Week 17 @ Buffalo

AFJF

I travel around the Northeast on business a lot and whenever I have to go to Buffalo, I cringe. It's definitely the worst sh*thole of a city in the northeast. If you like blocks and blocks of vacant lots, boarded up houses and rusting factories, then Buffalo is your place. The people are a bunch of dumb rednecks living in the 80's. I'll be glad when I never have to step foot in the wasteland again. Plus, I've been to a few games there in the past and would never go back ever again.

You're talking about the East Side .  Stay tuned,  those boarded houses are coming down little by little.  They're being replaced with new business buildings and condos -  branching from downtown to East Side.

I travel around the Northeast on business a lot and whenever I have to go to Buffalo, I cringe. It's definitely the worst sh*thole of a city in the northeast. If you like blocks and blocks of vacant lots, boarded up houses and rusting factories, then Buffalo is your place. The people are a bunch of dumb rednecks living in the 80's. I'll be glad when I never have to step foot in the wasteland again. Plus, I've been to a few games there in the past and would never go back ever again.

in Charlotte... We get thousands of young kids , literally every month, who leave Buffalo and upstate. They  love the city but when reality sets in, there are so few real jobs and they seek to leave.   When was the last time a start up company that went public was started in upstate NY?   It may be changing, with federal backing certainly, but upstate NY will never attract large employers who voluntarily move their IMO. tHis just in , Amazon is moving to Buffalo NY for their young talented people. ?

"Never bought into the downstate vs upstate thing"

I really didn't either.  When  I worked on the Paladino (friends with Carl and  family)  for Governor,  I got my lights knocked out by downstate folks.  It was not only Paladino that they hated,  it was the people here in Buffalo.  

lol, I got it the other way.  On more than a few trips got the hate from up staters who had no problem telling us they hated us "flat landers"

in Charlotte... We get thousands of young kids , literally every month, who leave Buffalo and upstate. They  love the city but when reality sets in, there are so few real jobs and they seek to leave.   When was the last time a start up company that went public was started in upstate NY?   It may be changing, with federal backing certainly, but upstate NY will never attract large employers who voluntarily move their IMO. tHis just in , Amazon is moving to Buffalo NY for their young talented people. ?

Here's a  few:  

1) LED Spirit, Inc. is an early stage research company that is new to New York State. Originally formed in Nevada - investment  $6,775, 000

2) The state is investing $750 million in SolarCity, while the company itself is investing $5 billion to create a production facility at Riverbend, a former brownfield site where  Republic Steel used to operate. The investment will create 5,000 jobs in New York State, 3,000 of which will permanently remain in Buffalo.

3) Soraa, a manufacturer of green LED lighting, has also agreed to invest $750 million and relocate its corporate research and development and manufacturing operations to Riverbend,  (location, Buffalo, NY) creating 375 jobs.

4) Harbor Center -  Pegula's  owns this   $170 Million Dollars -  http://www.harborcenter.com/

There are also numerous (10 or 11) smaller companies that do research/technology  moving in close to the  Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus 

I also read a report that the percentage of residents moving out of NY have decreased

I went to school in Upstate Ny. Syracuse, Alfred And the Finger LAkes.  Live in Fairax Virginia now.  Nice place to raise kids.  Once they are gone I'm moving to a beach .  Frolic with my people .

I live on Grand Island.  Really nice community.  Virginia seems like a really nice place to live.  I've been there many times.  There are days towards the end of the winter that I wouldn't mind living on a beach.  For years,  I took February vacations to Florida,  the Caribbean, etc.

Buffalo is a sh*thole.  Went to school there.  Couldnt wait for the breaks.  Its always cloudy and gloomy up there also.  Just a real depressing place to live imho unless you've lived there your whole life

If it was that bad,  why did you stay?  Plenty of SUNY Schools throughout NYS

When someone says it's always cloudy and gloomy upstate you should just ignore them. 

Theyre just busting or crazy

I went to school at SUNY Cortland and was stationed for four years at Fort Drum. It is miserable and gray. 

Fallout 5 could take place in Buffalo using Google Maps. 

With Buffalo officially OUT of the playoffs and Rex hanging by a thread, I wouldn't go near Buffalo for love or money. The fans are gonna be really pissed at Jets for letting go of Rex so that their dumb ass owner could scarf him right up. I think Rex will be an ex-Rex very soon after the Jets thump them to finish 11-5. And yes, I am predicting a win over New England. 

When someone says it's always cloudy and gloomy upstate you should just ignore them. 

Theyre just busting or crazy

Well,  it started out to be a nice brisk sunny day but at game time and going forward,  it became pretty gloomy.    My facebook page (Bills Mafia Group) is and has been exploding all day.  Here we are,  once again, out of the playoffs.  So sad.  

Well,  it started out to be a nice brisk sunny day but at game time and going forward,  it became pretty gloomy.    My facebook page (Bills Mafia Group) is and has been exploding all day.  Here we are,  once again, out of the playoffs.  So sad.  

But hey, look at the bright side.  You have Rex so you know someone's getting fired.  Rex will find a scapegoat. 

Im trying so hard not to say I told you so but.....  

Yes,  you did tell me so.  I'm an optimist.   I read earlier that Whaley wants to fire Roman because he's not using Sammy Watkins enough.  Give me a break.  If it wasn't for our Oline,  we'd be 2-12.  There's so much talent on our team,  it's really a sin to see where we ended up.  

Archived