Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

eh, I'm disappointed in you... you know I am measured as scum, and this way as town. 

Smash and JIF, and they're setting up the "Ape got himself lynched because he sucks at mafia" defense for after I flip town.

defense based on fact. Telling us to kill you to prove yourself is such a bitch move. Plus it doesn't stand up to basic reason. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, right... that's as believable as Crusher ignoring a cheese-stuff, bacon-wrapped, rack of ribs because salad.

Funny enough.  That does happen.  Mrs Crusher always baits me.  She will make yummy steak and fries and right before I get ready to do damage she yells from the kitchen, "Do you want salad?"  I always say yes because if not I have to eat my steak with the, "You need to eat better lecture." 

I was feeling town for ape until this post. Goading Smash into a meltdown is not pro town, we all know it's an easy thing to do and this is the second time ape did it, this time with a vote for added effect. On the other hand it could be typical Ape OMGUS noobish behavior he's never evolved past

Interesting take.

I called Smash stupid after his horrible case about "diametric opposition". Because it was a horrible case.

He rebutted with emo, and an attempt to drag the thread down into a debate over past game accomplishments. This is scum 101: if Ape gets on you, get him to drown himself out by attacking his "insecurity". You wrote the book on it. I have, however, evolved and am wary of it.

Now your interpretation is that I'm the one responsible for making an attempt to derail the thread? 

No observation about JIF ignoring Smash's off-meta play, or JIF dismissing interactions that he'd normally want to observe as a scum hunter? 

Remarkable. 

I explained that Verbals explanation was good enough for now.  Rather clear.  He was referring to discussing an Ape day 1 lynch being boring.  Sorta like, "Is the Ape dead yet."  I took it as the actually process of getting the Ape lynch on Day 1 being anything but boring because the Ape is a wild filthy animal.  Uber townie mode?  Really?  Please dude.  You are trying too hard.  Verbal was at L2 before most people even made a mark on the game.  never a good idea.  In the mean time I read his defense and accepted it.  You say Uber townie I say just playing mafia. 

Once you have something worth reading I would like to read it as well.

i still don't get why Verbal saying something stupid makes him scummy. Can you explain that, you also flipped quickly despite him basically saying the same stupid sh*t over and over albeit more vaguely

Don't think i've forgotten about you my tubby friend

Rest of the game ? After the recent APE posts my vote stays on him.

What else on day one would you like me to post about ?

Anything else.  Your vendetta with the Ape is making my eyes bleed.

Cool.  Thoughts on the rest of the game.  Now.

I gave you my thoughts on APE and I answered your question are you just trying to be annoying now or what ? I'm not the type of player that gives 50 rundowns on who is scum and who is not this early in the process, you know this yet continue to push. I have no thoughts on other players to share ATM if that's ok with you.

ehh w/e, I'm in no rush but you're a bit all over the place and already claiming to have id'd 3 scum. Lots of non pro town stuff from you the last few pages

I know what I'm doing, and how it looks. I get frustrated when I cannot impart the obvious. 

I like to get it right. In that regard, I haven't changed.

Pac and Crusher nowhere to be found.  Nolder still holding fast to his worthless No Lynch vote while probably planning to sleep through the deadline.  All that's left is a fap-fest between Ape, Smash and LK.  Good work guys.

Posted an hour ago.  What you wanna hug me or something?

What exactly are you referring too ? I said right now I feel you to be playing scummy . I don't have much to say about other players and I wont be forced just to simply answer 80's question with no basis. We are getting some nice content and I don't have much else to say about other players on day one. Sorry to dissapoint 

You use it being D1 as a crutch to avoid having to have to own statements later in the game.

"I feel you to be playing scummy" is a case? lmfao... unreal.

Interesting take.

I called Smash stupid after his horrible case about "diametric opposition". Because it was a horrible case.

He rebutted with emo, and an attempt to drag the thread down into a debate over past game accomplishments. This is scum 101: if Ape gets on you, get him to drown himself out by attacking his "insecurity". You wrote the book on it. I have, however, evolved and am wary of it.

Now your interpretation is that I'm the one responsible for making an attempt to derail the thread? 

No observation about JIF ignoring Smash's off-meta play, or JIF dismissing interactions that he'd normally want to observe as a scum hunter? 

Remarkable. 

You called smash dumb, then double downed on it and the voted. In one sense, you are calling smash dumb and voting him for the same thing " his horrible case about "diametric opposition". "

So which is it? Is he dumb or scum? While it's true he could be both, it seems you are calling him dumb for thinking you are scum based on not understanding a word, but at the same time if he was scum this wouldn't necessarily be dumb, at least not in the what you are characterizing it ( you are at the same time saying he's scum and saying he's dumb for thinking you are scum which would suggest you think he's a townie)

My read on this is potentially that you think smash is a dumb townie and are calling him dumb to goad him. If you thought he was scum trying to make a poor case on you, I don't understand how the whole dumb angle could be town like behavior.

i still don't get why Verbal saying something stupid makes him scummy. Can you explain that, you also flipped quickly despite him basically saying the same stupid sh*t over and over albeit more vaguely

Was my second vote of the game.  Stood out because the ape is anything but boring in this game.  Flipped quick because Verbals explanation was reasonable.  Plus my early votes are more to get a reaction than anything else.  Verbals train was too quick, too early. Liizzy and 80 and then Ballin very eager to jump on.  Funny you are focusing on an opinion of my opinion and not the effect of the play.  My vote is currently on Ballin because it seemd like he was almost told to jump on at that point.  I know he wont get voted off as a rookie this early but nonetheless that is everything I got for you. 

Was my second vote of the game.  Stood out because the ape is anything but boring in this game.  Flipped quick because Verbals explanation was reasonable.  Plus my early votes are more to get a reaction than anything else.  Verbals train was too quick, too early. Liizzy and 80 and then Ballin very eager to jump on.  Funny you are focusing on an opinion of my opinion and not the effect of the play.  My vote is currently on Ballin because it seemd like he was almost told to jump on at that point.  I know he wont get voted off as a rookie this early but nonetheless that is everything I got for you. 

yes well that is the second thing, you went from in the mix to basically burying your vote.

Thoughts on ape/smash?

You use it being D1 as a crutch to avoid having to have to own statements later in the game.

"I feel you to be playing scummy" is a case? lmfao... unreal.

APE LOOK when I said I feel you to be playing a little scummy earlier I was NOT MAKING A GOD DAMN CASE. How many times do I have to explain that ????? There was NO CASE just a feeling yet you keep ******* pushing .

yes well that is the second thing, you went from in the mix to basically burying your vote.

Thoughts on ape/smash?

OK dude.

Day 1 bickering.  Ape seems to be doing his typical declaring himself the smartest player and anyone that disagrees with him is dumb, anybody who disagrees again is scum.  Smash seems way more interested in fighting with the Ape than trying to find scum. I know its day 1 but Smash verses Ape does not produce usable content.  Just mucks the game up.  The process itself is anti-town in my opinion.    Ape self voting come off as frustrated and aggravated town.  While i was typing the computer is telling me Smash replied... no doubt more useless rattling his tin cup against the Apes cage.

Pac and Crusher nowhere to be found.  Nolder still holding fast to his worthless No Lynch vote while probably planning to sleep through the deadline.  All that's left is a fap-fest between Ape, Smash and LK.  Good work guys.

That makes you and I the level-headed ones.  How scary is that?

Ape has kind of had a meltdown here, not sure what to make of it. Want to see how others react.

Going to unvote temporarily, but i'm more then happy to move back there after seeing others way in

FYI, the last time he did this early on (a game where Nolder and I went @ him early), he ended up scum.

I didn't say anything stupid - not my fault you can't comprehend what I meant.  Others did, so I rest my case.  Stop doing drugs.

FFS Crusher, I said a D1 Ape lynch was boring, not the player himself.  My explanation was reasonable because my initial statement was both reasonable and subjective - you can't case me because I feel something is boring.

Vote Count

Ape (4) - Smash, CTM, JiF, Lizzie
Nol (2) - Verb, JC
Verb (1) - Ballin
Smash (1) - 80
Lizzie (1) - Pac
80 (1) - Nyn 
No Lynch (1) - Nol
Ballin (1) - Crushlove
JC (1) - JiF
JiF (1) - Ape

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

Vote Count

Ape (4) - Smash, CTM, JiF, Lizzie
Nol (2) - Verb, JC
Verb (1) - Ballin
Smash (1) - 80
Lizzie (1) - Pac
80 (1) - Nyn 
No Lynch (1) - Nol
Ballin (1) - Crushlove
JC (1) - JiF
JiF (1) - Ape

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

AVM I believe CTM took his vote off the APE

A bit too early in the season for him to be having a "everyone but me sucks at Mafia and I might as well get lynched" type of meltdown for sure.  But I'm leaning towards frustrated town approaching a deadline, nonetheless.  Not willing to place my vote there at this time.

If Dan were here, she'd tell you you're right.

I'm frustrated, but I'm not melting down... I'm trying to figure out a way to make people see what I see. Countless times I've had guys like SMC, Smash, JC, Slats... pinned down, and it seemed so obvious to me, and I can't figure out a way to get people to see it. 

Normally, I have almost no respect for the self-vote move, but given the deadline and the low participation rate... I thought of it as a very pragmatic option to offer up.

APE LOOK when I said I feel you to be playing a little scummy earlier I was NOT MAKING A GOD DAMN CASE. How many times do I have to explain that ????? There was NO CASE just a feeling yet you keep ******* pushing .

What's the difference? You're glomming onto semantics. 

"I have a feeling in my gut" is just as much a case, as "Ape lied", or "Ape is melting down", or "Ape is lazy". None of these are long, logic-driven cases, but they are reasons to be pushing my lynch along... therefore referring to them as your "case" or "reason" is viable.

I've actually put more work into this game than anyone, and into my cases... yet the OMGUS rebuttal, that people are actually buying into is that I'm being lazy. It's a blatant contradiction of fact, and it's actually passing the test with these other dopes. 

I don't know how I'm coming across right now, but the intention is: I'm flabbergasted that people who have played this game so much, can let so much pass right under their noses.

FYI, the last time he did this early on (a game where Nolder and I went @ him early), he ended up scum.

I didn't say anything stupid - not my fault you can't comprehend what I meant.  Others did, so I rest my case.  Stop doing drugs.

FFS Crusher, I said a D1 Ape lynch was boring, not the player himself.  My explanation was reasonable because my initial statement was both reasonable and subjective - you can't case me because I feel something is boring.

Bold: Ape melting down has happened a few times in the last year, the most notable was the game you were his emo-adversary. He actually quit there, but he was actually town if I remember correctly.

I really just chalk it up to him being a thin-skinned, impatient tw@t, which means it would be null.

My question to you, is do you think he's acting Super-Townie? I think so, and I don't like the puppet-master act he's pulling either.

I already explained exactly that.  Can I case you for posting and rehashing crap rather thabn scum  hunting? 

OK dude.

Day 1 bickering.  Ape seems to be doing his typical declaring himself the smartest player and anyone that disagrees with him is dumb, anybody who disagrees again is scum.  Smash seems way more interested in fighting with the Ape than trying to find scum. I know its day 1 but Smash verses Ape does not produce usable content.  Just mucks the game up.  The process itself is anti-town in my opinion.    Ape self voting come off as frustrated and aggravated town.  While i was typing the computer is telling me Smash replied... no doubt more useless rattling his tin cup against the Apes cage.

Yes.

What's the difference? You're glomming onto semantics. 

"I have a feeling in my gut" is just as much a case, as "Ape lied", or "Ape is melting down", or "Ape is lazy". None of these are long, logic-driven cases, but they are reasons to be pushing my lynch along... therefore referring to them as your "case" or "reason" is viable.

I've actually put more work into this game than anyone, and into my cases... yet the OMGUS rebuttal, that people are actually buying into is that I'm being lazy. It's a blatant contradiction of fact, and it's actually passing the test with these other dopes. 

I don't know how I'm coming across right now, but the intention is: I'm flabbergasted that people who have played this game so much, can let so much pass right under their noses.

Exactly. You're trying WAY harder than anyone else here.

What game?

When you say "did this", what exactly do you mean? I always fight tooth and nail for my cases when I'm town. I always fight tooth and nail muddling cases against me when I'm scum. I'm doing the former, not the latter. 

Check yo'self.

Bold: Ape melting down has happened a few times in the last year, the most notable was the game you were his emo-adversary. He actually quit there, but he was actually town if I remember correctly.

I really just chalk it up to him being a thin-skinned, impatient tw@t, which means it would be null.

My question to you, is do you think he's acting Super-Townie? I think so, and I don't like the puppet-master act he's pulling either.

I'm not melting down, but congratulations on letting yourself be told that by some people.

Everything I'm doing right now is measured. With death will come context, and my actions now will prove fruitful to anyone willing to reread this part of D1 in context.

It's really quite simple. I'm an emotional player, but I don't get emotional without designs to help the greater good.

Exactly. You're trying WAY harder than anyone else here.

Can someone tell this idiot?

EDIT: Effort is not a scum tell, not for me. You need to learn the part of mafia where you don't necessarily need to suspect everything you don't understand. If you can figure that out, you will actually get better at this. Seriously.

1) it also happened in last or second to last game last season

2) I'm aware, I clearly said I know what you meant but you phrased it stupidly 

What game?

When you say "did this", what exactly do you mean? I always fight tooth and nail for my cases when I'm town. I always fight tooth and nail muddling cases against me when I'm scum. I'm doing the former, not the latter. 

Check yo'self.

I was thinking of the self-vote.  Actual meltdown hasn't occurred yet, obviously, but the self-vote I thought came when you were scum (I think it usually does for you).

I gave you my thoughts on APE and I answered your question are you just trying to be annoying now or what ? I'm not the type of player that gives 50 rundowns on who is scum and who is not this early in the process, you know this yet continue to push. I have no thoughts on other players to share ATM if that's ok with you.

That's cool.  My vote stays on you then until the deadline, unless of course people would like to punish Pac for HIS disappearing act.  Otherwise, there's been plenty of content to discuss in these 20+ pages, and your entire focus is on the Ape.  No bueno.

Archived