Pandora's Box is now OPEN

Powpow

That was Richard Todd like. In fact, the situation was eerily similar to his INT vs. the Bills in that playoff loss.  This was a tough a Jet game to watch as I've ever seen.  

I take your word for it. I was in like first grade back then.

This game was a microcosm of the Jets history. Whenever they control their own destiny you couldn't shoot a bb up their butts with a bazooka. They get tight, make mistakes and then when they lose they breathe a sigh of relief that the pressure is now off. They can deal with the hate that comes afterward but not the pressure of the moment and until they get a HC that makes them fear HIM more than the invisible pressure it will go on and on and on. How does a team playing a division rival - and a hated one at that - with the playoffs on the line look so lost and unprepared? When they can answer that question, they will have turned a corner.

I can't remember a time jets ever consistently put teams away. Every loss is ugly and and every win is even uglier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This............and that........and the other.  10-6 my butt.  This team played more a like a 7-9  team.  Yea they improved from last years abomination BUT this was a big disappointment.  

My fear is the deception of a 10 win season doesnt create urgency to make too many changes.  Plus, they've got decisions in house they need to make that arent easy and could have a huge impact on the way they address FA. Especially considering our highest paid player literally retired on the field yesterday.  

My hope, is that unlike the other Head Coaches to come before Bowles, that not making the playoffs  in his first season lights a little fire to really assess what they've got and if they're right for this team.  My fear is that they sit on their hands, added a couple of savvy end of the road vets and hope they can have a similar but more successful season.

It's a real shame that outside of our 1st round picks the past few years, the Jets have added zero talent via the draft.  That's a big issue.  You just have to hope that Milliner, Amaro and Smith turn into something of value because if they dont, Mac has to pull of some miracles in the later rounds.  

That won't work. The Jets have a killer schedule next season with the likes of Arizona and Seattle, not to mention Pittsburgh and Indy. The biggest need for the Jets is for Todd Bowles to lay the plank down on those that laid down in this game. The Jets fooled us all once again, because they really aren't 10-6 good. Fitzpatrick may come back next year but he won't be nearly as good as he was this year. They need OL, LB and CB help and STILL need a franchise QB. But I still think that until Todd Bowles becomes a replica of Chuck Noll, and kicks some a$$,  the Jets will remain in a perpetual "cirlcing the runway" pattern.

That won't work. The Jets have a killer schedule next season with the likes of Arizona and Seattle, not to mention Pittsburgh and Indy. The biggest need for the Jets is for Todd Bowles to lay the plank down on those that laid down in this game. The Jets fooled us all once again, because they really aren't 10-6 good. Fitzpatrick may come back next year but he won't be nearly as good as he was this year. They need OL, LB and CB help and STILL need a franchise QB. But I still think that until Todd Bowles becomes a replica of Chuck Noll, and kicks some a$$,  the Jets will remain in a perpetual "cirlcing the runway" pattern.

I get it, trust me.  I'm not fooled by the record.  Teams win 10 games and regress all the time in this league.  We've seen it first hand, many times.

Like I said, you just have to hope the FO isnt fooled by this year either.  

I get it, trust me.  I'm not fooled by the record.  Teams win 10 games and regress all the time in this league.  We've seen it first hand, many times.

Like I said, you just have to hope the FO isnt fooled by this year either.  

The front office is also to blame for this. This is deeper than just poor execution and poor coaching.    

The front office is also to blame for this. This is deeper than just poor execution and poor coaching.    

Meh, I'm not going there, yet.  Not after one offseason.  Mac did a good damn job making this roster competitive via FA and trades. He completely revamped one of, if not the worst roster/s in the NFL.  Not that he deserves credit for Williams dropping to us, but he's an absolute stud and will be for a long time in the league.  So, I think Mac did a good job to make this roster NFL caliber.  If you compare it around the league, its right up there with anyone else.

You cant fault him for Idzik's complete waste of drafts or Tanny's whiffs.  

He's got his work cut out for him now.  He doesnt have endless amount of money like he did last season.  Should be interesting because like I said, he's got a ton of inhouse decisions to make that are crucial to the success of the team moving forward. 

what you said is so stupid it merits no response other than get a life.

I thought it made perfect sense.  The Jets were 4-12 in 2014. They got better.  Not good enough, but much better.  Trending upward.

There's no reason to over-think this.

This loss is all about Revis not shutting his guy down, and the coaches not adjusting... If Revis and the secondary doesn't get burned on 12+ third downs by Watkins, then the offense is never in a situation where they have to press. Then Fitz doesn't go all Fitzy, and we score the points we need to win. Pretty cut and dry.

The strength of the team, the defense, shrunk in the one game where any prideful defense would have wanted to put on an exhibition against their old, defensive-minded coach. They couldn't and didn't. 

We played Rex twice this year, and both times we stepped aside and let them dictate the game. They aren't doing anything remarkable, other than watching self-defeat.

I know it seemed like 156, but the Bills only converted 9 3rd downs. It was the 2 4th downs that caused me to lose my sh*t

The front office is to blame for building a team that was favored over the Bills?  Going into this offseason the Bills should have been expected to pummel us.

I thought it made perfect sense.  The Jets were 4-12 in 2014. They got better.  Not good enough, but much better.  Trending upward.

I know it seemed like 156, but the Bills only converted 9 3rd downs. It was the 2 4th downs that caused me to lose my sh*t

The front office is to blame for building a team that was favored over the Bills?  Going into this offseason the Bills should have been expected to pummel us.

Dude, stop making sense - you could get banned :-)

BTW, the fact that the Bills went for it on those 2 4th downs show that Rex is better at upsetting a team then winning meaningful games. Had this been a 1 and done game for him, he would have sat on the 2 point lead for the whole quarter.

Archived