I get trading Wilkerson in theory but...

k-met57

2 kids born to the same woman who decides to give them up for adoption . One kid goes to a wealthy family who gives him the best of everything and caters to his every need .  The other kid goes to a poor family who makes him works hard teaches him humility and how to survive in the tough times .  Did it really matter that both kids were not raise by their birth mother  . 

Cutler's career is what it is, but could it have been different if he had stayed with Shanahan in Denver along with Marshall for the majority of his career . 

using your analogy, Cutler going to the Jets would be like the woman smoking crack during the pregnancy. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was saddled with those loser weapnz in Denver and Chicago and never had a stud offense featuring Chaz Schillens, David Nelson and Greg Salas!

TradingPlaces.jpg

You didn't even watch the Jets opener?  For shame.  Didn't jump on the bandwagon until we looked like the wildcard?

you got me...

using your analogy, Cutler going to the Jets would be like the woman smoking crack during the pregnancy. 

Think back real hard, and then think about who we have had at QB since Chad .  Now try and remember who was at QB for the Jets when Herm finished his last yr with the Jets ?

Bit, we signed Favre .

Think back real hard, and then think about who we have had at QB since Chad .  Now try and remember who was at QB for the Jets when Herm finished his last yr with the Jets ?

Bit, we signed Favre .

it should be noted that Jay Cutler at pick 11 wasn't really in serious contention to be picked at pick 4. Brick was a blue chip player. Cutler wasn't. 

similarly the year Joe Flacco went 18, the Jets were picking Gholston at 6.  

Using hindsight, yeah they should have taken the QBs but it would have been a terrible reach  at the time

it should be noted that Jay Cutler at pick 11 wasn't really in serious contention to be picked at pick 4. Brick was a blue chip player. Cutler wasn't. 

similarly the year Joe Flacco went 18, the Jets were picking Gholston at 6.  

Using hindsight, yeah they should have taken the QBs but it would have been a terrible reach  at the time

Sorry Bit, but I had a woody for Cutler coming out of Vandy. No hindsight here. I wanted Cutler, Mangold and  O'neal the tackle from Auburn in that draft.        Oh well.

Sorry Bit, but I had a woody for Cutler coming out of Vandy. No hindsight here. I wanted Cutler, Mangold and  O'neal the tackle from Auburn in that draft.        Oh well.

This prompted me to go back and look at 2006 draft. The 4th rd that year was incredible.How about these 3 picks in a row   117 Jets Leon Washington  118 Pats Gostowski  119 Denver Brandon Marshall. 

Honestly Tin, Brick's had a better career than Cutler.  He's made Pro Bowls. He's never hurt. He's a better player all around. The only thing Cutler has on Brick is playing QB. Cutler's teammates, to a man, absolutely hate his guts. He's won nothing of significance. And no one was thinking Cutler was a legit option at 4. They'd have to trade down. 

And we all know what happened to Marcus McNeill. He started hot and for one year everyone thought he was better than Brick. Then it turns out the guy had a defective back and only played like 3 seasons before his body broke down. 

Honestly Tin, Brick's had a better career than Cutler.  He's made Pro Bowls. He's never hurt. He's a better player all around. The only thing Cutler has on Brick is playing QB. Cutler's teammates, to a man, absolutely hate his guts. He's won nothing of significance. And no one was thinking Cutler was a legit option at 4. They'd have to trade down. 

And we all know what happened to Marcus McNeill. He started hot and for one year everyone thought he was better than Brick. Then it turns out the guy had a defective back and only played like 3 seasons before his body broke down. 

Thank for correcting me on the kid's name bit. I couldn't remember it for the life of me, LOL. All you say is true, but I would have still love to see how Cutler's career and the jets fortunes would have turned out had we taken him . 

Archived