Kenbrill Thompkins Was Not at Fault

JetBlue

Defender took a blind shot at the ball and got it. 

Throw took too long to get there and Thompkins shouldnt have waited for the ball. If that was a legit receiver, he snatches the ball early and cuts up field for a TD.

Im sure if he had a rewind feature like your madden game that is exactly what he would have done on the play.

Didn't play like a jag to me.  Bet no one was calling him a jag when he caught that sidelong pass

not slamming the guy. it would have been a very difficult catch. defender made a great play. but on the catch you stated above, he almost dropped that pass. juggled it and luckily gained control.

not slamming the guy. it would have been a very difficult catch. defender made a great play. but on the catch you stated above, he almost dropped that pass. juggled it and luckily gained control.

I could care less that he bobbled that pass.  He caught it.  Lots of passes are bobbled by lots of different really good WRs. 

What's with the vitriol directed at either Kerley OR Thompkins?  They are what they are.  Kerley is a slot guy with good hands but who also doesn't fit Gailey's scheme (he likes big receivers that can create matchup problems all over the field).  Thompkins was a midseason pickup who maximized his abilities when Devin Smith got hurt, but by no means is someone we should want to/have to depend on. 

We likely won't have Kerley on the roster next season, and Kenbrell is probably something like 60:40 to stick around depending on what happens this offseason.

Im sure if he had a rewind feature like your madden game that is exactly what he would have done on the play.

I wouldnt be so critical of Thompkins as much, and dont blame him for the loss, but the guy has only shown he can run in a straight line.

If that breakup on the catch is found as a gif then it would be perfect recap of our season.  We had it!  Almost! DAM!

Worse is after it was knocked out of his hands it popped up just out of his reach for a second shot at it. 

I wouldnt be so critical of Thompkins as much, and dont blame him for the loss, but the guy has only shown he can run in a straight line.

he had a few nice catches this season, the kid was cut from the Patriots I don't think we picked him up thinking he was going to be an all star but if he catches the ball half reliably he will be an asset for our depth chart.

Archived