I get trading Wilkerson in theory but...

k-met57

You really think the league will overlook a player high on dope, with a gun in the car, evading police, going 143MPH with a 12-year old child in the car?

Good luck with that.

If there were any evidence at all that he was high, he would've been charged with a DWI. He wasn't. 

He sped, and eventually pulled over. In the end, it's a traffic ticket. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to keep Mo and Sheldon

Cap says no,  when you add in Williams and Snacks as well.It's either or, a decision has to be made. Richardson is a moron which is always cause for concern, but he's a better pass rusher. They all are gonna want to get paid once their rookie deals expire.  You cannot devote that much cap space to 1 unit. 

If there were any evidence at all that he was high, he would've been charged with a DWI. He wasn't. 

Oh, so we should feel better about his idiocy?  Please. He is lucky there so far is no reliable on site drug test for cops that has been accepted by American courts yet.Cop has to get a court order for a blood tests, and they only do that in cases of accidents in most states. 

He's a stupid moron, but one that so far is a better pass rusher than Mo. That's really the choice. WIlkerson is a more solid citizen and all around DL guy, but he isn't as good a rush guy as Richardson. Though given that offsides last week it's not a gimme decision. It could go either way, but it will be either or, not both. 

Oh, so we should feel better about his idiocy?  Please. He is lucky there so far is no reliable on site drug test for cops that has been accepted by American courts yet.Cop has to get a court order for a blood tests, and they only do that in cases of accidents in most states. 

He's a stupid moron, but one that so far is a better pass rusher than Mo. That's really the choice. WIlkerson is a more solid citizen and all around DL guy, but he isn't as good a rush guy as Richardson. Though given that offsides last week it's not a gimme decision. It could go either way, but it will be either or, not both. 

¿Que?

I was responding to the likelihood of him being suspended. Holy tangent, Batman. 

¿Que?

I was responding to the likelihood of him being suspended. Holy tangent, Batman. 

He's simply lucky there is no easy foolproof way for cops to test people for being high, unlike intoxication on booze. He was almost certainly driving while high and he is in fact a moron. 

The goal for 2016 is to improve by two games and challenge NE
for the AFC East.  To do that Maccagnan & Bowles will need to 
make hard decisions and evaluate our personnel critically.  We
didn't generate consistent pressure last year so I won't be 
shocked if we change our front seven, emphasizing our LB's next
year over our DLine.  If that's the case we'll need 2-3 speedy
LB's between free agency and the draft.  So trading Wilkerson
is definitely on the table particularly if you get a #1 like
we did when we traded Abraham to ATL back in 2006

Police report said there was a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car. Must have been that damn 12-year old kid.

He wasn't just speeding, he was evading the police going 143 MPH with his lights out with a 12-year old kid in the car.

Speeding is going 65 in a 55 zone, you don't see the difference?

I happen to think we can do both the OL and get that elusive QB we have been looking for.  It will take at least 2 years of waiting, but it can be done .   Drafting a RB in the 1st round will screw up the entire Jets 2016 draft.

they better not go RB in round one.  Totally unnecessary to grab one that early. 

Police report said there was a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car. Must have been that damn 12-year old kid.

He wasn't just speeding, he was evading the police going 143 MPH with his lights out with a 12-year old kid in the car.

Speeding is going 65 in a 55 zone, you don't see the difference?

Between a poster and a troll? 

In the end, it's a ticket. Speeding. No matter how much drama you'd like to add. 

not on your life. 

Not on my life what?

I don't understand this logic....I get that you can often find RB's in later rounds, but guys like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and young Chris Johnson happen.  If you find a RB that you believe can play on a level like that - you absolutely take him...This team is in desperate need of explosive players.   

Not on my life what?

I don't understand this logic....I get that you can often find RB's in later rounds, but guys like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and young Chris Johnson happen.  If you find a RB that you believe can play on a level like that - you absolutely take him...This team is in desperate need of explosive players.   

Well ISIS has these vests that.. On second thought never mind..:ph34r:

I would look to trade Richardson on his expiring rookie  way before I trade Mo Wilkerson.  Both Players are gonna require big pay days and 1 guy has keep his nose clean while the other has cause concern within the management level of the club.

All true, however, Mo will require a big contract in 2016 & 2017 (when we are still paying Revis, Harris, Brick, etc.) while Sheldon's big pay day does not come for another 2-3 years, when a lot of our big contracts will be off the books. This has to factor into the decision. 

Trading mo only makes sense if the jets are getting a major haul in return like as part of a blockbuster deal for a TE. Otherwise the jets need to lock him up. Players on big contracts still have major trade value, look at what NO got for jimmy graham. The jets can't afford to let mo walk for nothing

The goal for 2016 is to improve by two games and challenge NE
for the AFC East.  To do that Maccagnan & Bowles will need to 
make hard decisions and evaluate our personnel critically.  We
didn't generate consistent pressure last year so I won't be 
shocked if we change our front seven, emphasizing our LB's next
year over our DLine.  If that's the case we'll need 2-3 speedy
LB's between free agency and the draft.  So trading Wilkerson
is definitely on the table particularly if you get a #1 like
we did when we traded Abraham to ATL back in 2006

I agree with KRL. Traditionally, in a 3-4 defense, the big playmakers were always in the LB core while the DL tied up the blockers (I was reminded of this last night while watching the Steelers). While investing heavily into our DL has paid off in a strong running defense, failing to invest good pick in the LB corps has resulted in a lack of speed on the outside, a consistent failure to generate pass rush on the outside and a perennial weakness across the middle in passing defense. It's time to flip that script. 

All true, however, Mo will require a big contract in 2016 & 2017 (when we are still paying Revis, Harris, Brick, etc.) while Sheldon's big pay day does not come for another 2-3 years, when a lot of our big contracts will be off the books. This has to factor into the decision. 

I like conversing with you because you seem to be a reasonable person .

The way I look at it, if we cut ties with brick, it saves 10 mil on the cap while leaving us with a 5 mil cap hit if  cut before June 1st or  a 3.5 - 4 mil cap hit if cut afterwards . Mangold has an 8 mil cap hit with zero dead money left. Marshall has a 10 mil cap hit with zero dead money left . Kerley is a dead man walking likely gone after June 1st .  We will have plenty of cap space if we so choose . 

I like conversing with you because you seem to be a reasonable person .

The way I look at it, if we cut ties with brick, it saves 10 mil on the cap while leaving us with a 5 mil cap hit if  cut before June 1st or  a 3.5 - 4 mil cap hit if cut afterwards . Mangold has an 8 mil cap hit with zero dead money left. Marshall has a 10 mil cap hit with zero dead money left . Kerley is a dead man walking likely gone after June 1st .  We will have plenty of cap space if we so choose . 

Thanks (although I'm not sure my wife would agree). 

Bassett at the Jets blog did a nice article on the amount of cap room that would be left after signing Mo, Snacks and a couple of others:

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/bassetts-offseason-primer-a-free-agency-unlike-last-year/161360646

We would literally have money for only 1 mid tier free agent signing (likely a RB). It just doesn't leave us with a lot of room to improve next year unless:

1) Fitz, Marshall & Deck repeat this year's performance (not a gimee); and either

2) the players from the last 2 draft classes (especially Amaro and Devin Smith) continue to improve or 2016's draft class is light's out. 

I don't love being that tight against the cap. Also, I think trading Mo at this stage would yield a nice haul while Sheldon's value is arguably at it's lowest since he entered the league. I like to sell high, not sell low. 

ok

lets go down the trade aisle

what do you get for mo, and how does that make the team better ?    please note you have a huge hole to fill on defense, a key player that plays at a pro-bowl level against the run and pass, is reliable durable and productive

ok

what do you get for mo, and how does that make the team better ?    please note you have a huge hole to fill on defense, a key player that plays at a pro-bowl level against the run and pass, is reliable durable and productive

Leonard Williams could fill in aptly for Wilkerson and the Jets would not miss a beat. You aren't creating a hole by ditching Mo. You're creating massive cap space. 

Leonard Williams could fill in aptly for Wilkerson and the Jets would not miss a beat. You aren't creating a hole by ditching Mo. You're creating massive cap space. 

they are gonna clone williams ?

I didn't realize that, no that works

ok

1) How does that make the team better? When we traded John Abraham, we received a first round pick that we converted into Nick Mangold, who has arguably been a hall of famer. When we traded Revis, we parlayed that into Sheldon, the defensive rookie of the year who thereafter made the pro bowl. 

By trading Mo, we are going to get a high pick (or picks) to replenish this team's base of young talent. 

2) The huge hole will be filled by Richardson or Williams, both of whom were drafted higher than Wilkinson and had (arguably) better rookie seasons. 

Williams, Harrison, Richardson. What more do you want? Bring back Douzable and Bowen to be rotational guys. Catapano could get some run. There's guys on the practice squad the Jets like. 

none of those players are half the player mo is

not even close

Archived