GAME BALLS Jets vs Titans

Larz

This game clarified a few things for me:

1) Brandon Marshall is the best WR the Jets have had since Maynard.  We have been starved for a guy like this since Keyshawn, latching desperately onto Braylon, Santonio, etc but this is the real deal, and while I loved Keyshawn's game, I think Marshall is better.  He does it all, even has a personal cloaking device to leave himself uncovered to start the second half.  It's so much fun to watch him because you actually believe he will get the first down when we need it.

2) Mo Wilkerson is the best DL the Jets have had since the Sack Exchange.  Another guy you should enjoy watching play because he's consistently top-5 at his position, arguably higher.

3) For years we have talked about 'if we only had a QB who was just good enough'.  We have that now.  Fitzpatrick isn't Rodgers/Brady good, but he is absolutely, without any doubt, good enough to win playoff games and maybe more, and he's peaking.  Last 3 games: 9 TDs, 0 INTs and a stellar QBR as a result. 

There are still probably eggs to be laid, but this team, now that it's healthy, can beat any team on any given Sunday without needing to defy the laws of physics.

Archived