Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

Ape has kind of had a meltdown here, not sure what to make of it. Want to see how others react.

Going to unvote temporarily, but i'm more then happy to move back there after seeing others way in

FYI, the last time he did this early on (a game where Nolder and I went @ him early), he ended up scum.

I was thinking of the self-vote.  Actual meltdown hasn't occurred yet, obviously, but the self-vote I thought came when you were scum (I think it usually does for you).

There's nothing in the original CTM quote about Ape's self-voting. You agreed to Ape melting down.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**Fixed the issue for CTM -- it wouldn't be the full AVM experience without a massacred VC or 9000.  Thanks Smash**

Vote Count

Ape (3) - Smash, JiF, Lizzie
Nol (2) - Verb, JC
Verb (1) - Ballin
Smash (1) - 80
Lizzie (1) - Pac
80 (1) - Nyn 
No Lynch (1) - Nol
Ballin (1) - Crushlove
JC (1) - JiF
JiF (1) - Ape

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

I'm really disappointed in the lot of you.

Instead of rolling up your sleeves and looking at the logic and meta I've used in my cases. You're all seemingly taking a superficial look at effort and emotion and forming judgements out of that. How many times have you played this game? How many times is emotion a determinant of alignment? In contrast, how many times is bad logic, false meta, and the nuance of influencing momentum indicative of alignment? 

Don't mistake this for emo, or whatever. This is contempt and frustration. To accept someone calling me lazy and falsely saying that that is scum meta for me, is in fact a lazy way for you all to play. Nobody is more visible in these games than me, and you're going to accept spoonfed false-meta as a reason to vote me, rather than examining actual logic I've provided. 

I'm the fool here. I let my logic get buried beneath my disbelief in how easily JIF and Smash are passing off garbage to you all. I knew exactly what not to let them do, and I let them do it anyway. LOL

Now is the point in time where I point out that I didn't self-vote. I never unvoted. I wanted to see who jumped in behind me. That didn't work, but you know what is interesting? The way people suddenly surfaced to use me self-voting as further indictment.

But I digress... I guess it's probably too much to expect that anyone is going to analyze this sh*t later in the game.

I might as well post a picture of my balls.

The proper town play at this point would be to choose either Smash or JIF, and drive them up to have a competing train with mine. I mean we're several hours from a deadline, and nobody is consolidating, nobody is really doing anything than their best impression of mouth breathing and sniffing their own flatulence. 

What's the difference? You're glomming onto semantics. 

"I have a feeling in my gut" is just as much a case, as "Ape lied", or "Ape is melting down", or "Ape is lazy". None of these are long, logic-driven cases, but they are reasons to be pushing my lynch along... therefore referring to them as your "case" or "reason" is viable.

I've actually put more work into this game than anyone, and into my cases... yet the OMGUS rebuttal, that people are actually buying into is that I'm being lazy. It's a blatant contradiction of fact, and it's actually passing the test with these other dopes. 

I don't know how I'm coming across right now, but the intention is: I'm flabbergasted that people who have played this game so much, can let so much pass right under their noses.

See APE, here's the deal, I don't think the "gut feeling" is the same as an Ape lied or ape melted down at all.

The problem I had earlier was you kept saying I was trying to make a case on you when in fact I was not. Besides the argument about what you meant when saying Diametric Opposition I used the "gut feeling" comment to get a reaction from you and I got reaction, then you continued pushing the "smash is making a terrible weak case" ..... Is pushing for reaction considered making a case ? Or is it getting more info out of you ? You say you do it all the time, I do it just as much because its very effective in driving the game and also manipulating players. Now that being said since you kept pushing the idea I was making this case against you when I made no such claim it made me feel you to be acting scummy. Keep in mind my vote on you was placed very early in the game long before our little back and forth I just chose not to remove it and I felt you gave me no reason too as well.

I was thinking of the self-vote.  Actual meltdown hasn't occurred yet, obviously, but the self-vote I thought came when you were scum (I think it usually does for you).

What do you mean "usually"? I'm normally one of the most adamant critics of self-voting. I've done it once as a farce, when my spot was completely blown up. Never as a tactic beyond that... and I didn't do it today either.

FOS Verbal

The proper town play at this point would be to choose either Smash or JIF, and drive them up to have a competing train with mine. I mean we're several hours from a deadline, and nobody is consolidating, nobody is really doing anything than their best impression of mouth breathing and sniffing their own flatulence. 

Smash is just sitting there holding his d*ck saying "What do you guys want from me, again?", and no one wants him dead.  I don't get it.

unvote

vote Smash

First off I hate this quote system . Second Crush you are terrible at trying to annoy me, stop trying to be 80

So asking you a question is annoying you?  You hate the qoute system and that prevents you from doing anything other than quote the Ape? 

See APE, here's the deal, I don't think the "gut feeling" is the same as an Ape lied or ape melted down at all.

The problem I had earlier was you kept saying I was trying to make a case on you when in fact I was not. Besides the argument about what you meant when saying Diametric Opposition I used the "gut feeling" comment to get a reaction from you and I got reaction, then you continued pushing the "smash is making a terrible weak case" ..... Is pushing for reaction considered making a case ? Or is it getting more info out of you ? You say you do it all the time, I do it just as much because its very effective in driving the game and also manipulating players. Now that being said since you kept pushing the idea I was making this case against you when I made no such claim it made me feel you to be acting scummy. Keep in mind my vote on you was placed very early in the game long before our little back and forth I just chose not to remove it and I felt you gave me no reason too as well.

I use "making a case" to describe any suggestion of suspicion or guilt. Again, I think you're delving into semantics. 

The case for a vote. The case for suspicion. The case for your gut feeling. It's all the same to me. 

My initial take on your "gut feeling" was that you were looking to get a read on me, and me flipping you off was the result. I know when you voted. Nothing you did was sly, it was blatant. As was my reaction, and subsequent play. I'm trying to draw sh*t out... I don't have a full read on you yet, but there's an aspect to my case that I'm comfortable with, which is why I'm voting JIF.

Let me ask you, does JIF normally shy away from coming at you if he's town? So, if you did something out-of-character like make a big D1 post, and he was town and it got his attention (which it did), wouldn't you expect townie JIF to then vote you? 

Instead, he put a lazy vote on JC. Then in typical scum JIF fashion, put an OMGUS vote on me, and then scampered off after a terrible defense. 

He should be the lynch today. No question in my mind.

That's cool.  My vote stays on you then until the deadline, unless of course people would like to punish Pac for HIS disappearing act.  Otherwise, there's been plenty of content to discuss in these 20+ pages, and your entire focus is on the Ape.  No bueno.

Unvote APE

Vote 80

You seem to blatantly be pushing to annoy me and scum have tried that before and failed, its extremely transparent. Disagreements are one thing, what you're doing is something totally different .

I'm not sure what has gotten into you but  WTF have you offered this game ? What do you think about everyone other than me ?

If you would have read the game I've offered thoughts on nearly every player.  But you haven't so I'm not going to go back and regurgitate everything I've said previously.   

Unvote APE

Vote 80

You seem to blatantly be pushing to annoy me and scum have tried that before and failed, its extremely transparent. Disagreements are one thing, what you're doing is something totally different .

And there it is, folks.  Your first game-related post that didn't have to do with a bro-off against the Ape.  Nice.

I use "making a case" to describe any suggestion of suspicion or guilt. Again, I think you're delving into semantics. 

The case for a vote. The case for suspicion. The case for your gut feeling. It's all the same to me. 

My initial take on your "gut feeling" was that you were looking to get a read on me, and me flipping you off was the result. I know when you voted. Nothing you did was sly, it was blatant. As was my reaction, and subsequent play. I'm trying to draw sh*t out... I don't have a full read on you yet, but there's an aspect to my case that I'm comfortable with, which is why I'm voting JIF.

Let me ask you, does JIF normally shy away from coming at you if he's town? So, if you did something out-of-character like make a big D1 post, and he was town and it got his attention (which it did), wouldn't you expect townie JIF to then vote you? 

Instead, he put a lazy vote on JC. Then in typical scum JIF fashion, put an OMGUS vote on me, and then scampered off after a terrible defense. 

He should be the lynch today. No question in my mind.

I think you're making very good points on JIF he had some sh*t to say to me earlier then went in another direction I'm also leaning 80 at this stage because he seems to be purposely trying to annoy me, its obvious, and not working... Crusher I think was messing around but I can wait for a response from him.

If you would have read the game I've offered thoughts on nearly every player.  But you haven't so I'm not going to go back and regurgitate everything I've said previously.   

The nonsense you post on day 1 is hilarious. I read every bit of this thread and know exactly what's going on.

I think you're making very good points on JIF he had some sh*t to say to me earlier then went in another direction I'm also leaning 80 at this stage because he seems to be purposely trying to annoy me, its obvious, and not working... Crusher I think was messing around but I can wait for a response from him.

And yet, at the time I originally made them... you had no reaction to them at all, and all you could see fit to do was pull my attention away from JIF, and cry about my word choice (which wasn't even questionable) and try to incite an argument over non-game-related nonsense... which is basically what you just accused 80 of doing to you as a scum tell.

You are spiraling.

And yet, at the time I originally made them... you had no reaction to them at all, and all you could see fit to do was pull my attention away from JIF, and cry about my word choice (which wasn't even questionable) and try to incite an argument over non-game-related nonsense... which is basically what you just accused 80 of doing to you as a scum tell.

You are spiraling.

Ape I did not have to respond to you're points on JIF ASAP I took them in just like every other post just be patient man geez

Not spiraling they are 2 different players and not really related imo.

FWIW I had no intention of pulling you away from JIF not in the least. My argument with you was between you and me it had no other motives behind it.

I like Ape's posts over the past few pages.  Sometimes I have to prod him to get a good read.  Feeling good about him now.

Smash I dont like. 

So, at this point, this is the biggest lie in the thread.

Recall, I accused JIF of stating falsely that "I go after JC early every game". At which point, he evaded confrontation. I pressed further on him, and he again worked to side-step my questions. It was only after I voted him, that he OMGUS voted me in return.

At no point did he "prod" me. He actually tried to avoid me.

Only now, after I pointed out that he always OMGUS votes me when he is scum, is he trying to reverse course on that. 

Blatant is as blatant does.

I can't promise that JIF, Smash and 80 are truly all connected, but I can assure you, I know exactly what JIF does to defend himself against me when he is scum, and this is it. He's scum.

Ape I did not have to respond to you're points on JIF ASAP I took them in just like every other post just be patient man geez

Not spiraling they are 2 different players and not really related imo.

FWIW I had no intention of pulling you away from JIF not in the least. My argument with you was between you and me it had no other motives behind it.

you just finished saying something about how you are always looking to do things to get reactions... so, your argument was just purely an argument (which is what I said you were trying to do), not designed to actually get reactions... which makes it contradictory to your stated play style... which justifies what I've been saying while casing you. 

Thanks.

Archived