff. Rose said he doesn't want to do it.

I like 790, and OJ McDuffie and Rose are great. Le Retard is another story....

Is it me, or is it almost impossible to pick up the station after nightfall? I can't get a signal at home, in the office or in the car...

how about QAM with that station from Cuba bleeding over it all day and night?790 I get pretty clear up in Lake Worth/West Palm.I forget who's gonna do the games but it's an old 560 person I know-just forget which one.

the JETS staff might have just been doing research for future -

let's say ROnnie Brown doesn't pan out wherever he ends up and the JETS have a need at the RB position 5 years from now - and he's available - that interview 5 years previous could be a factor in the decision

or better yet let's imagine terry doesn't pan out in NY and he's the GM of some other team that needs to trade for a top RB and Ronnie Brown is one of the candidates

the combine is one big meet and greet and it doesn't always have to do with what's going on THIS year...

how about QAM with that station from Cuba bleeding over it all day and night?790 I get pretty clear up in Lake Worth/West Palm.I forget who's gonna do the games but it's an old 560 person I know-just forget which one.

Down here, all the latin stations come in clear as day, and drown out the stations I want to hear.

Funny thing is, when I was in NY, people would call Joe Benigno on the overnight,from as far south as South Carolina. They would always say that at night the NY stations come in very clear. In fact, from my AM, I can sometimes catch 1010 Wins. I think I'll get one of those shortwave radios....

let's say ROnnie Brown doesn't pan out wherever he ends up and the JETS have a need at the RB position 5 years from now - and he's available - that interview 5 years previous could be a factor in the decision

or better yet let's imagine terry doesn't pan out in NY and he's the GM of some other team that needs to trade for a top RB and Ronnie Brown is one of the candidates

the combine is one big meet and greet and it doesn't always have to do with what's going on THIS year...

Excellent points, Bit. It's all about networking. Learning about the player, his likes dislikes, strengths, weakness, etc can help you, especially if and when you play AGAINST him. Besides, you never you, maybe he falls to us. I highly doubt it, but players do fall. Maybe he falls, someone likes him and draft him in the teeens, we pull a trade.

It's best to cover all bases. I'm glad Terry had the staff meet him.

It's still interesting. I just can't imagine that all 26 teams met with Brown. Bradway has something up his sleeve here and I don't know if I'm comy with all that.

Archived