Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

This is a delicious page full of mock outrage from JIF and Smash... apparently putting the 80 lynch on me?

When I connected JIF and Smash it got no traction. 

When I lumped 80 in loosely with them, as an experiment... people had no problem jumping all over it on that train. That lynch reeked. I wasn't online when 80 got run up, but there was no question in my mind at the time that JIF was being bailed out further. 

Now JIF and Smash are setting up the D2 narrative. I hope the town has a vig and shoots either JIF or me. It would be the right play from an informational standpoint.

JIF's alignment gives insight into reviewing the D1 votes and trains. My alignment removes me from the D2 dynamics of scum trying to use my D1 play to frame me, and it gives insight into the case logic I provided. 

Good lynch. 80, JIF and Smash were the trifecta for me there.

I would have gone with JIF first, only because of the lengths I thought some people were going to to keep him alive. That said, I think 80 showed his ass, pretty plainly, as I pointed out at the time... and 80's alignment will help me better solidify whether my connect-the-dots theory is credible or bunk.

you are unbelievable. I'm not feeling you as scum, but it's shameful how you've completely changed position from post lynch / pre reveal to now, in less then a day,  and makes it hard to take you seriously

I do agree pinning this on you is bs however

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ape trying to play all angles and cover all options.  Prob scum.

There you go... step right into it.

you are unbelievable. I'm not feeling you as scum, but it's shameful how you've completely changed position from post lynch / pre reveal to now, in less then a day,  and makes it hard to take you seriously

I can accept that. I think you might be one of the few here who is capable of understanding the dynamics of what I try to do... but your ego doesn't want to let you acknowledge it. It's all good. The bold part is the only relevant observation I'd hoped you'd make.

imo this is more typical of him as town.. call everyone scum at one point or another to line up the post game bumps and i told you so's

I don't, and haven't done, the post game score-keeping thing in years. In fact, I only gloated after one game in recent memory and it was at Pac's expense, so it was justifiable. I usually send my true scum reads to the mod, just so that I can give them insight into what I'm thinking vs. what I'm doing. You should mod a game, then you'd see what I mean.

If I actually thought 80 was scum, I might have voted him at some point, or tried to get him lynched. I didn't. Pay attention... my efforts to try and bluff scum aren't exactly a new technique, for me.

Instead of being petty, you should go read D1 over with me... and then we can isolate the nuancy-type things that usually lead to scum, because that's how I catch scum... not by connecting the dots, lol.

There you go... step right into it.

I can accept that. I think you might be one of the few here who is capable of understanding the dynamics of what I try to do... but your ego doesn't want to let you acknowledge it. It's all good. The bold part is the only relevant observation I'd hoped you'd make.

I don't, and haven't done, the post game score-keeping thing in years. In fact, I only gloated after one game in recent memory and it was at Pac's expense, so it was justifiable. I usually send my true scum reads to the mod, just so that I can give them insight into what I'm thinking vs. what I'm doing. You should mod a game, then you'd see what I mean.

If I actually thought 80 was scum, I might have voted him at some point, or tried to get him lynched. I didn't. Pay attention... my efforts to try and bluff scum aren't exactly a new technique, for me.

Instead of being petty, you should go read D1 over with me... and then we can isolate the nuancy-type things that usually lead to scum, because that's how I catch scum... not by connecting the dots, lol.

meh, you make note of where you were right. It's not as flagrant as it used to be but you never fail to call out what you "nailed". This is besides the point however, as I am reading you covering all basis as town tell, regardless of whether we disagree on your intent (insecurity, lol) 

I have some high level ideas for day 2, i do not like how quickly 80 was hammered, without even talk of reveal, nor how crusher fatt'd around the lynch without committing.  I'm willing to bet there is 2 scum in those final 3 voters + crusher. I also see what you see on jif, particularly with that 1 post and how 80 was the alternative to jif and went very quickly once in range

This is a delicious page full of mock outrage from JIF and Smash... apparently putting the 80 lynch on me?

When I connected JIF and Smash it got no traction. 

When I lumped 80 in loosely with them, as an experiment... people had no problem jumping all over it on that train. That lynch reeked. I wasn't online when 80 got run up, but there was no question in my mind at the time that JIF was being bailed out further. 

Now JIF and Smash are setting up the D2 narrative. I hope the town has a vig and shoots either JIF or me. It would be the right play from an informational standpoint.

JIF's alignment gives insight into reviewing the D1 votes and trains. My alignment removes me from the D2 dynamics of scum trying to use my D1 play to frame me, and it gives insight into the case logic I provided. 

When did I put anything on you and where is my mock outrage?  What narrative am I'm creating?  And why is it all about me and Smash?  

The lynched reeked?  Yet, you approved it.  

You're full of straight lies this game.  It's disgusting.  

Lumping 80 with me and Smash was an experiment now?  wow.

This guy.  Holy sh*t.  Straight tunnel vision too.  Unreal.  

I would have gone with JIF first, only because of the lengths I thought some people were going to to keep him alive. That said, I think 80 showed his ass, pretty plainly, as I pointed out at the time... and 80's alignment will help me better solidify whether my connect-the-dots theory is credible or bunk.

But hey guys, now that 80 flipped town, that lynch like totally reeks. okay

lmfao

If he's town, this is why he isn't as effective as he likes to think he is.

I'm not pinning 80's lynch on Ape.....but I am saying that the way he's changing position this often is indicative of him being scum.  Townie Ape owns up to it more readily.

Is 80 officially the worst D1 player in the history of mafia or does that still belong to Jetsbabe?

Sucks we lost a power role.  It also sucks that after a long break, this community still has no imagination on D1.  80 vs. JiF.  So familiar, so lazy.

Me, you and 80, bro.  Game over. 

lol

What?  Alan Rickman too?  Both 69.  Shame.  Too young. 

Still listening to Bowie, non-stop.

Here are my posts, post the 80 lynch.  

Totally putting this on the Ape.  hahahaha

I literally blamed 80 for being terrible and the community for being lazy but somehow the Ape made it about him.  hahahahaha  It's too much.

I'm not pinning 80's lynch on Ape.....but I am saying that the way he's changing position this often is indicative of him being scum.  Townie Ape owns up to it more readily.

Dude, he planned this all. 

I have no clue what Ape is.  Town, mafia, 3rd party - whatever but he is entertaining to say the least. 

lmfao

Whats even more hilarious is this brainstorm happened on day freaking 1 ..I could understand if you had some vote's to go by maybe some buddying up but it was day one ...day one man ..its like practice.

I'm no better for listening, whenever I second guess myself in this game it comes back to bite me. Should have stayed true to my original idea even though it was not s strong case it certainly got the game moving which is always my intention

this is exactly how APE got nailed the last time he was scum and I think it was day 1 as well or maybe day 2.

Distancing.

Distancing.

Scum nuance: see if he can get Ape suspicious that someone is "getting behind me", we've seen this before from scum

Scum nuance: buddying Ape, 80

My comments to 80. At this point, if I thought he was scum, I would have voted him. I didn't. I know how 80 plays when he has a role.

Follow-on thought, when I decided to use my town read on 80 to draw out scum. Again, this early, I see a "ping" and don't vote him? I'm bluffing. 

This entire post in an indictment when you weight it up against JIF's actual D1 actions. ^^^

Me talking to JIF>

Scum nuance: Placing a vote and attributing it to another player, thereby dismissing any accountability for it.

Me talking to JIF about his false meta comments about me.

Verbal gets to 4 votes... Pac swoops in and votes for an absolute patsy.

Scum nuance: Verbal outline what could be a case/accusation on 80, but not going after him. It's like he hung it out there to get someone else to run with it.

FINAL Vote Count

80 (7) - Nyn , JiF, Verbal, Ballin, Lizzie, JC, Smash
JiF (3) - Ape, CTM, 80
Lizzie (1) - Pac
No Lynch (1) - Nol

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

My responses somehow got nested in with the vote count.

More re-read later... ran out of time.

meh, you make note of where you were right. It's not as flagrant as it used to be but you never fail to call out what you "nailed". This is besides the point however, as I am reading you covering all basis as town tell, regardless of whether we disagree on your intent (insecurity, lol) 

I have some high level ideas for day 2, i do not like how quickly 80 was hammered, without even talk of reveal, nor how crusher fatt'd around the lynch without committing.  I'm willing to bet there is 2 scum in those final 3 voters + crusher. I also see what you see on jif, particularly with that 1 post and how 80 was the alternative to jif and went very quickly once in range

Yea, that's fine.

The stuff I just bumped was about JIF and Verb. I'll have to revisit it. I also see what you do with Crusher.

Yes.  I should have committed to a lynch I did not support.  I kept an eye on it because of the time constraints.  I do agree with the rapid momentum shift at the end from Jif to 80.  

When did I put anything on you and where is my mock outrage?  What narrative am I'm creating?  And why is it all about me and Smash?  

The lynched reeked?  Yet, you approved it.  

You're full of straight lies this game.  It's disgusting.  

Lumping 80 with me and Smash was an experiment now?  wow.

This guy.  Holy sh*t.  Straight tunnel vision too.  Unreal.  

The way the lynch went down did reek. And yes, I approve of an 80 lynch in that spot, because it was informative. These things are not mutually exclusive. 

The rest of this post is puke. GFY

But hey guys, now that 80 flipped town, that lynch like totally reeks. okay

lmfao

You're spinning the meaning here... the way that everyone suddenly flooded to him, and hammered him before a reveal, did reek. I'm okay with a dead 80, because of the interplay people had with him D1, that makes it an informative death, even if I wasn't leaning scum on him. I don't mind losing a townie or two early for info... this is the same pragmatic premise of why I offered myself as lynch. I knew my death could be informative.

Keep selling it though... 

Keep setting it up...

Whats even more hilarious is this brainstorm happened on day freaking 1 ..I could understand if you had some vote's to go by maybe some buddying up but it was day one ...day one man ..its like practice.

I'm no better for listening, whenever I second guess myself in this game it comes back to bite me. Should have stayed true to my original idea even though it was not s strong case it certainly got the game moving which is always my intention

Keep setting it up... 

Yea, that's fine.

The stuff I just bumped was about JIF and Verb. I'll have to revisit it. I also see what you do with Crusher.

I'm curious how many times you're going to change your position on me in this game - I feel like a slut, lol.  Did you even buy me dinner first?

Keep setting it up...

You have no idea what you're doing.

I'm curious how many times you're going to change your position on me in this game - I feel like a slut, lol.  Did you even buy me dinner first?

You have no idea what you're doing.

What difference does it make how many times I appear to change my mind? And what does that have to do with my alignment?

I know exactly what I'm doing... I'm sorry I don't want to explain it for you.

You're beginning to sound sour, as though you and your scum team thought you might be able to leverage me as a destructive townie... and now I flipped the script on you, and you're all salty. 

The way the lynch went down did reek. And yes, I approve of an 80 lynch in that spot, because it was informative. These things are not mutually exclusive. 

The rest of this post is puke. GFY

You're spinning the meaning here... the way that everyone suddenly flooded to him, and hammered him before a reveal, did reek. I'm okay with a dead 80, because of the interplay people had with him D1, that makes it an informative death, even if I wasn't leaning scum on him. I don't mind losing a townie or two early for info... this is the same pragmatic premise of why I offered myself as lynch. I knew my death could be informative.

Keep selling it though... 

I honestly cant even follow you anymore you're contradicting yourself so much and making so much sh*t up.  haha

Just for time line purposes because I'm baffled by the Ape right now.

Below is the hammer at 7:24pm 

Time to Hammer 80's ass I said I could do either him or JIF so 80 its is

Unvote Hammer 80 please

Below is Ape's response, after the hammer fully seeing, watching and monitoring the speed of the momentum shift to JF80 @ 7:37pm

Notice how it was a good lynch then but now it reeks?

weird.  

I also like how he hedged with, "good lynch" but I would have gone with JiF first.  lmfao

This is too much.

Just for time line purposes because I'm baffled by the Ape right now.

Below is the hammer at 7:24pm 

Below is Ape's response, after the hammer fully seeing, watching and monitoring the speed of the momentum shift to JF80 @ 7:37pm

Notice how it was a good lynch then but now it reeks?

weird.  

I also like how he hedged with, "good lynch" but I would have gone with JiF first.  lmfao

This is too much.

You're working really hard to make this into something... and yet, you aren't really calling me scum. I feel like your subconscious is betraying you. You're fanning the "what in the hell is Ape doing" flames, but you are safe-guarding. A scum-hunting JIF doesn't tippy-toe around me like this... I mean, I'm making it as easy as can be.

As for your accusation... I explained this, 80 was a good lynch, there were several times on D1 that he caught heat, people voted him, and he was the competing train with you. I voted you. I want you dead. However, 80's lynch - regardless of his alignment - in my mind was a good lynch. It would prove to be informative and for my own selfish purposes would provide context for my suspicions towards you. It is possible to have a good lynch on a townie, it is also possible to feel a lynch was good if your agenda is to gain information and context for D1 activities. 

I'm not lying. This is the second time you've tried to spin something basic that I've said as lying. My statements come from a pragmatic scumhunter's point of view... however, with you being scum, it's likely you aren't empathizing with that point of view and are simply seeing "opportunity" to paint a townie as a liar. 

In summary... No scum player is going to outright say "good lynch" and then backtrack like you are suggesting. The keen eye should observe that you aren't concluding that I am scum. You are fanning flames, but leaving enough room to detach yourself from my death, when I inevitably flip town.

Because... I am town.

What difference does it make how many times I appear to change my mind? And what does that have to do with my alignment?

I know exactly what I'm doing... I'm sorry I don't want to explain it for you.

You're beginning to sound sour, as though you and your scum team thought you might be able to leverage me as a destructive townie... and now I flipped the script on you, and you're all salty. 

Um, okay.  Then why wouldn't I just shrug and move on to something else?  Why get salty in the thread about it and not just on my scum QT?  You are making silly statements that have zero sense.

You're working really hard to make this into something... and yet, you aren't really calling me scum. I feel like your subconscious is betraying you. You're fanning the "what in the hell is Ape doing" flames, but you are safe-guarding. A scum-hunting JIF doesn't tippy-toe around me like this... I mean, I'm making it as easy as can be.

As for your accusation... I explained this, 80 was a good lynch, there were several times on D1 that he caught heat, people voted him, and he was the competing train with you. I voted you. I want you dead. However, 80's lynch - regardless of his alignment - in my mind was a good lynch. It would prove to be informative and for my own selfish purposes would provide context for my suspicions towards you. It is possible to have a good lynch on a townie, it is also possible to feel a lynch was good if your agenda is to gain information and context for D1 activities. 

I'm not lying. This is the second time you've tried to spin something basic that I've said as lying. My statements come from a pragmatic scumhunter's point of view... however, with you being scum, it's likely you aren't empathizing with that point of view and are simply seeing "opportunity" to paint a townie as a liar. 

In summary... No scum player is going to outright say "good lynch" and then backtrack like you are suggesting. The keen eye should observe that you aren't concluding that I am scum. You are fanning flames, but leaving enough room to detach yourself from my death, when I inevitably flip town.

Because... I am town.

This is the funniest sh*t I've read all day.  You're all over the place with contradictions galore.  It's all good buddy.  I'm working really hard to do something by pointing out very simple sh*t.  lmfao.  

What do you want me to do?  Vote you?  I did yesterday and maybe I would right now, maybe I wouldnt.  Maybe I think you're scum, maybe I dont.   Probably not going to say either way because its night and stuff but you make this game fun and I thank you for that.

This is the funniest sh*t I've read all day.  You're all over the place with contradictions galore.  It's all good buddy.  I'm working really hard to do something by pointing out very simple sh*t.  lmfao.  

What do you want me to do?  Vote you?  I did yesterday and maybe I would right now, maybe I wouldnt.  Maybe I think you're scum, maybe I dont.   Probably not going to say either way because its night and stuff but you make this game fun and I thank you for that.

HUH.  Thought you quit. Welcome back.

Um, okay.  Then why wouldn't I just shrug and move on to something else?  Why get salty in the thread about it and not just on my scum QT?  You are making silly statements that have zero sense.

Because my arrogance brings the stupid out of you.

Archived